EVGA

PWM/DC fan setting option missing from Z270 Stinger UEFI

Author
chriscla
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/08/16 21:52:20 (permalink)
I have a Z270 Stinger Board running the new 1.03 BIOS in a Fractal Design Nano S case.  The case fans are all running at high speed and changing the SMART Fan curves doesn't seem to affect them. I think this is because they are 3-pin DC fans and the motherboard is treating them as PWM fans.  In the manual, it says that you should use the fan header in the top left of the board and then set that header to DC control in the BIOS.  There's a screenshot showing all this however the option doesn't actually seem to exist in my version of the bios.

Any suggestions on what to try? I've tried using every fan in every header.  The way I'm seeing if SMART control is working is that I have the case/chassis fans set to be OFF until the temperature exceeds 50C. The PWM measurement has it at 40C and it's still working

Any suggestions? Is this a bug?

Attached Image(s)

1 Reply Related Threads

quadlatte
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7191
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 56
    Re: PWM/DC fan setting option missing from Z270 Stinger UEFI 2017/08/20 16:39:01 (permalink)
    the manual has a few misprints, the dc option for headers is on the full size boards that have 7 fan headers, first four (three in your case ) are PWM, cpu-1, cpu_2,  sys_fan and Cha_fan, the next three are DC/PWM ones which your board does not have these three. so yes you will need PWM fans and i would suggest using speed fan for controlling the curves, the smart control is two position stepped, not a real curve, more like speed one and speed two. and thats it. its something evga has been lacking for quite some time but looks as if the x299 may start to change that.

if you need a guide on how to get speedfan working on your board i have one in the software section
    https://forums.evga.com/how-to-configure-speedfan-for-evga-boards-m2692972.aspx

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=72498
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile