EVGA

Power Supply Cable Pinouts

Author
WBS-Power
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/08/10 12:15:04 (permalink)
I see there are no pinout wiring diagrams in the user manuals. Generally that's not too much of a problem since most are standard plugs of one sort or another and can be found elsewhere. There seems, however, to be no pinouts for the Perif1 connector. Could someone please supply a pinout list or diagram for that one? An amperage capability list of the pins would also be helpful. Mine is the 1000 G3 unit. Thanks.

6 Replies Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49164
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Power Supply Cable Pinouts 2017/08/10 13:31:42 (permalink)
    WBS-Power
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Power Supply Cable Pinouts 2017/08/11 08:20:58 (permalink)
    Thank you for your reply. I'm sure the pin-outs shown will be helpful in the future. Unfortunately the illustrations in your post do not include the Perif1 cable to which I referred. In any event, I have looked up the pin-outs for the long time standard "peripheral" power plug. Using a voltmeter, it would seem that the Perif1 plug is the same. So I am going with that pin arrangement to use it to power the device I needed 12V for (a USB port extender). So far so good. I was going to place an illustration here for others who may have the same issue, however, it seems the only way is to include one is to supply a link to it and I didn't want to hot link to one and use someone else's bandwidth. So here is a pin list instead:

Pin 1 - (Yellow) +12V
    Pin 2 - (Black) Common
    Pin 3 - (Black) Common
    Pin 4 - (Red) +5V

I included the standard colors in the list above for those who might do what I did and use an old matching male connector they had laying about. There is a "molex" type connector included with the cables for the power supply for those who don't have one handy. The pins numbers are marked on one side.

Thanks again.

XapaPrime
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: Power Supply Cable Pinouts 2018/01/10 03:18:24 (permalink)
    Hi.
    Sorry I'm new here. but i can't find a direct answer about if I can remove those capacitors or not when sleeving? i know they are there to eliminate surcharge and stabilize the DC current, but are they really necessary?
    How about that in Supernova G3 there was 5 double wires, where the other 2 are placed?
    I will appreciate if someone can give me a direct answer.
    thanks again.
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49164
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Power Supply Cable Pinouts 2018/01/10 07:41:54 (permalink)
    XapaPrime
    Hi.
    Sorry I'm new here. but i can't find a direct answer about if I can remove those capacitors or not when sleeving? i know they are there to eliminate surcharge and stabilize the DC current, but are they really necessary?
    How about that in Supernova G3 there was 5 double wires, where the other 2 are placed?
    I will appreciate if someone can give me a direct answer.
    thanks again.

https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/2532011
    quadlatte
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7191
    • Ribbons : 56
    Re: Power Supply Cable Pinouts 2018/01/12 04:59:38 (permalink)
    WBS-Power
    Thank you for your reply. I'm sure the pin-outs shown will be helpful in the future. Unfortunately the illustrations in your post do not include the Perif1 cable to which I referred. In any event, I have looked up the pin-outs for the long time standard "peripheral" power plug. Using a voltmeter, it would seem that the Perif1 plug is the same. So I am going with that pin arrangement to use it to power the device I needed 12V for (a USB port extender). So far so good. I was going to place an illustration here for others who may have the same issue, however, it seems the only way is to include one is to supply a link to it and I didn't want to hot link to one and use someone else's bandwidth. So here is a pin list instead:

Pin 1 - (Yellow) +12V
    Pin 2 - (Black) Common
    Pin 3 - (Black) Common
    Pin 4 - (Red) +5V

I included the standard colors in the list above for those who might do what I did and use an old matching male connector they had laying about. There is a "molex" type connector included with the cables for the power supply for those who don't have one handy. The pins numbers are marked on one side.

Thanks again.

Aux and perif are the same, you either get sata (5 wires) or molex (4 wires) just pin the the psu side correctly to your needs.

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=72498
    seansauve
    • Total Posts : 8
    Re: Power Supply Cable Pinouts 2018/09/05 18:20:32 (permalink)
    Does anyone know the T2 1600 w pinouts and capacitor values. Also what the optimal replacement would be.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile