Helpful ReplyPXOC 6.1.13/14 Keyboard Issue

Author
bdary
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10330
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 116
2017/08/08 14:41:50 (permalink)
Every time a new release of PXOC comes out, I give it a try as I'd like to be able to use it.  All it needs to do is work as good as MSI AB.  Usually I can tell after a short time (an hour or so) whether it will or not.  So far, this version is working pretty good for me except for one issue...

I'm finding that while gaming, the keys on my Logitech G15 keyboard sometimes (random) act like they stick briefly or not respond for a couple milliseconds.  This isn't good while you're in a fire fight and trying to move quickly.  Or you're moving and need to stop right now, let go of the key, but keep moving (like you're still pressing the key) a bit further than you wanted to.

This doesn't happen when PXOC isn't running or while using MSI AB, so it's related somehow.  Anyone else seeing anything similar to this??
post edited by bdary - 2017/08/16 11:01:26

bdary
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: PXOC 6.1.13 Keyboard Issue 2017/08/10 06:35:30 (permalink)
I guess this isn't anything new  >>  https://forums.evga.com/Precision-X-XOC-Keyboard-Lag-m2524873.aspx

https://www.reddit.com/r/TEAMEVGA/comments/4nyhth/precisionx_causing_keyboard_lag_delay_in_certain/

That's just a couple examples, but apparently it's been going on awhile.  Unfortunate.  Still trying different things to see if I can narrow it down to something specific.

bdary
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: PXOC 6.1.13 Keyboard Issue 2017/08/16 10:40:16 (permalink)
So far the common denominator with this keyboard lag issue is when I have the monitoring graph open on a secondary display.  It's happening while playing DXMD, Batman AK, and Sniper4 Elite.  It also only happens during heavy scenes where I'm using fast back & forth or side to side (or a combination of each) keyboard movements.

When I'm not showing the graph on the secondary display, not a single lag issue...

Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30978
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: PXOC 6.1.13 Keyboard Issue 2017/08/16 10:56:25 (permalink)
Go to Newest version 6.1.14

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

bdary
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: PXOC 6.1.13 Keyboard Issue 2017/08/16 11:01:06 (permalink)
Cool GTX

I was just ready to edit the title to include that version as the issue is the same.  I've been testing with the latest version since it was released...

EDIT: Changed thread title...

MxMatrix
  • Total Posts : 24
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: PXOC 6.1.13 Keyboard Issue 2017/08/18 02:59:53 (permalink)
Cool GTX

I am on the newest version of both EPXOC and LGS (logitech gaming software) and this what I can see happening on both my gaming rigs:
- EPXOC steals randomly foreground INGAME
- G13/G510 loses gaming profile connection and reverts to default profile
- on launching a game with online login it loses foreground priority ... you type your passwords to EPXOC?

It seems EPXOC does not behave well as background application.

EVGA GTX 1070 ACX FTW SC / EVGA GTX 750Ti ACX FTW SC
bdary
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: PXOC 6.1.13 Keyboard Issue 2017/08/18 06:49:07 (permalink)
MxMatrix
Cool GTX

I am on the newest version of both EPXOC and LGS (logitech gaming software) and this what I can see happening on both my gaming rigs:
- EPXOC steals randomly foreground INGAME
- G13/G510 loses gaming profile connection and reverts to default profile
- on launching a game with online login it loses foreground priority ... you type your passwords to EPXOC?

It seems EPXOC does not behave well as background application.

Thanks for your input...

And just for the record as far as my situation is concerned, I'm not using the Logitech gaming software or any profiles.  Don't even have it running.

therealplank
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: PXOC 6.1.13 Keyboard Issue 2017/08/22 15:39:58 (permalink)
Also having this issue. Only installed my EVGA card today and downloaded PXOC to change the LEDS and view temps etc. Rather thank using MSI afterburner as I have on my previous card. Spent a good hour trying to solve the problem only to discover that it was PXOC. Are EVGA aware of this? Ad I'd like to be able to use PXOC due to its superior temperature monitoring abilities.
bdary
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: PXOC 6.1.13 Keyboard Issue 2017/08/23 08:26:55 (permalink)
therealplank
Also having this issue. Only installed my EVGA card today and downloaded PXOC to change the LEDS and view temps etc. Rather thank using MSI afterburner as I have on my previous card. Spent a good hour trying to solve the problem only to discover that it was PXOC. Are EVGA aware of this? Ad I'd like to be able to use PXOC due to its superior temperature monitoring abilities.

Are you having the "keyboard lag" issue when the PXOC monitoring graph is open while gaming?  If so, try playing the game with the monitoring graph closed and see if the "lag" issue is reduced or eliminated.  Post back with results.  Thanks.

UnderTheRain
  • Total Posts : 16
Re: PXOC 6.1.13 Keyboard Issue 2017/08/27 09:16:24 (permalink)
Just had this issue with 2x EVGA SC GAMING 1080 Ti's uninstalling pxoc fixed it and I was using the latest version. MSI afterburner doesn't do this.

Brian
bdary
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: PXOC 6.1.13 Keyboard Issue 2017/08/27 14:22:14 (permalink)
The only thing I found that works all the time and everytime (with PXOC) is to leave the monitoring graph closed while gaming.  I've always preferred to have it open on my 2nd display and was never an issue when using AB.  I can leave PXOC running while gaming without a problem, just have to leave the graph closed.

MsRavenn
  • Total Posts : 79
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: PXOC 6.1.13 Keyboard Issue 2017/08/28 01:41:46 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby XrayMan 2017/09/27 19:07:20
I found this issue since updating to windows 10   with my keyboards I had to go into ease of access and turn a lot of it off because  it  for some reason effected my keys  so also you might want to find the  option for sticky keys as well and adjust  the  setting since I have stopped . I got annoyed at windows 10 because  =ever  5 minutes it would lower/tab out my game automatically so I had to hide my  toolbar  all notifications and so forth..I am not sure if this might help or not but  for me since I done this  my "sticky keys" stopped sticking" 

It's Not any more polite to cover your mouth when you burp. It's like covering your Butt when you fart !!!
bdary
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: PXOC 6.1.13 Keyboard Issue 2017/08/28 07:17:02 (permalink)
MsRavenn
I found this issue since updating to windows 10   with my keyboards I had to go into ease of access and turn a lot of it off because  it  for some reason effected my keys  so also you might want to find the  option for sticky keys as well and adjust  the  setting since I have stopped . I got annoyed at windows 10 because  =ever  5 minutes it would lower/tab out my game automatically so I had to hide my  toolbar  all notifications and so forth..I am not sure if this might help or not but  for me since I done this  my "sticky keys" stopped sticking" 

Hi and welcome to the forums...

Thanks for the suggestion...  I took a look at the settings you mentioned above, however, none of them are enabled.  I also don't think (in this case) that would be causing this issue.  If it was, it would be seen with or without the monitoring graph up on the display as well as when running AB or PXOC.

MsRavenn
  • Total Posts : 79
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: PXOC 6.1.13 Keyboard Issue 2017/08/29 04:30:29 (permalink)
bdary
MsRavenn

Thanks for the suggestion...  I took a look at the settings you mentioned above, however, none of them are enabled.  I also don't think (in this case) that would be causing this issue.  If it was, it would be seen with or without the monitoring graph up on the display as well as when running AB or PXOC.

Sorry I couldn't be of much help

It's Not any more polite to cover your mouth when you burp. It's like covering your Butt when you fart !!!
bdary
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: PXOC 6.1.13 Keyboard Issue 2017/08/29 06:24:00 (permalink)
MsRavenn
bdary
MsRavenn

Sorry I couldn't be of much help

No problem.  All suggestions are welcome...  You never know, your suggestion may help someone else with a similar but different problem.

kaalrok
  • Total Posts : 11
Re: PXOC 6.1.13 Keyboard Issue 2017/09/27 11:12:09 (permalink)
MsRavenn

Thanks, this solved my issue. :)
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile