The 385.12 drivers boost more than just the TitanXP

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
bill1024
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11083
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 65
Re: The 385.12 drivers boost more than just the TitanXP 2017/08/27 10:39:57 (permalink)
Oh well, such is life.

Life is too short to carry a cheap pocket knife

Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 13061
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 34
Re: The 385.12 drivers boost more than just the TitanXP 2017/08/27 15:10:29 (permalink)
howdy2u2
Disrespect?
Demands?
Attitude?

bahahahahahahahahahahahah I find your whole post hilarious, but you stick around SMH

Yeah, I should have worded the whole post differently. I didn't even know anything about these EVGA bucks when I first started Folding on my dual EVGA GTX-680 2 GB video cards. Someone enlightened me to it and showed me how to apply for them each month. It was the enthusiasm of the EVGA Folding Team members that got me started. The GTX-680 was in no way any kind of Folding monster. I don't think I ever even qualified for my monthly EVGA bucks using them 680 boards. These GTX-980 Gaming 4G boards are like night and day in comparison to those old GTX-680 boards. I got my first 5 EVGA bucks using my first GTX-980.
Somebody got an idea stuck in his head about raising the monthly point requirements. I am pretty sure that his intentions were to have a 3rd tier of points so members with a higher powered rig could earn an extra $5 for the higher point level making the monthly maximum $15 instead of $10. Well, to make a long story a little longer, he got his wish for a higher points required but not the 3rd level for an extra $5 per month. Looking at my monthly output, I still would have earned my monthly $10 but that's not why I Fold. I am disabled on fixed income. Whenever I have extra money I use it to Fold with the hope that somewhere, somehow, I can make a difference to help a future generation avoid a lengthy, painful fate that could have been prevented with proper medical care. I remember his argument about "just think about how much Stanford would benefit from raising the points requirement". When management constantly makes increased demands for the minimal return in benefits it just isn't worth it anymore and you then lose sight of the reason you began Folding and start to analyze the electric cost vs your EVGA bucks. It's still nice to have a forum where you can voice your opinions and share your ideas and thoughts.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile