EVGA

Need help with GT730 and Precision

Author
krypt333
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/08/05 08:52:16 (permalink)
Hey everybody, im about as new to this as you can get. A friend recommended me downloading Precision to help with the problem i'm experiencing. When gaming my screen will almost stutter. And he said that could be due to an overheating problem. He said my card and everything were decent, but that he wasnt sure how to make precision work for my needs exactly with my card. So im hoping someone here can point me in the right direction as far as what i should have Precision set on.

1 Reply Related Threads

bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8048
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 761
    Re: Need help with GT730 and Precision 2017/08/05 20:33:24 (permalink)
    Welcome to the forums..The GT 730 has only a 2-wire fan and cannot be controlled with software such as EVGA Precision or MSI Afterburner, it's controlled by the card's VBIOS..The Maximum GPU Temperature for the GT 730 GPU chip is 98C as specified by NVIDIA..The clock speed will begin throttling down at 80C (pretty sure) and can cause stuttering/performance issues if it's getting that high..You can read and log the GPU temperature with software and anything over 80C is not good..The default Temperature Target in EVGA Precision will tell you (in C) what the GPU's throttling temperature is..A GT 730 is a low-end card and if you're trying to play graphically demanding/intense games with it on higher graphics settings/resolution, it's just not good enough.

Check the maximum GPU temperature while gaming and post back your result..You should also list the rest of your system hardware and OS and what game(s) give you problems.

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile