EVGA Please consider developing AMD motherboards

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
seth89
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5290
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: EVGA Please consider developing AMD motherboards 2017/08/19 15:19:09 (permalink)
I love evga mobos but companies like MSI are defiantly making the same type of ultra high-end products too.

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: EVGA Please consider developing AMD motherboards 2017/08/19 17:19:33 (permalink)
seth89
I love evga mobos but companies like MSI are defiantly making the same type of ultra high-end products too.

Cleaned up the extras ;-)
seth89
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5290
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: EVGA Please consider developing AMD motherboards 2017/08/19 20:18:57 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
seth89

Cleaned up the extras ;-)

Thanks, my phone posted three time...

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14685
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: EVGA Please consider developing AMD motherboards 2017/08/20 11:59:02 (permalink)
seth89

The same type of ultra high-end products too?  EVGA doesn't make ultra high-end mobo like this one ASUS ROG Maximus IX Extreme LGA1151 . A reason why ASRock, ASUS, GIGABYTE, MSI are the top 4 mfg for motherboards. They people more options to choose from and pack more features too.

polarbeardj
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 436
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA Please consider developing AMD motherboards 2017/09/08 14:11:47 (permalink)
I do agree it would be nice if they had a MB for Ryzen and Threadripper, I would certainly prefer to buy as many parts from a trusted
manufacturer than mixing and matching to much.

I am happy with my EVGA Video card and PS, if they choose not to make a MB for my Ryzen processor thats ok.  I will continue to buy
the parts they make when I need them because I believe they are good quality.

My Affiliate Code: 3F5AN56XRT

bigcee
  • Total Posts : 82
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA Please consider developing AMD motherboards 2017/09/14 08:23:44 (permalink)
polarbeardj
I do agree it would be nice if they had a MB for Ryzen and Threadripper, I would certainly prefer to buy as many parts from a trusted
manufacturer than mixing and matching to much.

I am happy with my EVGA Video card and PS, if they choose not to make a MB for my Ryzen processor thats ok.  I will continue to buy
the parts they make when I need them because I believe they are good quality.

I think that's a myth overall. True, it is nice to think that EVGA has internally tested compatibility with their own products, but it would make sense for them to test graphics cards on Asus, Gigabyte, and other manufacturer's products as well.

Secondly, components are manufactured to specifications and should meet minimum industry standards. All the manufacturers are making things to at meet and surpass these requirements.

As far as the other inferences about EVGA being bullied by Intel to not produce AMD products or Nvidia bullying them to not produce AMD graphics cards, I'm not seeing the connection there. I don't think it is some kind of David and Goliath relationship they have; I would imagine Intel's and Nvidia's relationship w/ EVGA is more or less the same based on their relationship with other makers.

I'm sure it's more of a feasibility and profitability issue. The cost in dev time, then tooling up and parts sourcing, would put you in the hole at the get go and down the road a bit when profit comes in.  Besides, they seem to lean into the gpu market and psu market along with cooling products, based on the prolific product lines they have.

Maybe if they spent less time making all of these stupid marketing "versions" of the 1080ti and through some AMD cards in there we would get there.
I mean c'mon, why are there so many variants of the 1080ti? https://www.evga.com/products/productlist.aspx?type=0&family=GeForce+10+Series+Family&chipset=GTX+1080+Ti
Sorry, separate beef.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,  gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. - Galatians 5:22,23

bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: EVGA Please consider developing AMD motherboards 2017/09/14 13:21:20 (permalink)
bigcee
I think that's a myth overall. True, it is nice to think that EVGA has internally tested compatibility with their own products, but it would make sense for them to test graphics cards on Asus, Gigabyte, and other manufacturer's products as well.

To do this each company would have to GIVE EVGA one each of All their Motherboards and that will not happen.
Asus, Gigabyte, and other manufacturer's do not Test EVGA Graphics Cards on their MB nor do they Test their GPUs on EVGA MB's.
Why should only EVGA do this?
ASUS as stated we do not support our Motherboards with Non ASUS Graphics Cards, this is why so many other MB and GPU owners come here to the EVGA Forums for support on their Non-EVGA Products.
post edited by bcavnaugh - 2017/09/14 13:27:35

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

bigcee
Re: EVGA Please consider developing AMD motherboards 2017/09/14 13:26:49 (permalink)
bcavnaugh
bigcee

To do this each company would have to GIVE EVGA one each of All their Motherboards and that will not happen.
Asus, Gigabyte, and other manufacturer's do not Test EVGA Graphics Cards on their MB nor do they Test their GPUs on EVGA MB's.

So it's more likely that cards are just manufactured to spec/industry standard for Nvidia and PCI-E and chipset spec.

And no, I didn't mean to imply that other manufacturer's would give EVGA stuff to test on, I was more thinking that they would just grab one off the shelf.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,  gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. - Galatians 5:22,23

bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
Re: EVGA Please consider developing AMD motherboards 2017/09/14 13:31:11 (permalink)
bigcee
bcavnaugh
bigcee

ASUS as stated we do not support our Motherboards with Non ASUS Graphics Cards, this is why so many other MB and GPU owners come here to the EVGA Forums for support on their Non-EVGA Products.

So it's more likely that cards are just manufactured to spec/industry standard for Nvidia and PCI-E and chipset spec.

And no, I didn't mean to imply that other manufacturer's would give EVGA stuff to test on, I was more thinking that they would just grab one off the shelf.

At who's Cost, they would have to add a few hundred per device to be able to do this.
So we would end up paying for it all, so we pay $1200 for a simple GPU because the Cost was $23,000 to Test it on all other Manufactures Devices. Make no real since. 
post edited by bcavnaugh - 2017/09/14 13:33:59

bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
Re: EVGA Please consider developing AMD motherboards 2017/09/14 13:32:32 (permalink)
The Base Standard is on NVIDIA not on EVGA to boot.
And this Thread is really only about AMD Motherboards.
post edited by bcavnaugh - 2017/09/14 13:35:22

bigcee
Re: EVGA Please consider developing AMD motherboards 2017/09/14 13:52:13 (permalink)
bcavnaugh
At who's Cost, they would have to add a few hundred per device to be able to do this.
So we would end up paying for it all, so we pay $1200 for a simple GPU because the Cost was $23,000 to Test it on all other Manufactures Devices. Make no real since. 

Yeah I see your point. However, for other reasons, I don't think $1200 is an unlikely price for a high end gamer gpu in our future if trends keep up. :)

bcavnaugh
The Base Standard is on NVIDIA not on EVGA to boot.
And this Thread is really only about AMD Motherboards.

Yeah. So getting back to that, it would take a lot of Dev time to get boards surface mounted and get all the production up and rolling. And maybe it would mean some staff change up, hiring up some AMD engineers or something like that.  I don't know.

Then there is the merch and accessories that goes along with an AMD product, along with box design and what not. It looks like AMD takes care of much of this, as does Nvidia, so maybe EVGA wouldn't have to develop the packaging much.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile