EVGA card warranty related question

Author
onikett
  • Total Posts : 15
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/06/25 21:30:26 (permalink)
Hi, I brought this card from USA: 
My friend's uncle bought it from newegg using his credit card. I don't live in USA.
Now my question is if I need to claim warranty do I need to do it through my friend's uncle(who originally bought it)?? Or I can contact newegg/evga directly?? And if I can claim it directly what papers will I need?? I've got the invoice and delivery confirmation mail that was sent to her uncle.
Please reply in detail as I don't have any experience regarding these not living in the USA.
Thank you.
post edited by onikett - 2017/06/25 22:32:32

8 Replies Related Threads

ShaneRobs
    • Total Posts : 68
    Re: EVGA card warranty related question 2017/06/25 21:45:04 (permalink)
    onikett
    Hi, I brought this card from USA:  friend's uncle bought it from newegg using his credit card. I don't live in USA.
    Now my question is if I need to claim warranty do I need to do it through my friend's uncle(who originally bought it)?? Or I can contact newegg/evga directly?? And if I can claim it directly what papers will I need?? I've got the invoice and delivery confirmation mail that was sent to her uncle.
    Please reply in detail as I don't have any experience regarding these not living in the USA.
    Thank you.
    onikett hope this answers your question https://www.evga.com/articles/00671/
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49166
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: EVGA card warranty related question 2017/06/25 21:48:14 (permalink)
    Since the invoice isn't in your name you won't be able to register the product. Your best option would be to file a guest rma in the future if you ever need to rma the card.

What is the Guest RMA process and why does it help?

• No registration is required to submit a request.
    • Warranty submission is done through a simple online form without contacting tech support through the phone.
    • You know if you're under warranty right away, if you're under warranty you can submit an RMA.
    • You can work with EVGA's legendary tech support for troubleshooting if you wish, or you can skip and send your product in.
    onikett
    Re: EVGA card warranty related question 2017/06/25 23:06:30 (permalink)
    @ShaneRobs @Sajin thanks. I got an overall idea. Now as I read, I register the product, fill up the necessary form and online paperwork and send it to local warranty center. Right?
    Is there a list of local warranty centers around the world?
    I want to know if my country(Bangladesh) has one, and if not what is the closest one.

ShaneRobs
    Re: EVGA card warranty related question 2017/06/25 23:20:20 (permalink)
    onikett
    @ShaneRobs @Sajin thanks. I got an overall idea. Now as I read, I register the product, fill up the necessary form and online paperwork and send it to local warranty center. Right?
    I want to know if my country(Bangladesh) has one, and if not what is the closest one.

This might be your only option a long way away from you but still closer then where I had to ship mine from Chicago to Brea California. EVGA Asia / Pacific
    Taiwan Office
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Tel: +886.2.82262868
    Fax: +886.2.82261338
    Service email: supportTW@evga.com
    Australian Office
    Service email: supportTW@evga.com
    onikett
    Re: EVGA card warranty related question 2017/06/26 06:29:57 (permalink)
    ShaneRobs
    onikett

This might be your only option a long way away from you but still closer then where I had to ship mine from Chicago to Brea California. EVGA Asia / Pacific
    Taiwan Office
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Tel: +886.2.82262868
    Fax: +886.2.82261338
    Service email:
    Australian Office
    Service email:

What about the shipping cost? Will I need to provide shipping cost both ways even if the card turns out to be faulty within the warranty period?
    ShaneRobs
    Re: EVGA card warranty related question 2017/06/26 07:17:19 (permalink)
    Guest RMA - Start Now
    This RMA option is for any user, but also those that have lost their invoice, or purchased their product from another user or unauthorized reseller.
    Check if your product is under warranty and submit an RMA request. Provide as much information about your problem as you can, EVGA Tech Support may reply back with troubleshooting tips or further questions.
    You will then be responsible for shipping your product to EVGA following our shipping guidelines.
    Upon receipt of your product, without damage, EVGA will ship via ground shipping to the address you provided within 1-3 business days.
    Products with an extended warranty, or those with a long term warranty, may not use the Guest RMA if outside 3 years from the date your product was shipped to EVGA.
    This is the procedure did you enter your serial number from Sajin's post? If you qualify you can go from there with the guest RMA
    onikett
    Re: EVGA card warranty related question 2017/06/29 22:30:59 (permalink)
    ShaneRobs
    Guest RMA - Start Now
    This RMA option is for any user, but also those that have lost their invoice, or purchased their product from another user or unauthorized reseller.
    Check if your product is under warranty and submit an RMA request. Provide as much information about your problem as you can, EVGA Tech Support may reply back with troubleshooting tips or further questions.
    You will then be responsible for shipping your product to EVGA following our shipping guidelines.
    Upon receipt of your product, without damage, EVGA will ship via ground shipping to the address you provided within 1-3 business days.
    Products with an extended warranty, or those with a long term warranty, may not use the Guest RMA if outside 3 years from the date your product was shipped to EVGA.
    This is the procedure did you enter your serial number from Sajin's post? If you qualify you can go from there with the guest RMA

Thanks for your response. I got it overall. So am I right that I provide the shipping cost to send the card for RMA, and EVGA provide the shipping cost to send it back to me?
    ShaneRobs
    Re: EVGA card warranty related question 2017/06/29 22:35:23 (permalink)
    I think that's what it is you pay to get it there they pay to get it back to you. That's what happened on my only RMA with evga
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile