EVGA

EVGA precision OSD keeps popping up despite disabling!

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Rangermanlv
  • Total Posts : 8
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA precision OSD keeps popping up despite disabling! 2019/04/01 20:24:28 (permalink)
Also want to report I am still having this problem. I have turned off ALL options I can find having to do with EVGA OSD and I still always get EVGA PrecisionX Server starting with Precision OC. I do not have the problem with the OSD appearing on my screen specifically as i've never used it, but it does seem to try to start it as my Google Chrome window will loose focus to some other program even when I am in the middle of typing on a forum post or something. Also this issue is causing my Conan Exiles to CTD and last time it happened I looked in Task manager and there were literally over 1000 instances of EVGA PrecisionX Server running. It slowed down my computer so badly I literally was getting problems even with Task Manager being able to display so I could close down the whole process and get the computer to close all the Server instances running. 

This is a major issue as I use PrecisionX OC to keep track of video card operation and to set a custom fan profile to have the fan start blowing more at a lower temperature threshold as I have heat issues near my computer and in my room. I have heard that renaming the PrecisionX Server .exe to something else can keep it from starting but I would rather this issue was just fixed in the program itself. I understand however that the person who originally wrote the program no longer maintains it as it's licensed to several video card companies so i'm not really sure what can be done. 
kerowhack
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: EVGA precision OSD keeps popping up despite disabling! 2019/05/28 20:32:47 (permalink)
It's ludicrous that this has been a known issue for almost two years and there's still no patch.
l1ghtman2k
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: EVGA precision OSD keeps popping up despite disabling! 2019/07/13 06:54:06 (permalink)
post edited by l1ghtman2k - 2020/08/04 22:47:25
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile