EVGA

Precision X O/C scanner doesn't work properly!

Author
nrpeyton
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 257
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 2
2017/06/23 01:20:00 (permalink)
Hi,

As title suggests:
Precision X O/C scanner doesn't work properly

The idea is that it should keep raising the core frequency for EACH voltage point. Until it artifacts or crashes. At which point the last known good frequency should *stick*. Then it should move onto the next voltage point and repeat. But what seems to happen instead is it starts off OKAY. Then as the frequency begins getting higher the O/C scanner seems to become more "conservative" in it's attempt to keep boosting the frequency for each given voltage point. Settling on something lower (before any artifacts or crashes).

I don't know if this is a BUG. Or if the O/C scanner is just there "for show" as an advertising gimmick. But it certainly hasn't worked.

I've tried it repeatedly after every new version has been released. Including on my 1080 Classified and now on my 1080 TI FE. Yet the problem persists.

Another BUG that sometimes affected a previous version (was it would keep on raising frequency correctly--but after the driver crashes it would not save the last known 'good frequency' properly. Forcing you to restart the entire lengthy process again. Only for the same bug to occur. 

Extremely frustrating.

If this function actually worked it would be something truly unique that no other company offers. Currently MSI Afterburner is the go-to O/C app for most people. (regardless of GPU brand). I feel more people would move to Precision X if this exclusive feature actually worked.

If it's any help to the developers; OCCT's GPU stress test section is very good. It's able to spot errors much better than any other GPU stress tester available. In fact it's widely used by people at overclock.net for testing memory overclocks. As it shows errors before the driver crashes when you reach your maximum memory overclock.

Maybe the developers of both apps could get together and work something out?

I do hope this reaches the right person.

Thanks & look forward to hearing an official response on this!

Nick Peyton
-EVGA Customer.

1 Reply Related Threads

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21174
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: Precision X O/C scanner doesn't work properly! 2017/06/23 07:33:44 (permalink)
    I had quite good results automatically finding overclock limits using GPUTool which was a beta application by Wizzard at TechPowerUp.com. I am not sure if GPUTool still works for modern video cards though.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile