X399?

Author
Questors
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 104
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 2
2017/06/07 04:55:00 (permalink)
Nowhere else to put this, well general, but that is hardly MB related. 

I know the EVGA mantra is, "We only speak blue and green here." However, if Threadripper is all that and a bag of chips, could EVGA dabble in the X399 platform?

9 Replies Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: X399? 2017/06/07 05:05:37 (permalink)
    EVGA does not make amd boards at this time, and if they did, there would be an AMD specific forum. Moving this post to general hardware now.
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102262
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: X399? 2017/06/07 05:20:22 (permalink)
    EVGA is an INTEL partner and at this time that has not changed. Personally I'd like to see this happen but I doubt it. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

AngryAce
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 867
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: X399? 2017/06/07 14:47:25 (permalink)
    Most of the other major gfx card and mobo mfg. make both AMD and Intel boards and gfx cards. I always wondered why EVGA doesn't. The other companies have their products out at the same time or even earlier than EVGA so it is not like they receive any special consideration for being exclusive to intel and NVidia. We shall see what the reviews say for both x299 and x399 before I decide if I will upgrade from my current x99 platform.

quadlatte
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7191
    • Ribbons : 56
    Re: X399? 2017/06/08 02:04:33 (permalink)
    i think evga focus on just mostly the higher end stuff, the reason you only see 3 boards per chipset. i remember they did at one point have a amd board back during the nforce days but once intel shut everyone out ( AMD has also, not many chipset choices out besides the two brands now ) they were left with a choice. as for others like asus, msi and gigabyte they are much larger and have been around quite a bit longer and they also have a huge oem market, just look at all the different models they have not counting their oem stuff. were as evga is a small fish in a really big ocean. 

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=72498
    Vlada011
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10257
    • Ribbons : 11
    Re: X399? 2017/06/11 08:07:51 (permalink)
    X399 could be revalation.
    ASUS Zenith Extreme is nothing behind Rampage VI Extreme and Rampage VI Apex.
    Black-dark, E-ATX, 8+8 pin... Now only everything is on AMD.
    Good memory results and compatibility, good single threaded performance and if customers could OC at least 500MHz that would be great platform.
    But if their 16 Core Threadripper could work on 3.5GHz max and show far less fps than i7-7700K than gamers should avoid that platform even if multithreaded performance are great and to invest little more for i9-7900X. I can bet he will be better for gamers and little weaker in multithreaded applications.
    But 70% of people here never used nothing over 6 core, because of that 16 core is great but not with single threaded performance as i7-5960X on stock speed.

i7-5820K 4.5GHz/RVE10-EK Monoblock/Dominator Platinum 2666/ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon/SBZxR /Samsung 970 EVO PLus 1TB/850 EVO 1TB /EVGA 1200P2/Lian Li PC-O11WXC/EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass/Coolstream PE360-Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3
    http://www.evga.com
    http://www.intel.com
    http://www.nvidia.com
    https://watercool.de
    http://www.lian-li.com
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHMun5xiRe0

https://xdevs.com/guide/2080ti_kpe/#intro
    https://www.evga.com/articles/01386/evga-sr-3-dark/

greensoldierusa
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 106
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: X399? 2017/08/28 22:49:22 (permalink)
    Yes bringing this thread back up again. I would just love for the EVGA quality to be graced upon a platform that has really brought a fire back into the market. I believe EVGA could do a bang up job where others have missed the mark. I however do understand as to why they would not want to break into the Radeon side of the house as they cannot truly contend against Nvidia in my opinion however the cpu side of the company is entirely different. However, I would love to see where intel graphics can compare to either AMD or Nvidia. I cannot understand the mindset of a good company like evga that would follow blindly based on what really? I also do not see Nvidia competing in the CPU market either. I mean give credit where its due and open your clientele base and expand. This would only force other companies to step up and push the industry as a whole. AMD is a very ambitious company which unfortunately spreads a small company too thin between too many markets. That being said I love Nvidia graphics card. For me the importance of the platform is the available pcie lanes.

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102262
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: X399? 2017/08/28 22:57:10 (permalink)
    EVGA reads these forums but as I said previously EVGA is an Intel partner and right now I don't see that changing anytime soon. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: X399? 2017/08/29 00:21:11 (permalink)
    greensoldierusa
    Yes bringing this thread back up again. I would just love for the EVGA quality to be graced upon a platform that has really brought a fire back into the market. I believe EVGA could do a bang up job where others have missed the mark. I however do understand as to why they would not want to break into the Radeon side of the house as they cannot truly contend against Nvidia in my opinion however the cpu side of the company is entirely different. However, I would love to see where intel graphics can compare to either AMD or Nvidia. I cannot understand the mindset of a good company like evga that would follow blindly based on what really? I also do not see Nvidia competing in the CPU market either. I mean give credit where its due and open your clientele base and expand. This would only force other companies to step up and push the industry as a whole. AMD is a very ambitious company which unfortunately spreads a small company too thin between too many markets. That being said I love Nvidia graphics card. For me the importance of the platform is the available pcie lanes.

It's as simple as being a partner of Intel means when Intel shows off a new CPU on stage at an event that demo of the CPU will be using a motherboard by a Intel partner. You break that partnership and it becomes much harder to really show off on day one a motherboard when a product is announced and really with AMD track record not worth it.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

greensoldierusa
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 106
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: X399? 2017/08/29 11:37:13 (permalink)
    Hoggle
    greensoldierusa

It's as simple as being a partner of Intel means when Intel shows off a new CPU on stage at an event that demo of the CPU will be using a motherboard by a Intel partner. You break that partnership and it becomes much harder to really show off on day one a motherboard when a product is announced and really with AMD track record not worth it.

I completely understand just bummed looking at ASUS anything anymore to be honest and personally have not had any issues with any EVGA product i have purchased. I can not say the same thing for any of the other companies and believe that with a partner like evga perhaps quality control may be a focal point rather than afterthought.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile