Midwest US area - delid tool?

Author
jkinney110
  • Total Posts : 78
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
2017/06/06 08:21:26 (permalink)
Hey! I'm from Indianapolis, Indiana.

I've got a 7700K that is ridiculously hot. Will reach up to about 90 to 92C on the Package temp on a 240mm AIO cooler that performs admirably in other scenarios. This is at stock clocks in a Phanteks Evolv ITX with a total of 5 (2 intake at Front/Rad. 3 Outtake) Thermaltake Riing 120mm fans. GPU isn't much an issue either; blower-design reference-style Radeon RX 480 8GB.

Onto my main topic:
I am looking to see if anybody in the area; IL - IN - OH has a delid tool they don't mind lending the use of. I'll drive to you, we can share stories and say a prayer as I attempt to delid my processor. However it works.

I've found the Rockit88 kit and a Re-Lid kit. And I could quite possibly go forward and spend the $38 for those. But before doing so, I would much rather drive around and try it this way. fuel efficient cars 4tw! I'm aware it's probably not the most ideal thing to have a forum member basically asking to meet another one; but I'm desperate enough to want to try something. 

I tend to frequent trips to Sharonville, OH for MicroCenter if anybody is in the area!

I'm a fanboy. Of the PC Master Race.
Day-1: Maxwell, Polaris, Ryzen

1 Reply Related Threads

cabbage
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2027
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Midwest US area - delid tool? 2017/06/08 10:12:22 (permalink)
    well. you could wait for the response you're looking for, or just buy the tool. that's what I did for my 7700k's. I suggest using either CL or kryonaut for the thermal. don't forget to pick up some 90% iso alcohol as well for the die and lid
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile