EVGA

My EVGA RMA experience.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
vortex-5
  • Total Posts : 49
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: My EVGA RMA experience. 2017/05/28 08:11:19 (permalink)
Hopefully all is well one thing about these noise issues is they don't come up all the time since the fan has to hit a certain RPM range you can cause it with a synthetic test but you often can't replicate it in gameplay.

Also now that summer has rolled around for us in the northern hemisphere it could be difficult to hear the video card amidst the constant hum of air conditioning.
vortex-5
Re: My EVGA RMA experience. 2017/06/01 07:32:50 (permalink)
Curious if there are any updates?

Completely gone?

Hard to tell?

Different RPM now?
Thegm963
  • Total Posts : 63
Re: My EVGA RMA experience. 2017/06/03 02:34:29 (permalink)
Complaining about a little extra noise while I have to deal with a card that wouldn't let my system post at all, then with the rma replacement artifacting all over the place like crazy+considerable coil whine and now waiting on the THIRD replacement. All these from a 700 euros flagship card within like 6-7 months. 

Thats some fine QC over there...Do they like test at all these products before shipping? My gaming time is little and precious to have to play the tech troubleshooting the card all day or to have like a month of downtime...Not to mention the 50 or so euros to ship the card back from where I live...
vortex-5
Re: My EVGA RMA experience. 2017/06/05 06:32:47 (permalink)
Jahonnes
vortex-5
I RMA'ed my card and the RMA'ed unit I received has the same noise but worse it has your background chattering noise for more of of the fan rpm range as in your last video.

I've decided to send them back the cross shipped RMA card at this point I don't think there is a solution if you manage to get a working card please update us because I've given up on getting a successful RMA'ed card that doesn't have this fan noise unless someone has a different experience or was able to get an RMA card that is actually better than their original noise problem.

Just came back from my vacation, and it appears that the latest replacement has no noise issues and runs a lot cooler than my previous card. But this is after the first 10 minutes of quick testing. I will write my conclusion on this whole experience in the next few days.

Curious if there are any updates?

Completely gone?

Hard to tell?

Different RPM now?

I'm reluctant to go for another RMA since it does seem like there are more than one noise issue on the card and there's not a good chance you'd get a working card without a noise fault from the RMA.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile