PlayerUknown's Battlegrounds

Author
rsxownes
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 293
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/05/26 04:23:50 (permalink)
Has anyone picked this up and have played for a bit to give a small review of it so far? It seems it has been at the top of the Steam sale charts for awhile now and I've had a couple people at work speak of it.

Current RIG
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo black case
CPU: Intel I9-13900K
MB: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB DDR5 5600
PS: EVGA 80 PLUS Platinum 1000 W
SSD: Kingston KC3000 4TB PCIe 4.0 x4 NVMe
GPU: Nvidia 4090

Heatware: https://heatware.com/eval.php?id=100702

8 Replies Related Threads

ARMYguy
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1050
    Re: PlayerUknown's Battlegrounds 2017/05/26 06:49:25 (permalink)
    A ton of people stream this game on twitch it seems... looks fun, but i don't personally own it.

Asus Strix Z790 F - Intel 13700 K - Gigabyte 4090 Windforce - 32gb DDR 5 - 1TB Samsung SSD 850 evo - Windows 10 Pro - 1TB Samsung M.2 860 - Inland 2 TB NVMe - Acer Predator X27
    Opolis
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2778
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: PlayerUknown's Battlegrounds 2017/05/26 10:16:23 (permalink)
    It's pretty fun, needs first person only servers to avoid all the wall camping (I heard it's in the works).
    Playing in a group of 4 friends is a blast.
    Have you played ARMA Battle Royal mod?  Same guy and concept.
    post edited by Opolis - 2017/05/26 10:19:31

VooDooPC
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 727
    Re: PlayerUknown's Battlegrounds 2017/05/26 16:43:33 (permalink)
    I thought about picking it up, but the more I see of it, the more fishy stuff I see. Like people modding the game to remove the grass, remove all the shadows, or people using neon player skins.
    OGM3X
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 345
    Re: PlayerUknown's Battlegrounds 2017/05/26 16:48:45 (permalink)
    Game is fun , even better when you have a group of 4  

MDeckerM
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1799
    • Ribbons : 8
    Re: PlayerUknown's Battlegrounds 2017/05/26 20:28:53 (permalink)
    VooDooPC
    I thought about picking it up, but the more I see of it, the more fishy stuff I see. Like people modding the game to remove the grass, remove all the shadows, or people using neon player skins.

Yep, texture modding is a problem in these types of games.
    rsxownes
    iCX Member
    Re: PlayerUknown's Battlegrounds 2017/05/27 03:23:51 (permalink)
    Opolis
    It's pretty fun, needs first person only servers to avoid all the wall camping (I heard it's in the works).
    Playing in a group of 4 friends is a blast.
    Have you played ARMA Battle Royal mod?  Same guy and concept.

I've played ARMA 3 EPOCH mod, DayZ, ArK (the mode where the circle gets smaller forcing others to combat), and Rust. So I have some experience in this field, looks like it has good support from the makers of the game and people are loving it. Saying it runs good for an early access, I'll probably check it out since it's only 30 bucks. Or maybe wait till there's a sale on it.

Current RIG

rsxownes
    iCX Member
    Re: PlayerUknown's Battlegrounds 2017/05/27 03:36:05 (permalink)
    VooDooPC

I was looking into that also, but it looks like the turning off foliage and "lag switch" cheat have been taken care of already on a recent patch. They are also using BattleEye Anti-Cheat.

- Looking at the latest patch labeled as "Early Access Month 2 Update" on Steam. Looks like they made it to where you can't alter shadows to cheat. Here are the notes.

This patch will be deployed to the Stable Servers on Thursday, May 25, 5PM KST/1AM PDT/8AM UTC and is expected to take approx. 1 hour to complete.
    Early Access - Month 2 - Patch Notes
    Known Issues

• Localization of 'VSS' and 'Vector' for few country is not applied properly
    • There is an issue that occasionally causes a white line to be shown when the player is on the airplane
    • There is an issue with PhysX which causes the motorbike to move in non-natural fashion after hitting the terrain when upside downAnti-Cheat
    • You will no longer be able to remove shadows by revising the .ini fileClient Performance
    • Improved CPU usage for world level streaming
    • Improved rendering performance of fences
    • Improved rendering performance of grass 
    • Improved rendering performance for weapons and attachments seen at distance
    • Improved rendering performance by modifying certain weapon and vehicle effects that were unnecessarily rendered at distance
    • Improved character animation performance
    • Improved effect performance
    • Improved the performance of team-mate name plate, map and mini-map in teamplayContent
    • Added VSS. A suppressed sniper rifle with permanent 4X scope & chambered for 9mm ammo. This new weapon can be found in carepackages & as a very rare loot spawn
    • Added MotorbikeGameplay
    • Reduced the moving speed of the two final play zones for better engagement during the endgame
    • Made a balance pass on certain weapons: Vector Reduced bullet damage slightly Increased deviation gain per shot S1897/S686/S12K Reduced pellet damage slightly AKM Increased bullet damage slightly
    • Fixed an issue where the players alive count would reduce when a player disconnected. Now the count will only go down upon the players death.Action & Gunplay
    • Now players can put stock attachments on following weapons: SKS : Sniper rifle cheek pad Vector : Tactical stock (for M416)
    • Adjusted the color of the aiming point for the basic crossbow scope.
    • Added new scope rendering method (parallax free) allowing for greater aiming precision [link=https://twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/866621003350265857]https://twitter.com/PUBAT...tus/866621003350265857[/link]
    • Improved ADS view
    • Modified recoil for following weapons: AKM, SCAR, M16, M416 
    • Fixed an issue allowing a player to zoom in with right click when waiting before throwing a grenade
    • Decreased the time to ADS when using the 2X scope  Vehicle
    • Added punctured wheel effect and sound
    • Added burnt markings to vehicles after being destroyed
    • Added the motorbike number plate image
    • When a vehicle explodes, the fences near the vehicle will now also be destroyedWorld
    • Added new vegetation to the lobbyUI
    • Players can press ‘delete’ to remove their marker placed on the world map 
    • Adjusted the transparency of mini-map grid and coordinates text to make the map more visible 
    • Added a dotted line towards the next play zone on the mini-map
    • Modified the icon design of the First Aid Kit
    • Added Thai language in language options 
    • Added new key bindings for hold breath, motorbike air control and switch to previous weaponSound
    • Improved the sound of Motorbike
    • Added sound for door destruction effectBugfixes
    • Fixed a bug that caused vehicles to be spawned in garages consistantly. Vehicles should be spawned at a higher rate in garages, but not at 100%
    • Fixed an issue that disabled bullet tracing for SKS
    • Fixed a bug that caused the game client to crash when a flashbang goes off
    • Partially fixed bug that caused a character to get stuck in terrain, buildings or objects
    • Partially fixed a bug that caused a vehicle to get stuck in buildings, fences or other vehicles
    • Partially fixed a bug that caused items to be unlootable 
    • Fixed a bug that caused carepackages to shake when falling
    • Fixed a bug that caused a throwable weapon to be thrown in the freelook direction and not the direction in which a character is facing
    • Fixed an issue with two markers being visible when placing a marker in the airplane after placing it in the lobby
    • Fixed a bug that caused a player icon to be doubled up on the minimap. 
    • Fixed a bug that caused the same color for two teammate icons
    • Fixed a bug that caused the final play zone to be created over water
    • Fixed a bug that sporadically muted the rain sound
    • Significantly mitigated an issue that allowed a player in a closed house to be killed by the red zone bombs
    • Fixed a bug that caused animation not to stop when using consumable items while reviving a teammate
    • Fixed a bug that caused a character experience the damage effect at random
    • Fixed a bug that caused all teammates to enter the REVIVE state when one teammate is hit by a bomb in Red Zone while being in a vehicle
    • Fixed a bug that caused the REVIVE gauge not to disappear when the character being revived is disconnected
    • Fixed a bug that caused the sound volume of UMP with silencer to be too low
    • Fixed a bug that caused throwable items not to drop when switching to other weapons
    • Fixed a bug that caused the trace effect to not disappear after using throwable weapons
    • Fixed a bug where removing the pin from a grenade was canceled by changing the throwing posture.
    • Fixed an issue with compass points not matching the actual direction when in the passenger seat of a vehicle
    • Added a character animation for when dragging an item into the inventorySee you in-game, PLAYERUNKNOWN

Current RIG

rsxownes
    iCX Member
    Re: PlayerUknown's Battlegrounds 2017/05/27 03:38:17 (permalink)
    So looks like they are definitely working on it. Right now they are investigating the server lag problems that some people are having. They currently are using the top servers that AWS had, and they are working together to pinpoint the cause of the lag. I'm gonna get it and join some of the people here at work that are playing it.

Current RIG

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile