EVGA

Some questions

Author
luqa1337
  • Total Posts : 13
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/05/21 11:42:36 (permalink)
Hi, Im not sure if this is the right board for these questions. So im sorry if i posted wrong.

Anyway im planning to buy the EVGA GTX 1080 TI SC2 Hybrid directly from the EVGA store. In the past i always bought it from a retailer. But now my questions is; if can send the card back if it has coil whine?
In my country there is 3 week return law for buying at a distance. But since this buying/shipment is outside my country im not sure how EVGA's policy is on this.

Also is coil whine more common on Hybrid cards? The reason im asking this. I just had MSI gtx 1080 ti sea hawk X, and it has anoying coil whine on all kinds of loads or fps. I also had a gigabyte gtx 1080 waterforce 8 months ago. And also had coil whine as well. So back then i went for an EVGA 1080 FTW and been very happy with it(Always been content with evga). And i cant recall ever having coil whine except on hybrid cards
So is it more common on hybrids or have im been unlucky on them and more Lucky on fan based cards? Im still on the fence for my next purchase. I really like the cooling and quiet aspect of it. But i really hate coil whine.

Anyway thanks in advance for any help!

6 Replies Related Threads

MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14686
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: Some questions 2017/05/21 12:51:44 (permalink)
    Are you talking about sending it back for RMA or a refund if it has coil whine?

luqa1337
    Re: Some questions 2017/05/21 15:08:30 (permalink)
    MSim
    Are you talking about sending it back for RMA or a refund if it has coil whine?

Well getting a other hybrid card, or swap for a airblown card. If thats not a problem. 

So i dont think im going to ask for a refund. But i would still love to see a answer on that though. Not sure what laws and policies are applied, so im still curious. In my country you can return/refund any product bought from the internet/distance within 3 weeks, without giving up any reason.

Cant find the answer on the website either.
    post edited by luqa1337 - 2017/05/21 15:18:44
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Some questions 2017/05/22 01:42:58 (permalink)

Product Warranty Replacement:

• EVGA CORPORATION reserves the right to check the validity of your warranty and your request for warranty service upon receiving the product.
    • EVGA reserves the right to claim for shipping fees, hold your warranty as well as a service charge from you for any incomplete, damaged or modified product that is returned and requires repair or replacement, or when you are not entitled to any coverage under EVGA's warranty. Service charges are variable based upon the actual material and labor cost to replace missing or modified parts back to their original factory condition.
    • Products sent in for RMA will be repaired and returned or replaced with a thoroughly tested recertified product of equal or greater performance.
    • EVGA Warranty begins from the date that the product was originally shipped from the EVGA warehouse.
      • For the original owner of the product with a valid invoice that can be verified from an approved reseller the warranty begins from the date of purchase on the invoice.
    • All products returned from EVGA's RMA department are thoroughly tested recertified products. If an RMA is necessary within 30 days of the original purchase date, a new in box OEM replacement will be sent in return if the product was purchased new-in-box, subject to availability.
    • All recertified (B-Stock) purchases will receive a recertified product for replacement.
    • Replacements under EVGA's RMA Service will continue the original product's warranty based on the original warranty start date.

Refunds:

• EVGA only offers refunds on products purchased directly from EVGA.com within 30 days of purchase and are subject to a 15% restocking fee if opened.
      • For products not purchased at EVGA.com, refund claims must be processed through the original vendor's return policy.
    • EVGA does not cover shipping for returning the product for a refund.

That is what it shows for me on the US website. http://www.evga.com/support/warranty/graphics-cards/

Swapping the card for a different model, that is something you would have to take up with evga support support@evga.com

post edited by MSim - 2017/05/22 01:45:57

luqa1337
    Re: Some questions 2017/05/22 01:58:09 (permalink)
    Yeah i forgot to mention im in the EU.

Found this on the eu website though; EVGA only offers refunds on products purchased directly from EU.EVGA.com within 30 days of purchase and are subject to a 15% restocking fee.
    • For products not purchased at EVGA.com, all refund claims would need to be processed through the vendor that sold the product according to their return policy.
    So that would mean i would need to pay 15% of the price to return the product? Thats a bit ridiculous from a price of a graphics card.

Yeah you're right i can better ask the support. 
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Some questions 2017/05/23 02:19:24 (permalink)
    I would buy from Amazon (sold and shipped by Amazon). Amazon takes care of it's customers. If the product is defective, you don't have to pay a restocking fee.

Another option is to buy using a credit card that has buyer protection on it. 

luqa1337
    Re: Some questions 2017/05/23 07:38:26 (permalink)
    Ok cool, thanks for letting me know. 

Well i contacted the support, and they gave a me a link with store terms. https://eu.evga.com/storeterms.asp

And so therefor i got all my questions answerd, and they all same fair. So im mostly likely gonna buy directly from EVGA. 
    But im definitly going to check Amazon out. T

Thanks for the help 

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile