EVGA

EVGA PSU Sleeved Cables vs. Cablemod (or other?)

Author
jcbullen
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 142
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/05/15 13:33:59 (permalink)
I want to buy a full set of white sleeved cables for my G3 850 watt.  The EVGA set is the easiest to track down, and isn't too terrible on price ($90).  Does anybody have experience with these vs. Cablemod cables, or other vendors?  I'm not too picky, so I think I'd be perfectly happy with the EVGA ones.  I have read that the gauge might be a little different, or varied, for the EVGA cables which makes getting combs that fit well more difficult.  The main sticky about these cables has a few people asking about good combs for them, but no answers.  Does anybody have a link to some combs that work well with these cables?

If I were to purchase the Cablemod ones, is my only option to configure a custom order and add each cable that I want?  I tried finding a full set of white, ModMesh cables at their vendors and it doesn't seem like it is available anywhere.  Getting individual cables seems to be quite a bit more expensive than finding a full kit of them.  

6 Replies Related Threads

Tech_RayH
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 834
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: EVGA PSU Sleeved Cables vs. Cablemod (or other?) 2017/05/15 13:55:35 (permalink)
    We do recommend the EVGA ones, not just because we build them, but we have seen issues with third party cables not wired correctly and causing damage. The EVGA ones are the only ones that we guarantee will work

...an untrammeled flow of words in an open forum.
    - Adlai E. Stevenson

jcbullen
    Superclocked Member
    Re: EVGA PSU Sleeved Cables vs. Cablemod (or other?) 2017/05/15 14:48:21 (permalink)
    EVGATech_RayH
    We do recommend the EVGA ones, not just because we build them, but we have seen issues with third party cables not wired correctly and causing damage. The EVGA ones are the only ones that we guarantee will work

Do you sell cable combs that go along with them, or can you recommend a compatible product that will work with the width of the braided cables?
    diatribe
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 130
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: EVGA PSU Sleeved Cables vs. Cablemod (or other?) 2017/05/15 15:05:16 (permalink)
    What material does EVGA make their cables out of?  I would like to buy some but I'm not a fan of Paracord.

Use My Associates Code and SAVE 5% - 10% on your next EVGA purchase. 
     100% of EVGA Bucks will be used toward Folding@Home
    jcbullen
    Superclocked Member
    Re: EVGA PSU Sleeved Cables vs. Cablemod (or other?) 2017/05/15 16:29:20 (permalink)
    diatribe
    What material does EVGA make their cables out of?  I would like to buy some but I'm not a fan of Paracord.

It isn't paracord, I believe it is nylon.
    jmike00
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 162
    Re: EVGA PSU Sleeved Cables vs. Cablemod (or other?) 2017/05/28 02:24:43 (permalink)
    EVGATech_RayH

I've never had a problem with this but I'm sure it does happen. I will say that the 3 sets of custom cables I've owned were meticulously inspected and compared side by side to the stock cables by me to ensure the pin locations matched. I even think I'd do that with official cables from the manufacturer.
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14686
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: EVGA PSU Sleeved Cables vs. Cablemod (or other?) 2017/05/28 09:10:50 (permalink)
    I have the white evga cable set for my evga Supernova 750W P2. the wire sleeves is nylon. My only complaint is the 4-pin molex power cable is a bit short, wish they made it 6-8 inch's longer to make it easier to reach 5.25 bay and be able to plug stuff in before you install it.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile