EVGA

Not sure if I am eligible to get a replacement card

Author
SH4LT1S
  • Total Posts : 24
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/05/11 08:58:21 (permalink)
My 1070 FTW fried (?*). My card worked just fine for almost a year now, I got it around 08/2016.
The problem is that my friend purchased card for me in USA and I live in Europe. It was around 1500eur (yes 1500) at launch in my home country, later it dropped to 600 (now it stays at relatively "low" price of 500eur) so 460 dollars was a great deal to me. I have only a picture of real invoice (picture of paper version, which comes in shipment) because they ordered it, not me. Ofcourse that means that invoice is under my friends name. Also I entered purchased date 5 days earlier than real one. (Yes, my life can be put in a giant unlucky Brian meme)
So now I am between despair and hope. 

* My system refused to post, after inserting friends MSI 960 it worked fine. My card smells like burned electronics, I dont really want to "open" it. It shows no signs of life in other systems.

1 Reply Related Threads

EVGATech_JaesonW
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 910
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: Not sure if I am eligible to get a replacement card 2017/05/11 09:14:38 (permalink)
    Hello SH4LT1S and welcome to the forums!

I'm sorry to hear your card failed like that. If the card was purchased on 08/2016 and the part number ends in a -KR you're definitely under warranty. The simplest way for you to proceed would be to use our Guest RMA service - https://eu.evga.com/support/guestregister.asp . It doesn't require an invoice, and it goes off the date we shipped the product from our warehouse for warranty length so the purchase date won't matter. Let us know directly if you have any problems or need further assistance! 

EVGA Customer Service Manager
    Have a moment? Please rate our service 
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile