MB fan profiles

Author
quadlatte
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7191
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 56
2017/05/10 03:03:54 (permalink)
searched around and can not find a good answer on this, the MB pwm fan headers on the evga boards, does the fan profile ramp up like some other controllers and MB do or are they just a step type. Meaning, if i set the four points do the fan run at a steady set speed until the next point is reached then go directly to that point or is more like a curve, i.e the curve is more dynamic. i mainly want to use the two cpu headers and dont really mind if i cant control them from within windows ( evga really needs a good MB software utility like some other boards have...just sayin )   

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=72498

12 Replies Related Threads

quadlatte
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: MB fan profiles 2017/05/11 02:55:30 (permalink)
    does no one know?

Cordorb
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 635
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: MB fan profiles 2017/05/12 00:48:26 (permalink)
    odd that we don't know -- but would bet it just jump up to the next level.
     I had the EVGA water cooler on CPU2 at one time but the pump noise was very low so could not hear any speed change. (using software and the case fan header now)

I think using a volt meter and not a fan may find  the information faster if someone wants to test this out.
    (Using one of the CPU headers) ?

quadlatte
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: MB fan profiles 2017/05/12 01:02:31 (permalink)
    Only issue i see in that is it being pwm, think ill just hook them up and find out.

quadlatte
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: MB fan profiles 2017/05/13 15:47:02 (permalink)
    so after switching to these it does keep my fans from surging so much like they were doing on the corsair headers, think it has to do with the buffer that is built into the profile, which corsair does not have. still wish there was a evga desktop app that allowed for adjustments to the onboard headers though.

MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14686
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: MB fan profiles 2017/05/14 02:36:15 (permalink)
    quadlatte
    so after switching to these it does keep my fans from surging so much like they were doing on the corsair headers, think it has to do with the buffer that is built into the profile, which corsair does not have. still wish there was a evga desktop app that allowed for adjustments to the onboard headers though.

I'm surprised evga hasn't made software like that. I know ASUS, GIGABYTE and MSI have it. When selecting a new motherboard, people need to take the time and compare features (hardware and software) each motherboard comes with before making a final choice.

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102291
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: MB fan profiles 2017/05/14 02:46:23 (permalink)
    quadlatte
    searched around and can not find a good answer on this, the MB pwm fan headers on the evga boards, does the fan profile ramp up like some other controllers and MB do or are they just a step type. Meaning, if i set the four points do the fan run at a steady set speed until the next point is reached then go directly to that point or is more like a curve, i.e the curve is more dynamic. i mainly want to use the two cpu headers and dont really mind if i cant control them from within windows ( evga really needs a good MB software utility like some other boards have...just sayin )   

I am not sure so I have referred this thread to EVGA

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

quadlatte
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: MB fan profiles 2017/05/14 05:00:52 (permalink)
    rjohnson11
    quadlatte

I am not sure so I have referred this thread to EVGA

thanks. it would be nice for some clarification from them,  

quadlatte
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: MB fan profiles 2017/05/14 05:03:42 (permalink)
    MSim
    quadlatte

I'm surprised evga hasn't made software like that. I know ASUS, GIGABYTE and MSI have it. When selecting a new motherboard, people need to take the time and compare features (hardware and software) each motherboard comes with before making a final choice.

exactly, and they have for quite some time now. with evga setting its self as the enthusiast brand i am really shocked they dont have better software suite for their products yet. that should have been built into eleet from the start, but then again eleet does not work so.... 

EVGATech_JaesonW
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 910
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: MB fan profiles 2017/05/15 07:07:33 (permalink)
    Hi everyone, 

I can confirm that the PWM control via BIOS on the z270 boards are stepped, and not a curve. 

EVGA Customer Service Manager
    Have a moment? Please rate our service 
    quadlatte
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: MB fan profiles 2017/05/15 08:06:32 (permalink)
    EVGATech_JaesonW
    Hi everyone, 

I can confirm that the PWM control via BIOS on the z270 boards are stepped, and not a curve. 

thanks. kinda figured that was the case.

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30996
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: MB fan profiles 2017/05/15 08:18:44 (permalink)
    Thanks for asking the question and getting clarity for everyone

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

quadlatte
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: MB fan profiles 2017/05/16 06:30:47 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    Thanks for asking the question and getting clarity for everyone

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile