EVGA

question regarding a hybrid kit rma

Author
ricchi_
  • Total Posts : 64
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/04/23 09:09:27 (permalink)
So i got one of the 1080ti hybrid kits and seems like i got a really noise one, keeps buzzing fairly loudly, can hear it from the other side of the room. Im thinking of RMA but want to clear a few things first..
First question is, does a really noisy pump warrant an RMA?
Second question, can i request to only RMA the main unit, not including the baseplate and shroud as i have already painted part of the shroud (plasti dip)?
And finally, if the above are possible, can i request an RMA unit before sending in my current one if im willing to pay for it until they receive the faulty one back? 

Thanks.

3 Replies Related Threads

BioHazardSperm
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 9988
    • Ribbons : 26
    Re: question regarding a hybrid kit rma 2017/04/23 10:06:04 (permalink)
    you need to send the card back "as Sold"

https://www.evga.com/howtorma/

VOID Warranty Policy *

"Your EVGA product must be free of physical damage or modification. Products received with physical damage (bent CPU socket pins, any damage to the PCB, water damage, etc), missing the original video card or chipset heat sink, or missing the serial number sticker will be returned to the customer or may incur a service charge upon receiving the item. If your product is received damaged, EVGA will contact you with information and options to assist with filing a claim or offering a repair fee to avoid the product losing it's warranty."

https://www.evga.com/support/warranty/graphics-cards/

Product condition:

"This Limited Warranty is conditioned upon proper use of the Product by the Purchaser. This Limited Warranty does not cover:

• Graphics Cards that are modified by customer outside of factory specifications and/or not in factory condition.
    • Graphics Cards with modification to the serial number and/or factory identification labels whether removed, relocated, falsified, defaced, damaged, altered or made illegible.
    • Damages to PCB (Printed Circuit Board) whether cut, scratched, warped, cracked, dented or broken.
    • Any damages to the components, hardware and/or assembly of the graphics card including neglect, or unusual physical, electrical or electromechanical stress.
    • Any missing hardware, components and/or assemblies of the graphics card.
    • Cosmetic damages deemed outside of reasonable usage caused by deep scratches, cuts, cracks, dents, discoloration, neglect, dropping or mishandling the graphics card.
    • Graphics Cards that are exposed to liquid, liquid residue or excessive humid environments resulting in rust, moisture, dampness, stains, corrosion or liquid spills on components, hardware or electronics. Burns or component Flare-ups as a result of a liquid accident or spill.
    • Direct usage of paint, submersion of the graphic card in oil, use of adhesives or glues on any part of the graphics card, usage of solder to the PCB, electronics and/or component modification.
    • Exposure to cigarette tar residue, dampness, sand, dirt or excessive debris.
    • Graphics Cards that are rendered non-functional due an accident, collision with an object or tool, use of excessive force, neglect for care, exposure to fire or abnormal heat, flooding, dirt, windstorms, lightning, earthquakes, excessive weather conditions, theft, blown fuses, or improper use of any electrical source.
    • Defects or damage resulting from the use of a 3rd party product in conjunction or connection with accessories, products, software or secondary peripheral equipment not furnished for the usage with or approved for the Graphics Card by EVGA CORPORATION.
    • Defects or damages resulting from improper testing, operation, maintenance, installation, service, or adjustment not furnished or approved by EVGA CORPORATION.
    • The use of inadequate shipment packaging or use of inadequate packing material resulting in damages to the graphics card while in transit with your shipping courier.
    • Unauthorized changes to the BIOS or Firmware on graphics card that do not have a Multiple BIOS option may cause this warranty to be null and void."
    While this does not initially seem positive,you should call EVGA and discuss things in complete open details. 
    Once dipping/painting  a card you cross a line that cant be walked back.It will be up to EVGA ,but based on known RMA facts it would seem No.
    But PLEASE CALL and make 100% SURE.
    Phone: 1-888-881-EVGA (3842)
    Best of luck with your issue
    post edited by BioHazardSperm - 2017/04/23 10:07:19

I am  >>NOT< <   a  EVGA Forums Moderator or a EVGA.com  Employee.
    I am only a  "Game Server Admin"
    My posts and are my own and not EVGA's.

ricchi_
    • Total Posts : 64
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: question regarding a hybrid kit rma 2017/04/23 10:29:09 (permalink)
    I will try and give a call to EVGA EU. Good thing about plasti dip is it can be peeled off without any residue. Not to hide the fact that it was painted, but it makes no difference and if i can go with cross-ship RMA i can even sent the unopened shroud back to make sure it is in the best condition, as i said i only have a problem with the pump. Thanks for the advice. 
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14686
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: question regarding a hybrid kit rma 2017/04/24 22:59:03 (permalink)
    EVGA has charged people for missing screws bent bracket and damaged fan shroud in the past, they didn't void the product warranty out right.   

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile