EVGA

Need some help with a 850 BQ Power supply

Author
Werewolfhero
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/04/22 12:58:16 (permalink)
Recently installed a EVGA BQ 850 power supply in a friend's system to replace a failed power supply he previously had (was the same wattage but from corsair), but while the power supply seems to be working as in the main hard drive (an SSD), his video card, ram, motherboard as well as the fans for his liquid pump all all working and all, but i've been unable to get the spare hard drives and fans on his case to work with this new power supply. I've tried plugging the case fans into the perif sockets via both the original modular cable and when that failed to work tried the cable that was provided and still nothing. Same with the cable that connects to the spare hard drives. Both modular cables they were firmly in the sockets and the drives and fans were securely plugged into their respective ends but still no go. I know for a fact that the drives themselves work since they all worked with the old psu and tried them in other systems. Tried checking the Windows DiskMGR and Bios but they don't show up at all. So i'm kinda wondering what to try now?

Windows 10
Intel i7 6700K
ASRock Z270 Extreme 4
48GB Ram
Evga BQ 850 PSU
XFX RX 480 Video card

2 Replies Related Threads

Tech_RayH
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 834
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: Need some help with a 850 BQ Power supply 2017/04/22 13:20:53 (permalink)
    When you installed the EVGA unit, did you remove all the Corsair cables? If you plug the Corsair cables into the EVGA PSU it can fry the drives. The EVGA power supply is not wired the same as the Corsair unit and the EVGA will either not allow itself to power on, or it will power on the devices connected and they will burn out. Only use the EVGA cables with the EVGA unit.
    post edited by EVGATech_RayH - 2017/04/22 13:25:01

...an untrammeled flow of words in an open forum.
    - Adlai E. Stevenson

Werewolfhero
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Need some help with a 850 BQ Power supply 2017/04/22 16:55:45 (permalink)
    Yes, only tried the old corsair cables for the spare HD's when the included ones with the new psu didn't work for the spare drives/case fans.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile