EVGA

LockedReally EVGA? Created your own loophole to get out of step up responsibilities to customers

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
toastysoul
  • Total Posts : 28
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Really EVGA? Created your own loophole to get out of step up responsibilities to custo 2017/03/31 15:40:09 (permalink)
RichardCranium78you guys seem to know alot about computers...but nothing about business.

Personally, I do know a lot about computers, and something about business. I also know when I see someone who thinks they can talk their way around a policy to save a buck. It's usually the same kind of person who would go outside of the normal sales channel to save $10, then complain when their product isn't supported. Good Luck.

EVGA isn't a perfect company, and the entire protect your retail channel partners profits at the expense of the customer is detestable, and really irritating to deal with. That said, the 1080 isn't a bad card at all, and you should honestly stop complaining. Hardware is outclassed in months. Eventually the 1180 or whatever will come out and then what? Just sell your card and buy something else if you aren't happy. 

RichardCranium78
  • Total Posts : 20
Re: Really EVGA? Created your own loophole to get out of step up responsibilities to custo 2017/03/31 22:05:03 (permalink)
really i can't tell someone that they are being condescending? are you serious? you feel better now. enjoy ur condescending lil community. I'm simply goin to send anything I have thats evga and take my business elsewhere simple as that. AND yea I should totally sell a card I paid 650 for, for alot less after using it 4 weeks. And then pay to sell it on ebay as well, start a whole account, and lose money to step up a card, so I'm supposed to take this hit and the multi million dollar company can't see that I'm not being shady, and just honor THEIR program, I just registered it. IT's MY card that paid for it...No wonder companies today walk all over their customers, jesus. I hope all of you with your pretentious comments and self righteousness get to experience getting shafted by a technicality, cause you want to spend money. Must be doing pretty good if you can treat customers like that. come on mr editor clean up my clean post i wasnt even cursing. my beef is with EVGA only evga staff need to respond.
post edited by Sajin - 2017/03/31 23:44:40
RichardCranium78
Re: Really EVGA? Created your own loophole to get out of step up responsibilities to custo 2017/03/31 22:07:51 (permalink)
tasty soul, u feel important now, got your two cents in there, i spent 650 on a graphics card. i did not even know about the step up program, this is why you dont butt your nose into other peoples conversations, with out knowing the facts. i spent 2800 on this pc, so seriously take ur 10 rebate and spend it on some sense. ive never even sent in a rebate smart guy, really u know business...? do ya now. how does it cost 10 to avoid having to buy a 700 graphics card when i just bought one lol...learn basic math and proof read chuckle head...You geniuses realize that your pushing away CUSTOMERS lol 

post edited by RichardCranium78 - 2017/03/31 22:10:35
RichardCranium78
Re: Really EVGA? Created your own loophole to get out of step up responsibilities to custo 2017/03/31 22:16:08 (permalink)
This is why this is only my 3rd forum cause you guys act all snobby then say u can't curse, or you can't do this, as u come out the side of your face with unwanted opinions about...not your money, yet your all here in the STEP up program thread trying to save moeny from having to buy a new card when u just bough one a few weeks ago. yea twisty toast u got it. i must be the kinda guy...cause you know all about me form reading a few posts lmao go head pipe up something else i want you to feel included
justin_43
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3326
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: Really EVGA? Created your own loophole to get out of step up responsibilities to custo 2017/04/01 08:33:11 (permalink)
Just to let you know you aren't going to get a steady 60FPS at 4k with any single GPU at this point, even a 1080ti. If you want the best experience playing at 4k based on your situation I would look into buying another 1080 for SLI. Yes it's more expensive to buy another card than if you had just bought a a single 1080ti but you will get better performance in most games.

ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC • Intel Core i7 12700K • MSI Z690 Edge WiFi • 32GB G.Skill Trident Z • EVGA 1600T2 PSU
3x 2TB Samsung 980 Pros in RAID 0 • 250GB Samsung 980 Pro • 2x WD 2TB Blacks in RAID 0 • Lian-Li PC-D600WB
EK Quantum Velocity • EK Quantum Vector² • EK Quantum Kinetic TBE 200 D5 • 2x Alphacool 420mm Rads
LG CX 48" • 2x Wasabi Mango UHD430s 43" • HP LP3065 30" • Ducky Shine 7 Blackout • Logitech MX Master
Sennheiser HD660S w/ XLR • Creative SB X-Fi Titanium HD • Drop + THX AAA 789 • DarkVoice 336SE OTL
oRuzTee
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: Really EVGA? Created your own loophole to get out of step up responsibilities to custo 2017/04/01 09:53:58 (permalink)
Did you come here for actual help?  Or just to insult everyone that replies to you?  I know you're frustrated, that's understandable, but nobody here is trying to screw you out of your money.  Companies have policies in place with guidelines that they try and be transparent about.  Unfortunately you fell outside of the guidelines and are now trying to point fingers and everyone else.  They've given you an option, and instead of taking that option and seeing what happens, you just continue to insult others.  Your current graphics card is still one of the best available.  If you decide to upgrade, you can still sell it for a good amount and then purchase any card you want.
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18926
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: Really EVGA? Created your own loophole to get out of step up responsibilities to custo 2017/04/01 12:54:37 (permalink)

LOL at this thread.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

RichardCranium78
Re: Really EVGA? Created your own loophole to get out of step up responsibilities to custo 2017/04/02 05:46:26 (permalink)
1st of all, I'm not being anything to anyone, except for EVGA. When I put up my post all of the EVGA fan boys come out the wood work to tell me how this is all my fault. That's laughable...I did not go out of my way to reply to a post, that wasn't directed at them, to show their undying support for their EVGA. Now this is my very 1st gaming pc...I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW about the step up program, so HOW could I possible have any Idea about authorized dealers...AS A NOOB I thought I was being smart by getting someone to HELP ME(a professional) order my parts, to make sure I had component cohesion.

But apparently I'm supposed to take a damn test to buy pc parts...it's funny cause I called EVGA to learn about the step up program, and ASK if I qualify... WHICH I was then told yes, by the uninformed service rep that I had the bad luck getting. Once I called EVGA and ASKED THEM, my responisibility ended there. If she woulda said NO to me then I'd have gone on about my day. But she said yes, even after I explained my situation, and that I had no clue what I was doin, and someone told me I should just upgrade. And wanted to know IF I could in fact, upgrade my card. It's not my job to ask a bunch of people and then go by the moat popular result. I ASKED EVGA.

The fact that their service rep didn't have a clue, about how to do her job, is not my problem. I wanted to keep my loyalty with EVGA, even planned on waiting to upgrade my monitor, so I could keep my 1080 SC. But now, since your components are apparently much better than your customer service, I'll do my due dilligence and find a company that doesn't use stupid technicalities to get over on their customers. And it becomes a stupid technicality, when I'm told yes by one rep, but no by another, because of this reason I did not know about. And should have been the answer when I 1st called. So after I was told yes by EVGA, I planned my next 2 weeks around switching out my card. When I got the money I automatically went an bought the extended warranty, then called EVGA to find out about uploading the invoice. That's when I got the information I should gotten 2 weeks ago. Which would have avoided this whole nitemare
burt666666
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 176
Re: Really EVGA? Created your own loophole to get out of step up responsibilities to custo 2017/04/02 13:17:27 (permalink)
Perhaps the first service rep was unaware that your comp was built by someone else ?

Affiliate Code-UU3JSOTUNY

Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 31001
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: Really EVGA? Created your own loophole to get out of step up responsibilities to custo 2017/04/03 09:33:07 (permalink)
This may help others who have questions about what the OP is concerned with:

FAQ  58652

When do I need to provide my receipt or invoice? Also, how do I upload a copy of my purchase invoice or receipt for RMA, EAR, and Step-Up?

EVGA Step-Up® - Upgrade program       
(follow the link to read all terms, the ones most pertinent to the OP concerns are listed below)

What products qualify for the Step-Up program?
You can unlock the Step-Up option for any Limited Lifetime Warranty or most 3 Year Warranty products as long as it meets the conditions listed below. Once the Step-Up option is unlocked, you will have 90 days from the original purchase date for your product to start the upgrade process through the EVGA website. Once the Step-up process is started you will receive a confirmation email.

How does the EVGA Step-Up process work?

Stepping through the Step-Up
  1. Register your valid product within 90 days from your original purchase
    1. If your qualifying product has a 3 year warranty purchased on or after 3/1/2013 and registered within 14 days of the invoice date by the original owner from an authorized reseller, then you will receive the option to step-up for the first 90 days of ownership.
    2. If your qualifying product has a 3 year warranty purchased on or after 1/1/11 and registered after 14 days of the original purchase date you must also purchase an extended warranty in order to be qualified for the step-up program.
  2. Upload a copy of your invoice

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I Step-Up if I'm not the original owner?
No - Step-Up is available only to the original owner with a verified authorized invoice.

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

RichardCranium78
Re: Really EVGA? Created your own loophole to get out of step up responsibilities to custo 2017/04/03 19:53:00 (permalink)
@burt666666 As I already stated, I explained everything to the rep i was speaking to, hence why when i registered my card with her help, it was in my card registry that the card was bought at battlegrounds. you know i'm really getting sick of everyone jumpin to the defense of evga like im a complete moron. AND IT MUST BE MY FAULT... some how, some way because evga can NEVER make a mistake. So Evga is right, all the time, no matter what, forever and ever. Right like how this woulda never even been an issue had my questions been answered right in the 1st place. i would have never gotten the extended warranty, which i called back, as soon as i was told i couldnt do step up, to get a refund, that still hasn't gotten back to me yet.

I would have just started saving up to get the monitor to sync with my gtx gpu. But when i was told i should step up. i already planned on getting another card for my SLI, i thought it would help alot to have 11gb GDDR5 than an 8gb GDDR5 in SLI, and I can get my 4k monitor to run on a Free_Sync monitor(which is for AMD gpu's, not gtx)from 40-60 fps with almost all settings on ultra. i can get 60 just not consistantly. So for streaming and stuff the 1080 ti would very well suit my purpose and benefit me. I'm using around 5-6k Mb VRAM out of 8133. If that was 11gb instead i could use 8gb, it would be perfect and then i would probably keep more consistant 60 fps on 4k and if not then really really close to it. That I could deal with...I just find myself LOVING the detail on the games I been playing on console for years now, look so beautiful in 4k. they almost look like a movie the detail is insane...I would figure that a business would make an exception for someone that invested that much in a product and isn't trying to be malicious in their exchange they just didnt know.

But customer service is very big for me, and I'd rather pay more and have great customer service than pay less and get treated like crap. I personally feel wronged. I'm not disputing that the place i got my computer from is where i got it from. but i called for that information on eligibility, not MY store, EVGA! And still got told the wrong info, and still being held accountable for their mistake. That's not good business...and warning me and banning me aint gonna stop me from telling ppl what happened. you wanna make something up to ban me...you don't need to go thru all that...i'm more than obliged to give your a reason. Hey I WILL need another card in SLI, and i guess EVGA doesnt want it to me an evga card...thats just fine by me. So I should really have to take a loss by selling a card on ebay, that i got 3 weeks ago(when this started) when this is the exact reason they created the step up program...If i wasn't a noob and knew about PC's, and then even got wrong info when i called to request information, then i would have known about the buying policies. It's funny We are always a companies best friend when they want us to spend my money there. But once we do and we have a problem, it's like screaming in space....NoOne will hear you... LOL. 

Well I will just straight up return it now, and buy 2 from somewhere else. What's really funny, and ironic, is that i bought from the place I did (un-authorized reseller) because I am totally new to pc, and After all the website research i did, the horror stories i was reading about months going by as people who bought custom rigs from some of those "authorized dealers" just trying to get it to work like a new pc, i wasn't about to spend 2400 on a custom pc and take the chance of that happening. Are you kidding me? And I don't wipe with hundreds, to be experimenting on a pc that expensive. Well I'll take my money where it's actually appreciated. If it's considered that I'm not the "owner" of MY CARD then how could i register another owner's card. And then get an extended warranty for another person's card. That's ok I'm used to getting the crappy end of the stick. All that should matter, is if the CREDIT CARD THAT PAID FOR IT...IS THE SAME ONE BEING USED for the step up.

I'm the owner as far as taking my money, but not as far as honoring the program's you supposedly offer your customer's to keep them coming back...so long, I guess being "right" is more important than keepin a customer. Also I never said the i was right and the policy was wrong. I was saying that what happened in my situation, a one time exception to keep my business, would be the prudent thing to do for a company that values its customers. And not just values us, as they blow smoke up our %#$, tell us what we wanna hear till they make that sale. I was also saying it's seriously DUMB to sell to a "distributor" if everyone they distribute to isn't then an authorized dealer. what else does a distributor do, but distribute to other stores, for ppl like me to buy from. You get to tell me who and where I BUY my parts from, I get to jump thru hoops, to spend crazy money, and then you go and realease better cards...weeks after you gouge us for the ones we buy. obviously evga made the step up program because it was thought it was needed. to keep customers happy and coming back...guess not
quadlatte
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7191
  • Ribbons : 56
Re: Really EVGA? Created your own loophole to get out of step up responsibilities to custo 2017/04/03 20:16:29 (permalink)
I think the biggest for evga is if they bend the policy for you then what do they tell the next person? And the one after that etc.....yes it sucks, and im sure many at evga would like to help but rules are rules.

P.S.
The policies have bit me in the butt a few times

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=72498
RichardCranium78
Re: Really EVGA? Created your own loophole to get out of step up responsibilities to custo 2017/04/03 20:20:23 (permalink)
I think instead of everyone telling me what I did wrong, they should actually read what i post, instead of just trying to rush to evga's defense. I already know NOW...EVGA isn't gonna hand out medals for all the fanboys that blindly throw themselves in front of a proverbial bus for them. I'll say this one more time...pay attention,  it can save us all alot of time. I AM A PC NOOB! This was my 1st PC. I did alot of research on different custom PC websites. I seen alot of horror stories. People buying these custom rigs, and sometimes up to a year later they were still trying to get their new PC. I don't have it like that, to go thru all that. And I wasn't about to play experiment on this rig that cost me so much.

So I went to a local computer shop. I had the parts I wanted. I went down to talk to the guy, to make sure it all would work together. And figured instead of having them ship the PC to my house, and risk something happening before its get built. Ship it there and save me some time. Got my PC, haven't played my ps4 since I got it. Was asking about fps, when someone said I should Step-up...I THEN CALLED EVGA TO INQUIRE about the step up, AND IF I WAS ELIGIBLE. I explained my whole situation, where I bought my card, where it was sent. She then Told me I WAS ELIGIBLE, She even told me that I missed the 14 day window, to but the warranty, and i would need an extended warranty and the invoice.

I just spent 3200, so i didn't have it right then. I then ASKED if it was ok, if i waited till the next week to get the extended warranty, when i had the money, bring my PC down to the shop have them take out the card and send it in, then send me back the step up card. YES, she said THAT was just fine. I didn't think about it again, but planned around getting my card taken out while my rig was down for that time. then i call and get warranty bought, and ask about the invoice upload instructions, when im then told i cant do the step up all the sudden, after i just got the extended warranty for no reason. so i call them and have them cancel the the warranty. he said it was cancelled before they posted the charge. and still they took the money out...and now i gott a wait how long for MY money back...

RichardCranium78
Re: Really EVGA? Created your own loophole to get out of step up responsibilities to custo 2017/04/03 20:22:49 (permalink)
There are always exceptions, and when your given bad information, by the company itself, and their untrained service reps, that falls under not my responsibility. it's evga's responsibility to make sure their reps are giving the proper information out, not mine. i held up my end by callin and askin for the right answer in the 1st place

RichardCranium78
Re: Really EVGA? Created your own loophole to get out of step up responsibilities to custo 2017/04/03 20:30:27 (permalink)
In retorspect maybe she just wanted to get me to buy the warranty...I have no clue...But aren't their conversations Recorded and monitored, for training or quality assurance purposes...Then it should be there where this english lady tells me the complete wrong information, and then we can figure out how it's right that i'm held accountable for that some how. It's fine I'll eat the card, apparently evga needs the money more than I do, NOW I WILL I will go out of my way to get rid of it, even if I take a loss just to get rid of it and take my business elsewhere
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49168
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: Really EVGA? Created your own loophole to get out of step up responsibilities to custo 2017/04/03 21:53:48 (permalink)
@RichardCranium78

Read post #7.

This thread is closed.
post edited by Sajin - 2017/04/03 21:56:59
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile