Author
ILikeBeans
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3429
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 6
2017/02/09 14:38:15 (permalink)

post edited by ILikeBeans - 2020/06/04 01:18:46

W7 Pro 64, MSI X99A Godlike , I7-6850K, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti, G.Skill DDR4 3200MHz 32GB, Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2 and 850 EVO 1TB SATA, WD Velociraptor 1TB, Corsair AX1200W, Acer Predator X34 and Oculus.

101 Replies Related Threads

Dukman
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1478
    Re: Project Cars 2 2017/02/10 06:40:33 (permalink)
    I got a text bomb from my online racing buddy about this.   I have yet to play the first one properly.    

If I had a wish list to make, it would be that they took a page from Gran Turismo and Forza and allowed you to build a car as you progress.  

Heatware

ILikeBeans
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Project Cars 2 2017/02/10 13:32:40 (permalink)
    Dukman
    I got a text bomb from my online racing buddy about this.   I have yet to play the first one properly.    

If I had a wish list to make, it would be that they took a page from Gran Turismo and Forza and allowed you to build a car as you progress.  

Your wish is granted by owning all three games. I prefer the game mechanics of Project Cars myself. Being able to drive any car I want from the start, and then have a career mode for SP, as well as their effort to replicate the real car in every way as a sim.

W7 Pro 64, MSI X99A Godlike , I7-6850K, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti, G.Skill DDR4 3200MHz 32GB, Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2 and 850 EVO 1TB SATA, WD Velociraptor 1TB, Corsair AX1200W, Acer Predator X34 and Oculus.
    bdary
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10337
    • Ribbons : 116
    Re: Project Cars 2 2017/02/10 14:32:59 (permalink)
    ILikeBeans
    Dukman

Your wish is granted by owning all three games. I prefer the game mechanics of Project Cars myself. Being able to drive any car I want from the start, and then have a career mode for SP, as well as their effort to replicate the real car in every way as a sim.

Would you recommend the 1st Project Cars game for single player use?  I've been looking for a race game recently, but not sure which.

notfordman
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10345
    • Ribbons : 28
    Re: Project Cars 2 2017/02/10 15:03:56 (permalink)
    I would bdary, it is a SIM though. Lots of setting you can change and mess up.....I mean tweak. LOL I think it is a lot of fun. I definitely got my monies worth. I am still trying to figure out why they keep sending me money to my PPal account. I know it was part of being part of the kickstarter, but...  To get full enjoyment out of it I would recommend a wheel.  Also the graphic and weather effects are really good IMO. 
    post edited by notfordman - 2017/02/10 15:12:50
    bdary
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Project Cars 2 2017/02/10 15:07:04 (permalink)
    notfordman
    I would bdary, it is a SIM though. Lots of setting you can change and mess up.....I mean tweak. LOL I think it is a lot of fun. I definitely got my monies worth. I am still trying to figure out why they keep sending me money to my PPal account. I know it was part of being part of the kickstarter, but...  To get full enjoyment out of it I would recommend a wheel.  

Thanks for the recommendation...  I have a few of the older Need for Speed games, but looking for something new now.

notfordman
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Project Cars 2 2017/02/10 15:14:26 (permalink)
    And thank you Beans for posting the info, I appreciate it! 
    bdary
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Project Cars 2 2017/02/10 15:20:15 (permalink)
    That will give me several months of playing the first one before this new one comes out...

Dukman
    FTW Member
    Re: Project Cars 2 2017/02/10 16:35:23 (permalink)
    ILikeBeans
    Dukman

I totally get why the more serious sims don't use the "build it" recipe.  All the changes make it too hard to get the physics right.  Which is why, like you said, I own all three franchises.  

In fact, right now I'm considering ordering a new wheel from Fanatec.   While my old Turbo S works perfectly, it won't let me play on the Xbone.   As for Sony and GT7?  I think that's a write off unless Fanatec can work something out with them.  And I won't waste my money on the lackluster stuff made by Thrustmaster or Logitech.  

Heatware

ILikeBeans
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Project Cars 2 2017/02/10 18:22:31 (permalink)
    If you liked the 1st one at all you will like the 2nd IMO.

Notfordman, I'm sorry, but there are even more Ford's in the next one :D We get paid for the 1st one for the first two years based on the profit of sales and we are paid in installments accordingly. I paid more to be part of the 2nd one and we get nothing this time Nah, I enjoy being part of it though. I'm trying to be a little more involved this time.

bdary, like said it's more on the sim side, but there are a lot of settings for aid and AI level of aggressiveness They can be more aggressive on some tracks then others. If you get the game, I would recommend saving a copy of the save game file as it is only one file and if it isn't saved correctly and has been corrupted (which has happened, like maybe a crash from your own pc's OC for example) you will loss your entire career which can be quit extensive. I make it a habit to save a copy each time I progress to my DT as a safe measure now even though my new PC doesn't have the problems my old one had. The way the game is saved isn't ideal, but this is a workaround.

Dukman, I went from a Logi G25, to a Fanatec CS V1 and pedals, to a CS V2. IDK if that is the one you are considering, but it is a great wheel for the price even though it isn't cheap. The upgrade from V1 is fairly substantial, much smoother. It's on sale right now I think. https://www.fanatec.com/us-en/wheel-bases/clubsport-wheel-base-v2-us.html

Dukman
    FTW Member
    Re: Project Cars 2 2017/02/10 20:24:57 (permalink)
    ILikeBeans

Dukman, I went from a Logi G25, to a Fanatec CS V1 and pedals, to a CS V2. IDK if that is the one you are considering, but it is a great wheel for the price even though it isn't cheap. The upgrade from V1 is fairly substantial, much smoother. It's on sale right now I think. https://www.fanatec.com/us-en/wheel-bases/clubsport-wheel-base-v2-us.html

I'm set pedal wise.  I have a set of CSP V1's.   Yeah, the V3's would be nice, but my current set still works really well and they are fully compatible with the newer wheel bases.    I would love to get the CS V2, but by the time I add the universal hub and the CS shifter, Im looking at 1000.00   So as an affordable compromise, Im probably going to get the CSL.  

If it wasn't the desire for XBone compatibility, I would just stick with my PWTS.  

And you are correct.  It's been rumored that Fanatec is getting ready to announce a direct drive wheel, so they knocked the price on the CS v2 down 100.00.  

Edit:  If I go with the CSL wheel, I can get get the price down under 800.00.  But the CS v2 is showing as pre-order now.  

Heatware

ILikeBeans
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Project Cars 2 2017/02/10 21:32:06 (permalink)
    Yah, it looks like 3-1-17. I can't recommend which one to buy, your budget is more important I think, but when it comes to waiting, I found that I usually don't regret waiting vs. buying more on the implosive side.

A direct drive by Fanatec would be intriguing, wonder what the price would come in at? I'm not in the position for any more upgrades for a while though.

notfordman
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Project Cars 2 2017/02/10 22:03:28 (permalink)
    To add ,Mr. Beans here is the go to guy about PCars in general and SIM racing. Very knowledgeable about the game and community.  
    notfordman
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Project Cars 2 2017/02/10 22:07:36 (permalink)
    ILikeBeans

Notfordman, I'm sorry, but there are even more Ford's in the next one :D We get paid for the 1st one for the first two years based on the profit of sales and we are paid in installments accordingly. I paid more to be part of the 2nd one and we get nothing this time Nah, I enjoy being part of it though. I'm trying to be a little more involved this time.

bdary, like said it's more on the sim side, but there are a lot of settings for aid and AI level of aggressiveness They can be more aggressive on some tracks then others. If you get the game, I would recommend saving a copy of the save game file as it is only one file and if it isn't saved correctly and has been corrupted (which has happened, like maybe a crash from your own pc's OC for example) you will loss your entire career which can be quit extensive. I make it a habit to save a copy each time I progress to my DT as a safe measure now even though my new PC doesn't have the problems my old one had. The way the game is saved isn't ideal, but this is a workaround.

Haha, I don't mind as long as it's not exclusive. I like most cars, but of course have a preference. I'm sure many are like that also. It was nice when they added the C7 Vette and the Caddy. 
    Dukman
    FTW Member
    Re: Project Cars 2 2017/02/10 22:29:50 (permalink)
    ILikeBeans
    Yah, it looks like 3-1-17. I can't recommend which one to buy, your budget is more important I think, but when it comes to waiting, I found that I usually don't regret waiting vs. buying more on the implosive side.

A direct drive by Fanatec would be intriguing, wonder what the price would come in at? I'm not in the position for any more upgrades for a while though.

I've been on this fence since last summer.  Back and forth between the two.  I just figured I would use a bit of my Christmas bonus and tax return to get off the fence and make a decision.  

Honestly, I'll more than likely end up with the CSL.  That way I can get the universal hub and the shifter and still keep the price down.  I'll buy my own steering wheel from eBay or something like that and save a couple bucks that way.

Heatware

ILikeBeans
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Project Cars 2 2017/02/11 12:21:52 (permalink)
    notfordman
    To add ,Mr. Beans here is the go to guy about PCars in general and SIM racing. Very knowledgeable about the game and community.  

Notfordman you have given me way too much credit, LOL, but thanks man. I am pretty average as a sim racer. I've never been part of a league and I'm pretty much on the peon level with the project compared to a lot of real knowledgeable guys contributing massively. It's just been a learning experience for me and I like helping here and there. I'm a bit of a racing fan and a car guy in general.

Here is a bit of an interview with Andy Tudor with some more info

This is a podcast with unbiased feedback from the guys at VVV (it's long) but some good info

I'll post more in this thread as time goes on and I'm allowed

ILikeBeans
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Project Cars 2 2017/02/11 16:57:51 (permalink)

notfordman
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Project Cars 2 2017/02/12 13:10:18 (permalink)
    I just mean, your full of.....knowledge about Pcars, and Sim racing in general. Just like the thread here, keeping us updated on upcoming goodies, and also you have helped some with game/set-up issues. You are quite helpful. 
    bdary
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Project Cars 2 2017/02/13 07:52:22 (permalink)
    ILikeBeans

Thanks for the tip...  I did buy the game/sim and have about 6 hours in to it so far.  It's a lot of fun.  Thanks for the recommendation!

ILikeBeans
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Project Cars 2 2017/02/15 19:11:02 (permalink)
    bdary
    Thanks for the tip...  I did buy the game/sim and have about 6 hours in to it so far.  It's a lot of fun.  Thanks for the recommendation!

Nice! Here is were you can find that file: X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<yoursteamuserid>\234630\local\project cars\profiles\defualt.sav

I forgot to mention that all your car setups are saved in that file as well, which if your going to get into that and you probably will if your going for fast laps or playing the AI at 100%, and if you loose them all it may provoke you to say a curse word (you could send hours on setups). There is a work around though with this site http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/bycar

I use this site for storing car setups per track and even weather conditions. There is also a dampener calculator for some fine tuning once you have your ideal spring rate. People sometimes make there setups public as well. You can Alt/Tab to the desktop to go back and forth from the game to your saved setups on the site. I have found, for me, that there isn't a general setup per car for tracks that are even similar. Once I change one suspension setting, it affects others and the complication begins all over. It's always a compromise too, as a setup may work much better on one section of the track then another, but it's so cool when it's all working the way you want it and your putting in some sweet laps, with all your sweet skills 

bdary
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Project Cars 2 2017/02/16 07:36:12 (permalink)
    Thanks for the link and info...

ILikeBeans
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Project Cars 2 2017/03/12 15:58:19 (permalink)
    LiveTrack 3.0 brings a never-before-seen level of integration between the conditions, the racing surface, and vehicle physics...

---
    EXPLORE MCLAREN'S BRAND NEW 720S IN PROJECT CARS 2

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/

ILikeBeans
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Project Cars 2 2017/03/28 23:22:37 (permalink)
    GODZILLA IS COMING TO PROJECT CARS 2 WITH FOUR STOMPING NISSAN GT-R

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/newspc2/godzilla-is-coming-to-project-cars-2-with-four-stomping-nissan-gt-rs?lang=en

Opolis
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2778
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: Project Cars 2 2017/03/29 09:20:31 (permalink)
    I am really optimistic for pCars2, but they are promising a lot.  Worried that we will get a ton of half baked features instead of a few well thought out/properly implemented.
    pCars1 was a let down, after the initial beta testing euphoria wore off.

notfordman
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Project Cars 2 2017/03/29 10:41:41 (permalink)
    This is very cool. I am betting SMS has learned a few lessons from the first run. I am hoping it is a great success with a big player base. 
    ILikeBeans
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Project Cars 2 2017/04/05 23:44:54 (permalink)
    WHEN MIGHTY V12S ROAMED THE EARTH -- THE XJR-9 IS COMING FULLY-FANGED TO PROJECT CARS 2

More pics and history at link.
    post edited by ILikeBeans - 2017/04/06 20:00:54

Attached Image(s)

notfordman
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Project Cars 2 2017/04/06 15:57:07 (permalink)
    ^^ says video not available bud. 
    ILikeBeans
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Project Cars 2 2017/04/06 19:33:43 (permalink)
    notfordman
    ^^ says video not available bud. 

Not sure why they removed the vid, but if they post a new one I will post.
    Edit: Apparently the vid had production quality shortcomings and they took it down.
    post edited by ILikeBeans - 2017/04/10 01:30:34

ILikeBeans
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Project Cars 2 2017/04/10 01:36:39 (permalink)
    Andy talks about Project Cars 2 at the PC Gamer Weekender

ILikeBeans
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Project Cars 2 2017/04/11 07:04:17 (permalink)
    Rallycross Is Coming To Project CARS 2

post edited by ILikeBeans - 2017/04/11 07:16:36

Page: 1234 > Showing page 1 of 4
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile