EVGA

Disable on screen monitoring because it crushes every game on start up.

Author
mirmidon
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/03/25 01:53:00 (permalink)
Hello. I updated EVGA OC to version 6.1.2 and now every time I start a game the OSD is activated by default. I have it set to be displayed with a hotkey and set it off by default so I can display it when I want in the game but no matter if I have it disabled, every time I start any game the game crushes.

OS is Windows 7 Pro on an i72600K with a GTX1070, latest updates and drivers installed.

4 Replies Related Threads

MDeckerM
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1799
    • Ribbons : 8
    Re: Disable on screen monitoring because it crushes every game on start up. 2017/03/25 18:20:06 (permalink)
    Hello,

I am sorry to hear that. The first thing I would do is to uninstall any GPU overclocking utilities you have installed such as Precision X, msi afterburner, etc.

You may also want to delete the EVGA directory from your system located here: c:\Program Files (x_86)\EVGA

Secondly I would completely wipe the drivers with a program called DDU (display driver uninstaller) which you can download here:

http://www.guru3d.com/files-get/display-driver-uninstaller-download,20.html  

If you ever had an AMD card in your system I would also use the tool to wipe the AMD drivers as well.

After running the program and removing all your current display drivers re-install the most up to date graphics drivers (you can download them at geforce.com or evga.com)

Lastly I would make sure to whitelist EVGA Precision X or disable anti virus protection for the program if applicable.
    mirmidon
    Re: Disable on screen monitoring because it crushes every game on start up. 2017/03/25 23:26:36 (permalink)
    Hello,

Thank you for your response. I did as you proposed and what now has changed is that games crash when I disable the OSD via the shortcut key. So now : 
    1. PC Boots and EVGA Precision XOC 6.1.2 starts on startup
    2. The OSD is disabled by default as it is suposed to. It is configured to be active via a shortcut key "Toggle" as I use it for years now
    3. I start a game, any game. If interested i.e. no matter which game it is from EVE Online, Empyrion Galactic Survival. Farcry Primal, Battlefield 1, Connan Exiles, Diablo 3 are some examples.
    4. I press the "toggle" key to display the OSD in game. All works fine. Before when I first posted here, the game used to crash on start due to OSD was active even if I never had it configured that way (OSD was gray on the "MENU" uper left corner).
    5. After a while I press the toggle again and the game crashes. So now the crash happens when i try to disable OSD.

If it helps on both cases no overclock profile is enabled by default though I have stored one profile on slot 2
    MDeckerM
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1799
    • Ribbons : 8
    Re: Disable on screen monitoring because it crushes every game on start up. 2017/03/26 16:11:59 (permalink)
    Hello,

based on the description of your problem its possible your runtime libraries for DirectX may be the issue.

See the link below,

https://www.sevenforums.com/software/280483-how-reinstall-directx-11-repair-directx-11-a.html 
    mirmidon
    Re: Disable on screen monitoring because it crushes every game on start up. 2017/03/27 03:18:16 (permalink)
    Hello and thank you for your response. 

I did attempt to re-install DX11 but the installer ends with the message that it found the latest DX11 and no installaiton is required.

What I did was to uninstall EVGA PrecisionX OC v 6.1.2 and re-install EVGA PrecisionX OC v 6.0.5 and everything works perfectly fine as before. After that I removed v 6.0.5 again and this time I deleted the folder named "EVGA" under "Program filesx86" , and then I re-installed  v 6.1.2. The crashing problems are now gone but this time even though I have "STARTUP" enebled on the MENU and I restart my PC EVGA starts but crashes itself while windows starts. If I restart the PrecisionX OC it works fine for the whole windows session, as intended.

post edited by mirmidon - 2017/03/27 03:53:38
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile