EVGA

OCX Scanner not running/performing the way I think it should....Does it harm the card?

Author
Josh1138
  • Total Posts : 20
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/03/04 05:14:46 (permalink)
Quick question.  I installed the Precision X icx version last night (along with the OC-Scanner ICX, because I was curious about that) and I ran the "Benchmark" program (because I've never used it and I was really curious to know what it was all about)...But then I got really worried.   The test ran for over an hour and the *completion %" numbers were constantly going up and down (for example, 75, 72, 74, 78, 81, 79, 85, 81, 83, 87, 84 etc)....They were all over the place.  Is that normal?  Should it not just be a progression from 0 to 100% complete? Does that program harm the card in any way at all?  (Does using Windows Task Manager to stop the program harm the card?)   I don't think I ever want to use this program again...Based on how it read out, I am concerned that it will harm my card in the long run (and evga even has a disclaimer before loading it).   Correct me if I am wrong about this, but the OCX Scanner is simply for if you want to overclock your card (which I don't) so I don't really need it anyway...right?    The useful program for me out of the two is Precision X.

Should I be concerned for any reason about the numbers going up and down and it takin so long to complete?  After all this is brand new card that I've paid a lot of money for; I would hate to damage it in any way.   If anyone from EVGA reads this, I would very much be relieved to hear your answer as well, but at this point I welcome all help.

Please help.

3 Replies Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49167
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: OCX Scanner not running/performing the way I think it should....Does it harm the card? 2017/03/04 14:06:40 (permalink)
    No, the program won't harm the card. Ending the program via task manager won't hurt the card either.
    Josh1138
    • Total Posts : 20
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: OCX Scanner not running/performing the way I think it should....Does it harm the card? 2017/03/04 18:32:58 (permalink)
    Hello and good evening, Sajin.  My thanks to you for your quick and direct reply, and for relieving my fears regarding the OC Scanner software.  Please consider this thread closed and mark it as such at your convenience.

Regards.
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49167
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: OCX Scanner not running/performing the way I think it should....Does it harm the card? 2017/03/05 15:24:13 (permalink)
    No problem. 
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile