Moo! Wrapper

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 6
Author
Opolis
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2778
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: Moo! Wrapper 2017/01/26 10:25:26 (permalink)
My yoyo data shows up the same way.
I think that data is separate from Moo (RC5-72) and there is no way to add a Distributed.net ID from the yoyo site.

EDIT:
From what I understand on Curac's post:
-Moo Wrapper must be linked to distributed.net to get Vault points on RC5-72.
-Yoyo handles stats differently, so you can simply run Yoyo and automatically get points on the Vault for OGR without having to link anything.
post edited by Opolis - 2017/01/26 10:29:21

bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: Moo! Wrapper 2017/01/26 10:40:01 (permalink)
Opolis
I think that data is separate from Moo (RC5-72) and there is no way to add a Distributed.net ID from the yoyo site.

EDIT:
-Yoyo handles stats differently, so you can simply run Yoyo and automatically get points on the Vault for OGR without having to link anything.

It was linked with my ID of bcavnaugh and now to my email address and now I have two ID.
So if you had our Moo Wrapper Linked in the First Place this we do not need to change how we run or do we.
So under my email address I have lost all my Data and it I set it back to bcavnaugh I will never get a Password to long on.
So now I am at a lost. (bcavnaugh@moowrap.net's stats) This is where my data from Day One is stored under.
http://stats.distributed.net/participant/psummary.php?project_id=8&id=542668
1) What do we put in for our Distributed.net ID?

Moo! Wrapper preferences
Under Edit Moo! Wrapper preferences I do see this
Distributed.net ID
WARNING! This address can be included in public listings and can get harvested by spammers. Please, choose one where you can tolerate spam (but you should be able to receive mails).

Sorry Team I am Not Happy with any of this.
post edited by bcavnaugh - 2017/01/26 10:47:32

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

Opolis
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Moo! Wrapper 2017/01/26 10:45:34 (permalink)
I have two ID's on distributed.net
One generated by Yoyo for OGR. I left this alone since points should automatically show up in the Vault for yoyo OGR tasks.

Another ID from Moo Wrapper.
You have to enter an email address for Distributed.net ID in Moo preferences.
This is where the password will be sent.
The warning is that this email address is displayed as your user name on the distributed.net stats site (anyone searching the stats can see it)

After you get the PW, you can set it to no longer display this email address on the public stats.
If you change Distributed.net ID from bcavnaugh to an email (to get the login PW) I do not know if you can transfer points already earned from bcavnaugh@moowrap.net
post edited by Opolis - 2017/01/26 10:49:08

bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
Re: Moo! Wrapper 2017/01/26 10:49:47 (permalink)
Opolis
I have two ID's on distributed.net
One generated by Yoyo for OGR. I left this alone since points should automatically show up in the Vault.

Another ID from Moo Wrapper.
You have to enter an email address for Distributed.net ID in Moo preferences.
This is where the password will be sent.
The warning is that this email address is displayed as your user name on the distributed.net stats site (anyone searching the stats can see it)

After you get the PW, you can set it to no longer display this email address on the public stats.
If you change Distributed.net ID from bcavnaugh to an email (to get the login PW) I do not know if you can transfer points already earned.

I have three Yoyo for OGR and two for Moo Wrapper now. bcavnaugh and this new one tied to my email address.
So I will just dump all my points and start over and be done with it. It is only 14,170,470 Points
But I will stay running on Moo! Wrapper and not running the app from distributed.net

post edited by bcavnaugh - 2017/01/26 10:53:39

Opolis
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Moo! Wrapper 2017/01/26 10:55:58 (permalink)
Well, your Moo points are okay everywhere except for disributed.net and DC Vault.
Like on FreeDC, etc.
Yoyo should be fine as nothing has to be done to make it count on DC Vault.

Really sucks that the 14 mil points probably won't count toward DC Vault RC5.

bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
Re: Moo! Wrapper 2017/01/26 11:04:02 (permalink)
Opolis
Well, your Moo points are okay everywhere except for disributed.net and DC Vault.
Like on FreeDC, etc.
Yoyo should be fine as nothing has to be done to make it count on DC Vault.

Really sucks that the 14 mil points probably won't count toward DC Vault RC5.

Well yes but the hole point to all of this is for the DC Vault and in the end I blame them for this mess.
That is our team is now missing 14 mil from DC Vault so it really it only sucks for the team.
Maybe planetclown could have been more forthcoming as he did point this all out. Sorry planetclown
I still think we need that Sticky on the Forum for how to setup each of the Projects so others do not have to go this is over and over. 

Opolis
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Moo! Wrapper 2017/01/26 11:07:21 (permalink)
It is interesting to me that Yoyo has no problem taking care of this behind the scenes but Moo Wrapper does not separate the stats, so this "linking" process is required to avoid double dipping points on DCVault.

I ran into the same thing with Muon1.
Ran the standalone for a long time and then realized that tasks run through Yoyo were separate.
No idea if either were cointing toward DCVault.
post edited by Opolis - 2017/01/26 11:09:28

bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
Re: Moo! Wrapper 2017/01/26 11:07:26 (permalink)
cuarc001
What you are essentially saying is that you find it to be an inconvenience and don't like doing it....

Now I can say Yes it is a very big inconvenience in the misunderstanding of all this solely to support the DC Vault.
Sorry Coleslaw

post edited by bcavnaugh - 2017/01/26 11:10:35

robbysites
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1978
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Moo! Wrapper 2017/01/26 11:31:07 (permalink)
bcavnaugh
robbysites
I followed your instructions and did exactly what I did before and got this;

Your request has been processed.

The password will be mailed and should arrive within 10 minutes.

And never heard from them.
So now I have done it twice.
BTW I am doing great on the Moo Wrap project.
rs

I Know why now
all our data going under our ID is why and not an email address this really really sucks

Moo! Wrapper preferences
Distributed.net ID bcavnaugh (( Put your email address in here and not your ID))
WARNING! This address can be included in public listings and can get harvested by spammers. Please, choose one where you can tolerate spam (but you should be able to receive mails).

I lost all my data http://stats.distributed.net/participant/psummary.php?project_id=28&id=542667

Now my YoYo Data is screwed up http://stats.distributed.net/participant/psummary.php?project_id=28&id=496411

Distributed.net ID
WARNING! This address can be included in public listings and can get harvested by spammers. Please, choose one where you can tolerate spam (but you should be able to receive mails)

My email has been there since I started this project as seen above. And I have received no password from them.
Should I put my hotmail address in there? Bet you can't guess what my hotmail address is??
post edited by robbysites - 2017/01/27 10:59:12

MY AFFILIATE CODE-000H94333W

NxtGenCowboy
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 225
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Moo! Wrapper 2017/01/26 11:37:45 (permalink)
robbysites
bcavnaugh
robbysites
I followed your instructions and did exactly what I did before and got this;

And never heard from them.
So now I have done it twice.
BTW I am doing great on the Moo Wrap project.
rs

I Know why now
all our data going under our ID is why and not an email address this really really sucks

Moo! Wrapper preferences
Distributed.net ID bcavnaugh (( Put your email address in here and not your ID))

I lost all my data http://stats.distributed.net/participant/psummary.php?project_id=28&id=542667

Now my YoYo Data is screwed up http://stats.distributed.net/participant/psummary.php?project_id=28&id=496411

Distributed.net ID
WARNING! This address can be included in public listings and can get harvested by spammers. Please, choose one where you can tolerate spam (but you should be able to receive mails

My email has been there since I started this project as seen above. And I have received no password from them.
Should I put my hotmail address in there? Bet you can't guess what my hotmail address is??

I already tried changing it and what not... Nope, no email from them.
post edited by NxtGenCowboy - 2017/01/26 19:35:47
planetclown
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1692
  • Ribbons : 15
Re: Moo! Wrapper 2017/01/26 11:41:46 (permalink)
bcavnaugh
Maybe planetclown could have been more forthcoming as he did point this all out. Sorry planetclown

Sorry, I didn't realize you could link Moo! to distributed.net until Cuarc posted the info (thanks Cuarc!).  Once he did, I edited my post to add a link to his post. 

I do have a Moo! account but never crunched under it.  I had always run the separate distributed.net client.  My email is populated in the Moo! account preferences.  I'll crunch a few Moo! tasks and see what happens.  Here's a link to our team stats on RC5-72.

EVGA Associates code: OLY2307BPM0MXZU Click for a discount on your next purchase from EVGA.com

cuarc001
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 509
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: Moo! Wrapper 2017/01/26 12:04:24 (permalink)
Opolis

EDIT:

Opolis, this is correct. If you run OGR work units at YoYo, you will not get credit for them added to the OGR portion of DC-Vault. They will ONLY apply to YoYO. If you run distributed.net's client to complete OGR work units, they will ONLY count towards OGR at DC-Vault.

bcav - DC-Vault doesn't have a hand in designing any of the projects and how they handle things. Moo! brought this issue onto you so blame them. Or thank them for giving you the option of another client to begin with. They could have done what [link=mailto:YoYo@home]YoYo@home[/link] did. Or maybe they could have done a different process to make it simpler. But Moo! didn't. And so if you want your Moo! points to count,  you do the leg work. Sorry you can't get it to work. If you aren't getting your password, perhaps you should try contacting support like any other site? I cannot fix this for you. I just know what the process was back when I had to do it. My points count. It wasn't that painful. However, things may have changed since then. According to a thread at Moo! you may want to chime in there to see if things can get resolved.  http://moowrap.net/forum_thread.php?id=458 or distributed.net's page http://www.distributed.net/Docs
post edited by cuarc001 - 2017/01/26 12:05:56

Gilthanis - HardForums [H] DC'er of the Month 7/13, 7/14 and [H] DC'er of the Year 2014

cuarc001
SSC Member
Re: Moo! Wrapper 2017/01/26 12:58:41 (permalink)
Opolis
It is interesting to me that Yoyo has no problem taking care of this behind the scenes but Moo Wrapper does not separate the stats, so this "linking" process is required to avoid double dipping points on DCVault.

I ran into the same thing with Muon1.
Ran the standalone for a long time and then realized that tasks run through Yoyo were separate.
No idea if either were cointing toward DCVault.

And to answer  your question on this one. Yes the were. But to clarify, Muon1 work with their standalone client counted only for Muon1 when it was part of DC-Vault and the Muon work that was ran only applied to [link=mailto:YoYo@home]YoYo@home[/link] just like the OGR work does. The only time you had to make any changes is if you wanted the YoYo work to count towards your team at the Muon1 sites rankings (again had no affect on DC-Vault). That process was and still is to add the Team identifier to  your user name in some way to your user name at YoYo. In my case I had to put [H] in my name. So, at YoYo I'm listed as [H]Coleslaw. This does not screw up your stats at the BOINC stats sites either because the stats sites base your stats off of the CPID and not the name. You can actually edit your name at any time. So, now when I go to Muon1's website and look at my stats there, I do have two listings. One that is from their client and one from the YoYo BOINC client. It may suck to have 2 listings but at least my team gets all of the points. I know it gets confusing but blame the guys that decide to support multiple clients like they have.
post edited by cuarc001 - 2017/01/26 13:01:56

Gilthanis - HardForums [H] DC'er of the Month 7/13, 7/14 and [H] DC'er of the Year 2014

Opolis
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Moo! Wrapper 2017/01/26 13:23:29 (permalink)
Well, tasks are being completed, no matter where the points show up.  I guess that is the important part.
Thanks for the help Curac, I used your link on setting up Moo and it seems to be working now.

cuarc001
SSC Member
Re: Moo! Wrapper 2017/01/26 13:41:31 (permalink)
Glad to hear.

bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
Re: Moo! Wrapper 2017/01/26 14:09:20 (permalink)
cuarc001
Opolis

EDIT:

Opolis, this is correct. If you run OGR work units at YoYo, you will not get credit for them added to the OGR portion of DC-Vault. They will ONLY apply to YoYO. If you run distributed.net's client to complete OGR work units, they will ONLY count towards OGR at DC-Vault.

bcav - DC-Vault doesn't have a hand in designing any of the projects and how they handle things. Moo! brought this issue onto you so blame them. Or thank them for giving you the option of another client to begin with. They could have done what [link=mailto:YoYo@home]YoYo@home[/link] did. Or maybe they could have done a different process to make it simpler. But Moo! didn't. And so if you want your Moo! points to count,  you do the leg work. Sorry you can't get it to work. If you aren't getting your password, perhaps you should try contacting support like any other site? I cannot fix this for you. I just know what the process was back when I had to do it. My points count. It wasn't that painful. However, things may have changed since then. According to a thread at Moo! you may want to chime in there to see if things can get resolved.  http://moowrap.net/forum_thread.php?id=458 or distributed.net's page http://www.distributed.net/Docs

I asked their support if they can transfer my points from one account to another.
You cannot get a password based on a user ID only an email address. This is the whole problem.

bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
Re: Moo! Wrapper 2017/01/26 14:10:41 (permalink)
planetclown
bcavnaugh
Sorry, I didn't realize you could link Moo! to distributed.net until Cuarc posted the info (thanks Cuarc!).  Once he did, I edited my post to add a link to his post. 

I do have a Moo! account but never crunched under it.  I had always run the separate distributed.net client.  My email is populated in the Moo! account preferences.  I'll crunch a few Moo! tasks and see what happens.  Here's a link to our team stats on RC5-72.

Even with the Link if you used an Account ID and not an Account Email Address it would not have worked.
I good it is only our Team that has lost out on the Points. 

On this I am Hoping that I do not have to move from Moo! and run under distributed.net, not because of the DC Vault but because they do not count for our BOINC Team and only our DC Vault Team. If this makes any since.

"I do have a Moo! account but never crunched under it.  I had always run the separate distributed.net client.  My email is populated in the Moo! account preferences.  I'll crunch a few Moo! tasks and see what happens.  Here's a link to our team stats on RC5-72."

post edited by bcavnaugh - 2017/01/26 14:14:44

cuarc001
SSC Member
Re: Moo! Wrapper 2017/01/26 14:12:06 (permalink)
Who said to get a password for a user ID? Is there something else you were trying to do other than get access to the account? Start from the beginning because I think there is a huge communication barrier here as to what you are actually trying to do vs what other people are doing.

bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
Re: Moo! Wrapper 2017/01/26 14:19:04 (permalink)
cuarc001
Who said to get a password for a user ID? Is there something else you were trying to do other than get access to the account? Start from the beginning because I think there is a huge communication barrier here as to what you are actually trying to do vs what other people are doing.

Indeed their is.
As some have said they are waiting for a password as I was as well with only a User ID like bcavanugh.
I had to change Moo! from my ID to an Email address and then after I task was completed it showed on distributed.net
My account of bacvnaugh had no team and you cannot sign up for one.
You need a password to make a change to include joining a team so that our points are counted on the DC Vault website under our Team.

This account is now under our Team: http://stats.distributed.net/participant/psummary.php?project_id=8&id=542667
This one is not under our Team: http://stats.distributed.net/participant/psummary.php?project_id=8&id=542668
Our Team: http://stats.distributed.net/team/tmsummary.php?project_id=8&team=32020

A Team Change
Any submitted blocks that have not been allocated to a team will be allocated to the team you have now selected during the next stats run.
Any submitted blocks that you have already allocated to a team will not be affected.
Only future blocks will go to the new team.   No changes will be visible until the next stats run. 
You have until midnight UTC to change your mind without any problem.
 Team joins are tracked on a day-by-day basis, so only the last team join on a given day will take effect. Once midnight rolls around though, your  team selection for that day turns into a pumpkin, err, becomes permanent.
post edited by bcavnaugh - 2017/01/26 14:25:16

cuarc001
SSC Member
Re: Moo! Wrapper 2017/01/26 14:26:24 (permalink)
That is odd because I ran Moo! before I ever ran their client and they had my email account listed. Maybe that has changed in the last couple of years. But it wasn't for me. Again, that may be a question for the admins.

bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
Re: Moo! Wrapper 2017/01/26 14:27:37 (permalink)
Here is our team members on this .net site
http://stats.distributed.net/team/tmember.php?project_id=8&team=32020
The only one shown is planetclown &  Punchy so I think we might have a lot of missing points on the DC Vault.
Total Members: 10 12 and No 2 Active Users. Opolis & bcavnaugh 
On Moo! http://moowrap.net/team_display.php?teamid=1706 we have 10 Active users and a total of 24 Members.
post edited by bcavnaugh - 2017/01/26 18:55:15

bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
Re: Moo! Wrapper 2017/01/26 14:36:09 (permalink)
I am good at starting over to show the Points on the DC Vault so for this mater it should be closed..
Thanks for Allowing the Vent.

cuarc001
SSC Member
Re: Moo! Wrapper 2017/01/26 14:37:13 (permalink)
I'm sure you do as do many teams. Most people don't bother looking into it. That is why I try to point it out when I can. Contact the admins at distributed.net and Moo! as I've suggested and perhaps they can get you squared away. They may be able to shed light onto some of what you are seeing. I'm not sure why you have 2 accounts as I only had one when I did the process. I ran the distributed client years later when I decided to make a setup guide. That and didn't want BOINC installed on the system I was testing but rather a portable client...

bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
Re: Moo! Wrapper 2017/01/26 18:42:35 (permalink)
11 Crunching@EVGA   147 5 on Free-DC 44 on BAM!
Number 2 in Production Today 
No Movement on DC Vault Yet!
I dumped Folding for now or at least until I can see some movement.
post edited by bcavnaugh - 2017/01/26 18:53:00

bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
Re: Moo! Wrapper 2017/01/26 19:23:32 (permalink)
After you setup Moo! that post is next. (All are case sensitive)
Edit your Information   

post edited by bcavnaugh - 2019/06/22 10:45:08

Attached Image(s)

bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
Re: Moo! Wrapper 2017/01/26 19:42:48 (permalink)
Moo! Settings:
 Your account on Moo! Website, down at the bottom of the page
 All are case sensitive

In the email you will get a link to edit your info as shown above in Post http://forums.evga.com/FindPost/2609762
post edited by bcavnaugh - 2019/06/22 10:44:35

Attached Image(s)

bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
Re: Moo! Wrapper 2017/01/26 19:59:54 (permalink)
Sorry for such a fast info guide but I think it best we protect our email address.

NxtGenCowboy
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 225
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Moo! Wrapper 2017/01/27 05:41:13 (permalink)
Well I finally got my email... after a few emails back and forth with support.  I am with everyone else now though, all the points I had originally done are no longer associated to anything :\ 

post edited by NxtGenCowboy - 2017/01/27 05:45:52
Opolis
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Moo! Wrapper 2017/01/27 08:32:41 (permalink)
I am showing up on our team stats for distributed.net now so I am calling this a success (finally!).

robbysites
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1978
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Moo! Wrapper 2017/01/27 08:52:29 (permalink)

This as far as I get, following the steps as outlined by Bcavnaugh

help

MY AFFILIATE CODE-000H94333W

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 6
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile