EVGA

Can I transfer EVGA warranty to secondary owner?

Author
GAKJ27
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/01/17 06:51:53 (permalink)
I recently sold an EVGA GTX 1080 SC. The secondary owner (i.e., the buyer) is asking about the possibility of transferring the warranty to him. From the EVGA website and on this forum, I understand that the secondary owner simply has to log a Guest RMA and that's it (although do correct me if I'm wrong). 

However, a couple of questions:

1. As the first owner, do I still keep this product registered under my account or should I delete it? 

2. If the answer to the question above is 'Delete it', then my follow-up question is: instead of deleting the registered product from my account, is there any way to transfer the product registration to the secondary owner, just so that he has peace of mind? 

Any help or advice would be most appreciated :)

10 Replies Related Threads

BrandonS
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 678
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: Can I transfer EVGA warranty to secondary owner? 2017/01/17 06:55:39 (permalink)
    Hello GAKJ27, and welcome to the forums! You can unregister the card from your account under Member | My Products | View Details; this will remove it from the products shown on your account. Unfortunately there is no way to transfer the card directly, although the buyer may be able to register it once it's removed from your account. Please keep in mind that any second-hand purchases will need to be done through Guest RMA, and that the buyer can check the warranty at any time from the same page. 
    GAKJ27
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Can I transfer EVGA warranty to secondary owner? 2017/01/17 06:58:56 (permalink)
    Wow that was fast. Thanks for clarifying. Thumbs up!
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30996
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Can I transfer EVGA warranty to secondary owner? 2017/01/17 08:22:00 (permalink)
    Side note: FYI

Only the Original warranty period will apply. If you purchase an extended warranty --- it is Not transferable

http://www.evga.com/support/warranty/graphics-cards/

excerpts:

The transferred warranty will not exceed 3 years from the products shipping date from EVGA and will also not exceed the original warranty offered on the product.

For EVGA products not purchased from an EVGA authorized reseller or for owners that do not have a valid proof of purchase than the warranty is available for up to 3 years, which will not exceed the warranty length assigned to the part number, and the warranty will start from the EVGA shipping date.

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

MugenL15BA
    • Total Posts : 17
    Re: Can I transfer EVGA warranty to secondary owner? 2018/04/10 00:00:01 (permalink)
    Cool GTX

Only the Original warranty period will apply. If you purchase an extended warranty --- it is Not transferable

excerpts:

The transferred warranty will not exceed 3 years from the products shipping date from EVGA and will also not exceed the original warranty offered on the product.

For EVGA products not purchased from an EVGA authorized reseller or for owners that do not have a valid proof of purchase than the warranty is available for up to 3 years, which will not exceed the warranty length assigned to the part number, and the warranty will start from the EVGA shipping date.

What if the original owner didn't purchase it from EVGA.com, instead somewhere like Newegg or amazon, etc? Does the same apply? Just a bit confused when it states "shipped new from EVGA" on the warranty page. Thanks!
    ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21173
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: Can I transfer EVGA warranty to secondary owner? 2018/04/10 02:51:01 (permalink)
    MugenL15BA
    Cool GTX

excerpts:

What if the original owner didn't purchase it from EVGA.com, instead somewhere like Newegg or amazon, etc? Does the same apply? Just a bit confused when it states "shipped new from EVGA" on the warranty page. Thanks!

Yes, the same applies. The date that EVGA shipped it from EVGA's warehouse to Newegg's warehouse, is the date that the secondary owner's warranty starts from. In other words, they all are in EVGA's warehouse at some point. Whenever they leave EVGA's warehouse, for any destination, is the date that the secondary owner's warranty starts from.  If it then sits on Newegg's or Amazon's shelf for half a year, sorry, that time is ticking away.
    post edited by ty_ger07 - 2018/04/10 04:01:21

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Bad4You25
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: Can I transfer EVGA warranty to secondary owner? 2018/07/27 22:34:54 (permalink)
    and can you buy back that 10 year warranty to your card after the card is transfed to my account ?????
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Can I transfer EVGA warranty to secondary owner? 2018/07/28 05:45:04 (permalink)
    Bad4You25
    and can you buy back that 10 year warranty to your card after the card is transfed to my account ?????

No. That is for the original owner only.
    Bigdog Miner
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: Can I transfer EVGA warranty to secondary owner? 2018/12/13 20:40:11 (permalink)
    I sold a card on ebay to another person.  Just to make sure I understand.

1.  I un-register the product on my account.
    2.  They register the product on their account
    3.  Do they upload an ebay invoice?  This is what I am not sure of.  thanks
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49168
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Can I transfer EVGA warranty to secondary owner? 2018/12/13 22:14:54 (permalink)
    Bigdog Miner
    I sold a card on ebay to another person.  Just to make sure I understand.

1.  I un-register the product on my account.
    2.  They register the product on their account
    3.  Do they upload an ebay invoice?  This is what I am not sure of.  thanks

Correct.
    _JeffP
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 652
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Can I transfer EVGA warranty to secondary owner? 2018/12/16 00:50:42 (permalink)
    Sajin

Correct.

+1

Everything is security. 
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile