The WORST ever customer service experience with the Asus Warranty / CSR

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
revenantx02
EGC Admin
  • Total Posts : 1457
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 8
Re: The WORST ever customer service experience with the Asus Warranty / CSR 2017/06/20 20:52:02 (permalink)
I know at the moment Asus is having an issue with their parts distribution.

Asus had contracted a separate company to handle their warehouse/s of components and shipping, and about 3 months ago that company packed up and dumped everything on Asus.
Asus has been playing catch up ever since and has taken months to get stuff sent.
I believe they are almost on top of getting it all sorted out.
WackyWRZ
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 603
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: The WORST ever customer service experience with the Asus Warranty / CSR 2017/06/20 20:57:33 (permalink)
GigaByte is terrible on RMA.  I've had 2 MSI RMAs that were fairly painless except for a long turnaround due to them being really old boards they didn't have parts for.  One of them they upgraded to the next best one for free.  ASUS boards to me seem to have the best feature sets for the price so that's what I run and I've never had to RMA with them.  Customer support hands down goes to EVGA as they were a fast and painless RMA on 2 occasions.  The only negative I give them on motherboards is that the price is a bit higher and they seem to have the least amount of features like fan control.  For a workstation / business machine where you need a quick turnaround if something goes bad I'd say EVGA.  As far as overall durability I'd put MSI a close second.
post edited by WackyWRZ - 2017/06/20 20:59:59

CASE: Anidees AI Crystal XL | MOBO: ASUS X470 Crosshair VII | CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600 | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200 2x8GB B-Die | SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVME 1TB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 P2 | GPU: AMD RX5700 XT | MON: AOC CU34G2X 1440p/144hz 34" Ultrawide + Dell S2716DG 1440p/144Hz | Cooling: Full custom loop, Heatkiller D5 150, Aquacomputer D5 Next + Quadro, EK Supremacy Evo, EK Coolstream PE 480, Bykski 5700XT | HEAT: 20-0-0 - http://www.heatware.com/u/104452

knightsilver
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 9430
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: The WORST ever customer service experience with the Asus Warranty / CSR 2017/06/23 21:08:17 (permalink)
eVGA, MSI, AsRock and Mushkin here, I don't mess with anyone eles. I'm dreading the day I buy a new monitor, unless Acer has a great RMA program?
quadlatte
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7191
  • Ribbons : 56
Re: The WORST ever customer service experience with the Asus Warranty / CSR 2017/06/24 20:52:28 (permalink)
for me the best customer service is the one you dont have to call. 

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=72498
Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 10101
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: The WORST ever customer service experience with the Asus Warranty / CSR 2017/06/24 21:20:16 (permalink)
quadlatte

While I can understand the idea behind that it's really not realistic. . Even if you are 99% reliable the 100th customer will get the bad product and need to call customer service.  While I try to buy good quality products I really care about customer service because the reality is I could buy a motherboard or graphics card from anyone and have a failure. 

Normally I go for a mix of good customer service and a reliable seller of products. Knowing I can return it if it fails out of the box to a vendor like Amazon or Newegg is very important to me and having quality customer service like EVGA has provided gives me a piece of mind that I am taken care of during the products life cycle. In a way I have stopped caring about having the fastest overclocked system and instead want stability with good features for overclocking with the support if needed.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 474
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: The WORST ever customer service experience with the Asus Warranty / CSR 2017/06/24 21:35:43 (permalink)
I must have been lucky back in the day. I needed a in warranty repair on my P8P67 Stepping B3 motherboard since all my PCIe x16 slots went dead no matter what cpu I would use. Sent it in, 2 weeks later it was back and ran ever since. 

As long as your popular enough, you can get away with anything.
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 474
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: The WORST ever customer service experience with the Asus Warranty / CSR 2017/06/24 21:39:27 (permalink)
Hoggle
quadlatte

While I can understand the idea behind that it's really not realistic. . Even if you are 99% reliable the 100th customer will get the bad product and need to call customer service.  While I try to buy good quality products I really care about customer service because the reality is I could buy a motherboard or graphics card from anyone and have a failure. 

Normally I go for a mix of good customer service and a reliable seller of products. Knowing I can return it if it fails out of the box to a vendor like Amazon or Newegg is very important to me and having quality customer service like EVGA has provided gives me a piece of mind that I am taken care of during the products life cycle. In a way I have stopped caring about having the fastest overclocked system and instead want stability with good features for overclocking with the support if needed.

+1 here, not having to call is not 100% i agree, but I do believe the best customer service is when they call you!!!!!!!! EVGA called me, to help make sure my DG-87 case issues were swiftly solved. Hence why I continue to remain a customer as long as I can. My jaw hit the floor when I picked up after getting a legit voicemail from them. 

As long as your popular enough, you can get away with anything.
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile