'Descent' Franchise Finally Returns To PC

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Author
TECH_DaveB
EVGA Alumni
  • Total Posts : 4893
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 46
Re: Remember Descent, well meet the 4th Installment Descent Underground!!!! 2016/05/13 17:57:25 (permalink)
Same here, definitely looking forward to it, such a classic!

Xarzi
I never played Descent 3 or Freespace sadly. Still overall I am just happy to see an old series comeback to the gaming world. Games like this are very much why I do what I do for work now :).

If I may ask, what is it you do?  I assume gaming industry somewhere?
Xarzi
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 196
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Remember Descent, well meet the 4th Installment Descent Underground!!!! 2016/05/13 18:18:39 (permalink)
Yes I work in the game industry. Currently I am in QA at a company in Maryland. I earned a bachelors degree in Simulation and Digital Entertainment.
Gold Leader
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3939
  • Ribbons : 62
Re: Remember Descent, well meet the 4th Installment Descent Underground!!!! 2017/07/29 10:56:12 (permalink)
Hey all! 

As one of the Alpha Backers of Descent Underground from Descendent Studio's;
Hereby I make an announcement to call out some more friends & people to join me with this game, it's a 6DoF FPS game that requires Team Cooperation and Team Support to succeed as it's Survival, Team Anarchy & Cooperate War game modes go, they are to me the best game modes, but there are also many other modes as well. 

Descent Underground has a Free Demo that includes all game modes and maps with one of the many flyable drones, which is the Wasp, these can deploy turrets to support team mates when capturing zones for example when playing Survival mode. 

Do keep in mind this game is an Early Access game and the Descendent Studo's Developers are doing their utmost best to keep this game up to date, you can view Wingman's Hanger on You-Tube every Friday at 6PM GMT +1 but sometimes also on Twitch which will hold live Streams. 

Here the Descendent Studio's Main page:
https://descendentstudios.com/

Here their main forum page:
https://descendentstudios.com/community/

Here the Descent Underground Store page on Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/360950/Descent_Underground/

This game runs on Microsoft Windows 7+ Linux & Apple OS but Operating Systems do need to be 64Bit and not 32Bit.
VR is supported, although not required

So hereby I hope to see you all Underground      

VegetaCreeper
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2944
  • Ribbons : 9
Re: Remember Descent, well meet the 4th Installment Descent Underground!!!! 2017/07/29 14:04:50 (permalink)
Gold Leader
Hey all! 

As one of the Alpha Backers of Descent Underground from Descendent Studio's;
Hereby I make an announcement to call out some more friends & people to join me with this game, it's a 6DoF FPS game that requires Team Cooperation and Team Support to succeed as it's Survival, Team Anarchy & Cooperate War game modes go, they are to me the best game modes, but there are also many other modes as well. 

Descent Underground has a Free Demo that includes all game modes and maps with one of the many flyable drones, which is the Wasp, these can deploy turrets to support team mates when capturing zones for example when playing Survival mode. 

Do keep in mind this game is an Early Access game and the Descendent Studo's Developers are doing their utmost best to keep this game up to date, you can view Wingman's Hanger on You-Tube every Friday at 6PM GMT +1 but sometimes also on Twitch which will hold live Streams. 

Here the Descendent Studio's Main page:
https://descendentstudios.com/

Here their main forum page:
https://descendentstudios.com/community/

Here the Descent Underground Store page on Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/360950/Descent_Underground/

This game runs on Microsoft Windows 7+ Linux & Apple OS but Operating Systems do need to be 64Bit and not 32Bit.
VR is supported, although not required

So hereby I hope to see you all Underground      

I'm eagerly awaiting SP campaign

Be The change in the World you want to see

Use my associate code if you want to save money on your purchases: DIC39SVDZOR8D11

Gold Leader
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Remember Descent, well meet the 4th Installment Descent Underground!!!! 2017/07/29 14:26:32 (permalink)
Yeah same here my DU buddies and I are gonna do Co-Op runs in that

BrandonS
EVGA Alumni
  • Total Posts : 678
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: Remember Descent, well meet the 4th Installment Descent Underground!!!! 2017/07/29 15:04:36 (permalink)
@Gold Leader, Not sure what happened, but your last post spawned about 10 copies. I have now deleted them for you. 
XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Ribbons : 115
Re: Remember Descent, well meet the 4th Installment Descent Underground!!!! 2017/07/29 15:54:41 (permalink)

@Gold Leader,

Cannot be spamming those posts dude.         ;)

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
Brad_Hawthorne
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 23174
  • Ribbons : 39
Re: Remember Descent, well meet the 4th Installment Descent Underground!!!! 2017/07/29 20:34:00 (permalink)
Descent Underground is what happens when CR tries to force relocate critical staff to LA. I think everyone lost out in the end on that one. SC lost a bunch of soul and we all gained a far too niche project of Descent Underground in the process.
Gold Leader
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Remember Descent, well meet the 4th Installment Descent Underground!!!! 2017/07/30 00:33:51 (permalink)
EVGATech_BrandonS
@Gold Leader, Not sure what happened, but your last post spawned about 10 copies. I have now deleted them for you. 

Oh thanks, yeah I don't know what happened either, tit was as if the reply button hung or so, I would have to PM the webmaster I was told by my friend Xray-Man, even I don't know how to explain it really. Only thing I remember is that I had 32 players on my Primal Carnage Extinction server at the time, dunno if that caused lag or so?

@ X-ray-Man
It was some weird experience, that I do know.

Brad_Hawthorne
Descent Underground is what happens when CR tries to force relocate critical staff to LA. I think everyone lost out in the end on that one. SC lost a bunch of soul and we all gained a far too niche project of Descent Underground in the process.

DU isn't as bad as all them negative reviewers from Steam go, we checked their hours and they have insufficient experience to even post a negative review even without seriously trying it, it takes skill and team cooperation to play DU properly and most tend to lack that, I manage quite well even I have played DU just recently because with an EVGA GTX 480 it's no joy with just 28 to 35 fps, the EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 opened new opportunities for me and now I  am having major fun with very old veteran Descent friends and players I have known for more than 10 years or so.

We mostly play Survival and Cooperative War games , these two are the most fun to do because they requitre team work for you to survive against waves of robots that learn your mistakes as the rounds get  harder over time.

The Main Single player campaign is being worked on, they are doing extra wrk in to that to make it longer so you get much more out of the game's background as well, makinga good game just takes time 1 a 2 years in Development is nothing these day.
Their crew isn't large and Star Citizen doesn't have much to do with it, that is an entirely different thing.

post edited by Gold Leader - 2017/08/02 00:11:47

Gold Leader
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Remember Descent, well meet the 4th Installment Descent Underground!!!! 2017/08/03 07:08:36 (permalink)
Here a video I made earlier today of me playing Descent Underground in Survival Mode but a Solo run all alone:

It's recorded @ 30fps @ 1920x1200x32 max ingame settings with Beepa Fraps 3.5.99 Buils 15622 with Win7Pro x64UK + SP1
I used Divx Convertor 8 to convert the raw aiv file of 33.7GB to a 1.56GB DvX Mpeg4 +AC3 sound file
That I uploaded to my YT channel as an unlisted video.

This video shows how Survival can be done via the Patience method.
My best friend from the DU Community *Mazzy* taught me this method and so far it does work very well.
Descent Underground is still in early Access for just over one year, tons more is to be expected.
Survival Mode is by far my faved mode, it may look like rinse and repeat, but the more stages you accomplish the harder it gets.
If feels good to get far with such modes, because if you die it's game over!
That is the one thing you really want to predict from taking place.

dwillms4
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: Remember Descent, well meet the 4th Installment Descent Underground!!!! 2018/02/11 14:46:44 (permalink)
Gold Leader
Here a video I made earlier today of me playing Descent Underground in Survival Mode but a Solo run all alone:

Hey, I was reading through this thread & saw your earlier post on your huge Descent collection. I might have a new item for you from the original game if you're interested, but I can't PM you yet because I just signed up.
OBIDATWAN
  • Total Posts : 93
Re: Remember Descent, well meet the 4th Installment Descent Underground!!!! 2018/02/15 03:04:01 (permalink)
pretty decent...
Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile