780i SLI FTW "BIOS ROM checksum error" "error 41"

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
quadlatte
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7191
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 56
Re:780i SLI FTW "BIOS ROM checksum error" "error 41" 2023/03/16 04:06:26 (permalink)
rjohnson11
petergroft
Incorrect BIOS/CMOS Settings
Whether your CMOS settings got corrupted after a long period of no use or you messed up the BIOS settings yourself, bringing them to their defaults is quite easy. Simply access the BIOS and select the “Load Defaults” option. If your BIOS is not accessible anymore, you can perform a hardware reset by using the “Clear CMOS” jumper on the motherboard. Refer to your motherboard’s manual for instructions on how to perform this operation. There’s also a third way to reset the BIOS settings: unplug your computer, remove the CMOS battery, and simply wait a few minutes for the CMOS chip to remain completely unpowered; this will bring it to the default settings.

Unsuccessful Upgrade
If you come across a BIOS checksum error as a result of an upgrade that went wrong, try removing the newly installed components and testing them on a different machine to see if they all function correctly. You can also test the components in the computer you want to upgrade by installing one component at a time and see if the machine works correctly. Once you identify which part is the troublemaker, you can replace it with another component or remove it from the upgrade plan.

Regards,
Peter

You do realize that you posted to a forum thread that is 10 years old. 

Lol, I got a notification and was like Huh, that's a old board 😂😂

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=72498
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile