Final Fantasy XIV Online Surpasses 16 Million Players Worldwide

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102291
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2019/05/25 00:03:33 (permalink)
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/final-fantasy-xiv-online-has-now-more-than-16-million-registered-players/

The global community of FINAL FANTASY XIV Online continues to grow as SQUARE ENIX announced the game has now surpassed 16 million registered users worldwide during a Letter from the Producer LIVE segment streamed from San Francisco. Accumulating almost six years of critical adoration and passionate fandom, the positive momentum of the MMORPG carries into the upcoming release of its third major expansion, FINAL FANTASY XIV: Shadowbringers on July 2, 2019.

Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida also revealed several new details for the upcoming expansion during the livestream, including:
  • Details on battle system changes, including the introduction of the charged action system.
  • Updates to the FATE system, side quests, as well the addition of role quests.
  • Adjustments to job synergy and rebalancing of jobs
  • Various quality of life changes and UI updates
Good to see this game receive constant updates and new challenges. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

1 Reply Related Threads

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10102
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Final Fantasy XIV Online Surpasses 16 Million Players Worldwide 2019/05/25 01:15:26 (permalink)
    It would be interesting to see the country that the player base is from. I know World of Warcraft was very popular in China and was the only reason the Warcraft movie was profitable. I am wondering if that fanbase has now embraced Final Fantasy XIV.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile