EVGA

Helpful ReplyFew questions about PX1

Author
theplasticbling
  • Total Posts : 57
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/04/21 20:23:29 (permalink)
I have a few questions about Precision X1.

1. How does the 'automatic control' setting work in the fan settings? When I enable it, my fans are on at idle, rather than them being off at idle with it disabled. It seems more like the setting actually enables manual control.

2. When overclocking, do my settings save outside of PX1? Or do I have to keep the program installed and running?

3. Can I uninstall PX1 and have my overclock and LED settings saved to the card?

Thanks. My card is the 2080 XC Ultra.
Void65231
  • Total Posts : 99
Re: Few questions about PX1 2019/04/21 20:47:39 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby theplasticbling 2019/04/22 18:46:50
Might not get a official response until tomorrow. But I can answer what I know.

1. The px1 automatic fan control works in steps as the temperature rises it hits the next step or point. https://i.imgur.com/xtGu1Qg.png

In automatic aggressive or silent the lowest temperature maybe above the ambient temperature of the card meaning the fans may always spin on slow when idle. Setting it to custom and dropping the first lowest temperature down to the dotted blue line will keep the fans off when idle / not in use.

Uninstalling px1 will make the card automatically determine fan control using card defaults.

2. When overclocking and Px1 or a third party overclock application is off or not running; custom overclocks are disabled, and defaulted back to stock clocks. However your card will still boost itself regardless of you manually overclocking or not; when overclocking your just setting where you would like the cards boost clocks to stay clocked at providing you have enough strain on the card in a game to put it into the boost state. Not manually overclocking lets the card boost up to where ever it thinks is best. Manual overclocks can push it past that provided your thermals are below 60*C. After 60*C Nvidia automatically throttles your overclock back to prevent damage.

3. Led settings are saved to the card you can set your colours and uninstall px1 if you wish it should stay the same colours. Removing the graphics card from the board or reinstalling px1 might reset the colours.
post edited by Void65231 - 2019/04/21 21:44:32
Miguel-GER
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Few questions about PX1 2019/04/22 07:22:16 (permalink)
Void65231
2. When overclocking and Px1 or a third party overclock application is off or not running; custom overclocks are disabled, and defaulted back to stock clocks. However your card will still boost itself regardless of you manually overclocking or not; when overclocking your just setting where you would like the cards boost clocks to stay clocked at providing you have enough strain on the card in a game to put it into the boost state. Not manually overclocking lets the card boost up to where ever it thinks is best. Manual overclocks can push it past that provided your thermals are below 60*C. After 60*C Nvidia automatically throttles your overclock back to prevent damage.

Actually I figured out if U overclock your card and close Precision x1, your OC stays applied
d.burnette
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5496
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: Few questions about PX1 2019/04/22 11:42:31 (permalink)
Miguel-GER
Void65231

Actually I figured out if U overclock your card and close Precision x1, your OC stays applied

Yes.
 I have gotten to where I run my PX1, load my profile for gaming which is max on power and temp, 90% fans, and my overclock on mem and GPU. I then close PX1 and game away.

Then for desktop I have a profile loaded which is the card's default settings, only with a static fans speed of 40%. I then close PX1 as well.

Don 

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.2 GHz all cores | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3200 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | EVGA T2 Titanium 1000w Power Supply | Samsung 970 Pro 1TB m.2 Nvme | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB SATA SSD | EVGA DG 87 Case |

Void65231
  • Total Posts : 99
Re: Few questions about PX1 2019/04/22 19:47:59 (permalink)
Miguel-GER
Void65231

Thanks for letting me know. I knew it boost it’s clocks regardless, but I thought it defaulted back when outside of px1. Learned something new. :) Does it do this after reboot as well?
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile