EVGA

Fallout 76 SMH never thought I would see the day Bethesda went full EA. *Update*

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Brad_Hawthorne
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 23174
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 39
Re: Fallout 76 SMH never thought I would see the day Bethesda went full EA. 2018/11/23 17:11:34 (permalink)
Having slept on things, I think I just realized the only thing that is going to truly save this game, it really is going to need private servers. I don't believe the public servers are going to last that long after user count drops off. And the private servers are where the fixes are going to happen. This'll probably turn into another 7D2D or Conan Exiles where the quality is on a couple of player run servers where they actually have a coherent community mindset and sufficient mods to make the game fun.
Killmur
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5311
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: Fallout 76 SMH never thought I would see the day Bethesda went full EA. 2018/11/23 17:53:26 (permalink)
Brad_Hawthorne
Having slept on things, I think I just realized the only thing that is going to truly save this game, it really is going to need private servers. I don't believe the public servers are going to last that long after user count drops off. And the private servers are where the fixes are going to happen. This'll probably turn into another 7D2D or Conan Exiles where the quality is on a couple of player run servers where they actually have a coherent community mindset and sufficient mods to make the game fun.

Not to mention rp communities might be the only other thing to save this game but I have a feeling many of those communities have already passed over this game. I already know of a rp streamer who does a ton of rp for GTA and Ark and she said she has no plans whatsoever to get this game. I will say I'm shocked mods are already coming out but I wouldn't be surprised if Bethesda finds out a way to nail people for using mods with this game outside of private servers.

Brad_Hawthorne
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: Fallout 76 SMH never thought I would see the day Bethesda went full EA. 2018/11/23 18:21:51 (permalink)
Killmur
I will say I'm shocked mods are already coming out but I wouldn't be surprised if Bethesda finds out a way to nail people for using mods with this game outside of private servers.

Just another way for Bethesda to make people regret even more for buying this game. The foundation is there to make something reasonable, I don't think they have the willpower to adapt to public interest though. My guess is some groups are already working on unofficial servers. The mere fact that the network strean is unencrypted and easy to understand will make private servers rather easy to happen. Bethesda legal might not like that turn of events though.
post edited by Brad_Hawthorne - 2018/11/23 18:24:59
Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 10102
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: Fallout 76 SMH never thought I would see the day Bethesda went full EA. 2018/11/23 19:47:16 (permalink)
I think that they could have done something interesting but the game really suffers from a company that doesn't really understand multiplayer games who tried to use a really successful single player game to prop up the multiplayer. It does have promise but the problem is the we are in a world where nobody wants to wait for decent multiplayer to happen a few months down the road when you have a game that is just trying to be fun and stable like other games you can buy right now that are stable and fun.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

fearpoint
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3184
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: Fallout 76 SMH never thought I would see the day Bethesda went full EA. 2018/11/24 14:44:43 (permalink)
Well look at it this way, either Bethesda can learn from this dumpster fire or............they can do even more of it and ruin the next Elder Scrolls game too! Hold onto your butts. Hopefully the next Doom game is good. 

Brad_Hawthorne
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: Fallout 76 SMH never thought I would see the day Bethesda went full EA. 2018/11/24 14:59:32 (permalink)
fearpoint
Well look at it this way, either Bethesda can learn from this dumpster fire or............they can do even more of it and ruin the next Elder Scrolls game too! Hold onto your butts. Hopefully the next Doom game is good. 

Carmack has been gone from iD for awhile, so who knows.
fearpoint
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3184
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: Fallout 76 SMH never thought I would see the day Bethesda went full EA. 2018/11/24 15:06:41 (permalink)
Brad_Hawthorne
fearpoint

Carmack has been gone from iD for awhile, so who knows.

That's a good thing. Rage, Doom 3, and Quake 4 were balls city.
Killmur
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5311
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: Fallout 76 SMH never thought I would see the day Bethesda went full EA. 2018/11/24 20:56:55 (permalink)
I remember reading about John Carmack vetoing breakable glass years ago from one of the iD Tech engines. The guy had so much control over the engine tech though. Oh well doesn't matter anymore since iD Tech is no longer the industry go to considering they were harder to recode than pretty much any other engine. It's why many iD Tech engined games outside of what iD made would tend to have various stability issues.

Brad_Hawthorne
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: Fallout 76 SMH never thought I would see the day Bethesda went full EA. 2018/11/25 12:51:03 (permalink)
Killmur
I remember reading about John Carmack vetoing breakable glass years ago from one of the iD Tech engines. The guy had so much control over the engine tech though. Oh well doesn't matter anymore since iD Tech is no longer the industry go to considering they were harder to recode than pretty much any other engine. It's why many iD Tech engined games outside of what iD made would tend to have various stability issues.

That the thing tho, Bethesda needs a Carmack to micromanage the engine quality control. They have writers and artists pool already covered. Their weakness is more on the client-server technical side of the fence IMHO. If FO76 was in a different engine, this would be a totally different experience. My guess is that Bethesda builds into the the dev budget the fact they don't have to do much to the 3d engine though to sell game ideas to the money people they're accountable to. That is exactly why they're in the place they are right now though. FO76 probably never would of been made if they had to use a new 3d engine and 100% new assets. Most of the bad decisions I guess are because they are directly the result of how to duct tape online gaming to the current engine.

After my rage inducing gameplay in the last 24 hours solo in a high level area with bone worms sickness, all my weapons and armor broken just trying to run away to a lower area and dieing every 10 minutes and having only one respawn point option at death that is full of hostile mobs to the point where the game is spawn camping me is ridiculous. Don't get curious around level 45 and think you can go exploring some of the higher tier areas solo. You'll regret it to the point where you can no longer get away to a safe area. The high tier areas do not have enough junk around that correlates to your equipment needs to keep your equipment repaired. It'll become broke and you have no way to leave the area because Scoarchbeasts will see you no matter how you try and sneak out. Trying to get out of the Watoga area or anything on the far east edge of the map is cancer before end-game levels. Material requirements and ammo needs are not properly balanced in that area at all.
post edited by Brad_Hawthorne - 2018/11/25 13:10:48
donta1979
Primarch
  • Total Posts : 15886
  • Ribbons : 72
Re: Fallout 76 SMH never thought I would see the day Bethesda went full EA. 2018/12/03 13:54:31 (permalink)
Brad_Hawthorne
BioHazardSperm
dont ya hate when Brad pops into a thread and posts some short half thought out opinion :)

Good points ,im still not buying the game .Just fell way to short of it goals .I dont see it being fixable before most interest draws players to other games

#opinions 

There are parts of the game I enjoy, mostly the random exploration, but when the map is done, I'll be done too. There is no end-game content that would keep me around.

End Game is the nukes, the rare loot, fluxes/rare crafting materials, legendary items. More to the story is coming though.

Heatware   

Retired from AAA Game Industry
Jeep Wranglers, English Bulldog Rescue
USAF, USANG, US ARMY Combat Veteran
My Build
Intel Core I9 13900K@6.1ghz, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 ARGB, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 7200mhz CL34 DDR5, ASUS Rog Strix Z790-E, ASUS Rog Strix OC 4090, ASUS ROG Wingwall Graphics Card Holder, Seagate limited Edition Cyberpunk 2077 m.2, 2x Samsung 980 m.2 1TB's, 980 & 990 Pro m.2 2TB's, ASUS ROG Hyperion GR701, ASUS ROG Thor 1200W Platinum II, Cablemod RT-Series Pro ModMesh Sleeved 12VHPWR Carbon, ASUS Rog Swift PG35VQ 35", Acer EI342CKR Pbmiippx 34", ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition mouse, Rog Claymore II keyboard, TCL home entertainment Sound Bar w/Wireless Sub, Steelseries Johnny Silverhand Headset Microsoft Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox controller
Brad_Hawthorne
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: Fallout 76 SMH never thought I would see the day Bethesda went full EA. 2018/12/04 00:14:07 (permalink)
donta1979
Brad_Hawthorne
BioHazardSperm
dont ya hate when Brad pops into a thread and posts some short half thought out opinion :)

Good points ,im still not buying the game .Just fell way to short of it goals .I dont see it being fixable before most interest draws players to other games

#opinions 

There are parts of the game I enjoy, mostly the random exploration, but when the map is done, I'll be done too. There is no end-game content that would keep me around.

End Game is the nukes, the rare loot, fluxes/rare crafting materials, legendary items. More to the story is coming though.

I'm level 55 and not sure how well that end-game will age. about the 20th nuke you farm it's going to start getting really boring. I don't think Bethesda understand that online gaming does not equate resource grinding with fun. The only thing that holds my attention is exploration, and this map while it's big, has finite area. And the nuke areas aren't that special, just keep on login hopping until you see one to fast travel to. Nothing is really that rare because of the login hopping.
post edited by Brad_Hawthorne - 2018/12/04 00:22:18
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile