EVGA

Fallen victim of EVGA mail in rebate scheme.

Author
lifebot
  • Total Posts : 9
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/01/26 08:20:59 (permalink)
I purchased my EVGA 500B power supply at an authorized local retailer, sent in my receipt as well as the UPC code on the box to receive the mail in rebate.

Unfortunately, the unit died shortly after and EVGA customer service says that I am not eligible to apply for RMA as I don't have the receipt anymore.

If I had sent in my receipt to EVGA in the past to apply for the mail in rebate, then this means EVGA Rebates department already possess my receipt. 

EVGA requires you to send the UPC code on the box as well as your receipt for you to be eligible for the mail-in rebate.

Even if EVGA perhaps is no longer in possession of my receipt, the very fact that my mail in rebate was processed should be enough to verify that I am the original purchaser of the PSU.

EVGA, if you received the original sales receipt from the customer in the past for mail in rebates, why do you need to ask the customer for the sales receipt AGAIN?

This is my final attempt to see if you guys can rectify the situation in a manner that makes sense.

Otherwise, I would be inclined to never recommend EVGA PSU's. Had EVGA returned my receipt along with the mail in rebate, I wouldn't be having this issue either.

post edited by lifebot - 2019/01/26 08:39:25

20 Replies Related Threads

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21171
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: Fallen victim of EVGA mail in rebate scheme. 2019/01/26 08:50:33 (permalink)
    This is a user to user forum. EVGA representation is hit and miss. You are more likely to catch the eye of an EVGa representative in the warranty section of the forum. You could ask a moderator to move this thread there.

https://forums.evga.com/E...nty-Questions-f35.aspx

I assume that you already contacted EVGA directly, right?

https://www.evga.com/about/contactus/

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Fallen victim of EVGA mail in rebate scheme. 2019/01/26 09:35:39 (permalink)
    This is exactly why EVGA recommends Registering & uploading a picture of your receipt when you first purchase an item

Get a copy of the receipt - from how you paid or where you bought ?

You could have uploaded a picture of the receipt when purchased; before sending physical receipt in for rebate

What about the secondhand Warranty ? (usually for those without receipt - based on original EVGA ship date, not purchase date)
    https://www.evga.com/warranty/power-supplies/

Moving to Warranty Section of Forums

Contact EVGA Support  https://www.evga.com/about/contactus/

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: Fallen victim of EVGA mail in rebate scheme. 2019/01/26 09:51:37 (permalink)
    "authorized local retailer" Ask for a new Invoice and then go to Product Registration and then Invoice Upload
    All "authorized local retailer" can also email you an Invoice as a Image or PDF file.
    Who is this "authorized local retailer"?
    Next time make a Copy for your Records and even scan it in as an Image and save with your other data.
    You sending in your only Invoice is on you and you alone.  
    Sending your receipt to the EVGA Rebate Process has nothing to do with the this Forum or EVGA's Main website.
    Before you even sent in your Rebate you should have Registered your Product and Uploaded your Invoice.
    Your Topic Tile "Fallen victim of EVGA mail in rebate scheme" is on you and not EVGA as their Rebate Process works Great.

"Had EVGA returned my receipt along with the mail in rebate," Read the Terms. FAQ
    Q: Can I send a copy of my receipt and keep the original?A: You will want to refer to the instructions specified on the rebate form. Each rebate may have different requirements.

https://evgarebate.com/ as you can see is also not located here

If you have any questions about your submission or promotion, please email or call us at 1-888-236-8827 Monday through Friday between the hours of 8am and 5pm Mountain Standard Time. Please have the following information ready so that we can assist you:
    • Tracking ID (if you received an email communication regarding your submission)
    • Purchase Date
    • Product(s) Purchased
    • Your Contact Information
    If you have questions about a promotion for which you have not yet submitted, please have your purchase information readily available so we can easily assist you. Please allow 30 days from the time you mail your submission to check status.
    Thank you!
    EVGA Rebate Team inquiry@evgarebate.com
    post edited by bcavnaugh - 2019/01/26 09:56:14

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

lifebot
    Re: Fallen victim of EVGA mail in rebate scheme. 2019/01/26 09:55:28 (permalink)
    The retailer is Canada Computers, unfortunately they don't have a way to pull out the receipt for a transaction dating couples months back.
    bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    Re: Fallen victim of EVGA mail in rebate scheme. 2019/01/26 09:58:39 (permalink)
    lifebot
    The retailer is Canada Computers, unfortunately they don't have a way to pull out the receipt for a transaction dating couples months back.

Return to Canada Computers and talk to the Manager.
    By Canada Law they must retain Sales Records for 3 Year of Sale or was it 5 Years.

lifebot
    Re: Fallen victim of EVGA mail in rebate scheme. 2019/01/26 09:59:40 (permalink)
    Are they able to identify the sales receipt by the PSU serial number?
    bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    Re: Fallen victim of EVGA mail in rebate scheme. 2019/01/26 10:02:46 (permalink)
    lifebot

You would need to ask them that question. But I would say No.
    Did you pay with a Credit Card?
    It is what $60 Dollars less your Rebate.

Tyver
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 176
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Fallen victim of EVGA mail in rebate scheme. 2019/01/26 15:43:31 (permalink)
    bcavnaugh
    lifebot

You would need to ask them that question. But I would say No.

You never know. I know MicroCenter puts the SN on each reciept so they could be able to track it. I know when I worked at GameStop, they did the same thing for consoles. As for tracking receipts that way, I have no idea but they do keep track of them to some degree. Otherewise what is the point of the SN barcode on most electronics that we had to scan at check out?
    post edited by Tyver - 2019/01/26 15:44:50

Just a novice following the dream to be a master

JacobB
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 522
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Fallen victim of EVGA mail in rebate scheme. 2019/01/27 12:03:02 (permalink)
    lifebot
    I purchased my EVGA 500B power supply at an authorized local retailer, sent in my receipt as well as the UPC code on the box to receive the mail in rebate.

Unfortunately, the unit died shortly after and EVGA customer service says that I am not eligible to apply for RMA as I don't have the receipt anymore.

If I had sent in my receipt to EVGA in the past to apply for the mail in rebate, then this means EVGA Rebates department already possess my receipt. 

EVGA requires you to send the UPC code on the box as well as your receipt for you to be eligible for the mail-in rebate.

Even if EVGA perhaps is no longer in possession of my receipt, the very fact that my mail in rebate was processed should be enough to verify that I am the original purchaser of the PSU.

EVGA, if you received the original sales receipt from the customer in the past for mail in rebates, why do you need to ask the customer for the sales receipt AGAIN?

This is my final attempt to see if you guys can rectify the situation in a manner that makes sense.

Otherwise, I would be inclined to never recommend EVGA PSU's. Had EVGA returned my receipt along with the mail in rebate, I wouldn't be having this issue either.

Hello,

We do not directly process the rebates. We would not be receiving the receipt that you sent in. However, you should be able to get in contact with the place of purchase (Appears to be Canada Computers) to get a copy of the receipt for the purchase.

If you have any questions, remember our offices are open 24/7 in the US so you can contact us anytime!

-Jacob B.
    JacobB
    SSC Member
    Re: Fallen victim of EVGA mail in rebate scheme. 2019/01/27 12:04:06 (permalink)
    lifebot

We would be unable to pull up a sales receipt from a reseller. Additionally, not all retailers put the serial number on the receipt. There just simply would not be a way for us to track this on our end. We can, however verify receipts. We just cannot produce them from the reseller.

-Jacob B.
    ketxxx
    • Total Posts : 23
    Re: Fallen victim of EVGA mail in rebate scheme. 2019/01/28 10:14:29 (permalink)
    This all seems absurd if you ask me. EVGA should be able to look up via the serial number the manufacture date of the PSU, with that they can determine if the PSU is indeed within warranty it shouldn't even really matter if you are the original buyer or not - its still the same unit, within warranty, requiring service.
    bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    Re: Fallen victim of EVGA mail in rebate scheme. 2019/01/28 10:17:10 (permalink)
    ketxxx
    This all seems absurd if you ask me. EVGA should be able to look up via the serial number the manufacture date of the PSU, with that they can determine if the PSU is indeed within warranty it shouldn't even really matter if you are the original buyer or not - its still the same unit, within warranty, requiring service.

So EVGA should also Support Stolen Hardware?
    It is not hard to complete Product Registration 

davevt31
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1130
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: Fallen victim of EVGA mail in rebate scheme. 2019/01/28 10:45:52 (permalink)
    Always mail in a copy of the receipt when doing rebate forms.

JacobB
    SSC Member
    Re: Fallen victim of EVGA mail in rebate scheme. 2019/01/28 10:49:42 (permalink)
    ketxxx

We can indeed do this. We have shipping information from all of our products that leave our facility, however an invoice is required for RMA if shipped after 5/25/2018. Additional to this, most of our power supplies come with an extended warranty. This extended warranty is valid if the invoice is uploaded. Without an invoice uploaded, the warranty would be a standard 3 year warranty. This is also true for secondhand purchases of our Power supplies.

Hope this clears some stuff up :)

-Jacob B.
    ketxxx
    • Total Posts : 23
    Re: Fallen victim of EVGA mail in rebate scheme. 2019/01/28 11:10:35 (permalink)
    bcavnaugh
    ketxxx

So EVGA should also Support Stolen Hardware?
    It is not hard to complete  

You must be joking with that statement, when was the last time you heard of a stolen shipment of power supplies? From any manufacturer.
    lifebot
    Re: Fallen victim of EVGA mail in rebate scheme. 2019/01/28 13:50:59 (permalink)
    EVGATech_JacobB
    ketxxx

We can indeed do this. We have shipping information from all of our products that leave our facility, however an invoice is required for RMA if shipped after 5/25/2018. Additional to this, most of our power supplies come with an extended warranty. This extended warranty is valid if the invoice is uploaded. Without an invoice uploaded, the warranty would be a standard 3 year warranty. This is also true for secondhand purchases of our Power supplies.

-Jacob B.

Doesn't this directly translates to not requiring the receipt? I am positive that my unit is still well within the factory warranty period.
    lifebot
    Re: Fallen victim of EVGA mail in rebate scheme. 2019/01/28 13:56:13 (permalink)
    UPDATE!

Canada Computers was able to help me locate and re-print my sales receipt based on the serial number on the PSU.
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Fallen victim of EVGA mail in rebate scheme. 2019/01/28 14:09:14 (permalink)
    Glad that they where able to help you track it down. I am kind of surprised that it took that long for them to do it. I worked at Staples and was able to track down a receipt using the system in about five minutes and some basic customer information.

Anyway it's always good to register the products before doing anything with a rebate and if you know that the item has a rebate on it ask the store if they can print an extra copy of the receipt. Also it's good to scan them into the computer or at least have a picture you can keep a record of.  
    post edited by Hoggle - 2019/01/28 14:11:14

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Fallen victim of EVGA mail in rebate scheme. 2019/01/28 14:13:53 (permalink)
    lifebot
    UPDATE!

Canada Computers was able to help me locate and re-print my sales receipt based on the serial number on the PSU.

Nice

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Fallen victim of EVGA mail in rebate scheme. 2019/01/28 15:23:59 (permalink)
    lifebot
    EVGATech_JacobB
    ketxxx

-Jacob B.

Doesn't this directly translates to not requiring the receipt? I am positive that my unit is still well within the factory warranty period.

I am glad that the computer store was able to retrieve your receipt. In the future, register for your warranty first and foremost.

Also, read the bold section from Jacobs statement above... all items require a receipt after May 25 2018 to complete an RMA. So, you would have still needed the receipt. In the future, you will need to upload receipts as soon as you can register your product, with ALL manufacturers, not just this company.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile