EVGA

Hot!FTW3 Ultra - Precision X1 issues - No LED control, 2 of 3 fans showing

Author
GuyOnAManate
  • Total Posts : 13
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/10/17 21:59:18 (permalink)
I had originally posted this in a different thread however i'm having ongoing issues so figured I would make my own. 

I didn't have any issues with my card yesterday when I first installed it, however I installed X1 today and I believe there may have been a firmware update which failed and my issues may be stemming from that (I really don't know much though). 

Only 2 of my 3 fans are showing, and I can't control them whatsoever - either manually or with the fan curve. The LEDs on my card itself are completely off, and as you can see there isn't an LED option in X1.

I've tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling, nothing. Completed taken out my card and reseated it - when I did this, my LEDs were on and there was an LED option and my 3rd fan showed in X1 however whenever I tried to change the LEDs within X1 i had a red light flashing on my card and it didn't actually do anything. I wasn't able to control the 3rd fan either - it just showed at 0% and couldn't be amended. After i rebooted, I was back to having no LEDs and 2/3 fans showing. I've tried different PCI-E cables and different combinations - currently I have 2 cables, one 6+2 and another 6+2 daisy chained with a 2nd 6+2 coming off of it.

I saw this post while reading up for a solution:  and tried it, however when I booted my PC after this i had 4 red lights flash on the GPU and then nothing more beyond that - no LEDs, no difference on X1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - at this stage i'm thinking I'll need to do an RMA unless there's an update which i've missed which could help this. PSU is a Corsair RM750x

20 Replies Related Threads

arestavo
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6121
    • Ribbons : 48
    Re: FTW3 Ultra - Precision X1 issues - No LED control, 2 of 3 fans showing 2020/10/17 22:01:59 (permalink)
    If uninstalling PX1, restarting (important), and reinstalling PX1 again doesn't do another firmware update / fix the problem, call EVGA's 24/7 tech support (US only): https://www.evga.com/about/contactus/ - they might be able to get that fan / LED controller working again for you without an RMA.

EVGA affiliate code: 9ZWDWFNW6A
    (Don't forget to upload your invoice or no credit is given!)

FOLD ON
    bloodshot45
    • Total Posts : 62
    Re: FTW3 Ultra - Precision X1 issues - No LED control, 2 of 3 fans showing 2020/10/17 22:03:51 (permalink)
    I was just told that the 1.0.0.11 Precision X1 release included a fan firmware update. I installed it about 30minutes ago and it didn't fail for me. Everything shows up fine. Your issue is most likely caused by the firmware update that failed. All you did was install the update for Precision X1 and press start for the firmware update right? If you attempted anything else while it was updating perhaps it caused it to fail? Not sure... Hopefully EVGA support can chime in.
    GuyOnAManate
    Re: FTW3 Ultra - Precision X1 issues - No LED control, 2 of 3 fans showing 2020/10/17 22:36:33 (permalink)
    arestavo
    If uninstalling PX1, restarting (important), and reinstalling PX1 again doesn't do another firmware update / fix the problem, call EVGA's 24/7 tech support (US only):  - they might be able to get that fan / LED controller working again for you without an RMA.

Thanks - just to double checked i uninstalled, restarted and reinstalled yet again however there was no firmware prompt whatsoever when i did this. Is there any other ways to manually prompt a firmware re-install? 

I'll attempt calling tech support shortly - thanks for the suggestions!
    arestavo
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6121
    • Ribbons : 48
    Re: FTW3 Ultra - Precision X1 issues - No LED control, 2 of 3 fans showing 2020/10/17 22:44:23 (permalink)
    GuyOnAManate

Thanks - just to double checked i uninstalled, restarted and reinstalled yet again however there was no firmware prompt whatsoever when i did this. Is there any other ways to manually prompt a firmware re-install? 

I don't know of one, but EVGA's tech support might.

EVGA affiliate code: 9ZWDWFNW6A
    (Don't forget to upload your invoice or no credit is given!)

FOLD ON
    GuyOnAManate
    Re: FTW3 Ultra - Precision X1 issues - No LED control, 2 of 3 fans showing 2020/10/18 16:32:24 (permalink)
    Just an update to anyone who finds they're having similar issues - after a few calls to tech support and many troubleshooting strategies they've determined that the card needs to be RMA'd. Some steps we tried were reseating all PSU cables, the GPU, uninstalling all drivers using DDU and updating, using several different versions of precision X1, different PCI-E connectors & combinations, etc. unfortunately no luck - just a bum card. 

I'll provide another update in a week or so when I receive the new one.
    sparetimepc
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2257
    • Ribbons : 22
    Re: FTW3 Ultra - Precision X1 issues - No LED control, 2 of 3 fans showing 2020/10/18 16:39:25 (permalink)
    GuyOnAManate
    arestavo
    If uninstalling PX1, restarting (important), and reinstalling PX1 again doesn't do another firmware update / fix the problem, call EVGA's 24/7 tech support (US only):  - they might be able to get that fan / LED controller working again for you without an RMA.

Sometimes right clicking px1 and run as admin will make a difference, also make sure to disable all anti virus/malware programs during the update.

sparetimepc
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: FTW3 Ultra - Precision X1 issues - No LED control, 2 of 3 fans showing 2020/10/18 16:42:36 (permalink)
    You might also be able to click the little circle next to the version of px1 in lower right corner, then if there is a link in the window that says update click that and a folder with firmware files should open up then just pick the correct file for your card.

GuyOnAManate
    Re: FTW3 Ultra - Precision X1 issues - No LED control, 2 of 3 fans showing 2020/10/18 17:13:48 (permalink)
    sparetimepc
    You might also be able to click the little circle next to the version of px1 in lower right corner, then if there is a link in the window that says update click that and a folder with firmware files should open up then just pick the correct file for your card.

Attempted both and no luck, thanks for the suggestions though 
    treswaters
    • Total Posts : 12
    Re: FTW3 Ultra - Precision X1 issues - No LED control, 2 of 3 fans showing 2020/10/18 17:16:57 (permalink)
    sparetimepc

I just checked as I also had in issue with a failed firmware update with a previous card and fixed it that way, however the new Precision for 30 series doesn't have the update option under info.
    sparetimepc
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: FTW3 Ultra - Precision X1 issues - No LED control, 2 of 3 fans showing 2020/10/18 18:26:32 (permalink)
    treswaters
    sparetimepc

I just checked as I also had in issue with a failed firmware update with a previous card and fixed it that way, however the new Precision for 30 series doesn't have the update option under info.

Oh really, I'm still using 2080ti kingpins so have not tried the newest version of px1 for 3000 series yet.

GuyOnAManate
    Re: FTW3 Ultra - Precision X1 issues - No LED control, 2 of 3 fans showing 2020/11/02 21:51:30 (permalink)
    Just an update - while i was waiting for my new card via RMA, i tested a few more things. A new PSU, new MOBO, new CPU & new RAM and my problem persisted.

Card arrived today and all issues are solved. 3rd fan works, LEDs work, no flashing red lights on the card. Runs about 15-20 degrees cooler thanks to the 3rd fan working.

Long story short, if you're having similar issues as i did in this thread i'd just RMA it ASAP.
    Dabadger84
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1397
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: FTW3 Ultra - Precision X1 issues - No LED control, 2 of 3 fans showing 2020/11/02 21:56:06 (permalink)
    GuyOnAManate
    Just an update - while i was waiting for my new card via RMA, i tested a few more things. A new PSU, new MOBO, new CPU & new RAM and my problem persisted.

Card arrived today and all issues are solved. 3rd fan works, LEDs work, no flashing red lights on the card. Runs about 15-20 degrees cooler thanks to the 3rd fan working.

Long story short, if you're having similar issues as i did in this thread i'd just RMA it ASAP.

Good to see eVGA got you taken care of, hopefully your new card works flawlessly for the foreseeable future.

Save up to 10% on eVGA.com purchases, use my Associates Code: 47AQQ6KPU2IZNXY
    My system on ModRigs: https://www.modsrigs.com/detail.aspx?buildid=42454
    System Specs (Brief Summary):
    i9 9900k @ 5GHz - Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Master - eVGA 1200W P2 - 4x8GB G.Skill TridentZ @ 3600MHz CL16 1.35v (stock)
    eVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Hybrid - Samsung Odyssey G9 49" Super-Ultrawide 240Hz Monitor

micdoom
    • Total Posts : 68
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: FTW3 Ultra - Precision X1 issues - No LED control, 2 of 3 fans showing 2020/11/02 23:02:52 (permalink)
    I had my FTW 3 now for about a month , not a single issue with fans and led and power ....etc , I have being using MSI after burner 4.6.2 for monitoring and fan curve , I have never updated the firmware on my card and only installed Precision X1 v 1.1.0.9 to control my lighting on the card , lucky I'm not sure but sure sound like it .
    chase10784
    • Total Posts : 99
    Re: FTW3 Ultra - Precision X1 issues - No LED control, 2 of 3 fans showing 2020/11/23 20:11:59 (permalink)
    GuyOnAManate

Funny same exact issue. Third fan didn't run. Rgb couldn't be adjusted and was frozen. Had to call evga. Disappointingly after waiting all this time to get one...RMA. Doing cross ship in hopes to get it back faster and in time for cyberpunk. Had the dang thing for only about 3 hours. DOA practically.
    GuyOnAManate
    Re: FTW3 Ultra - Precision X1 issues - No LED control, 2 of 3 fans showing 2020/11/24 16:11:25 (permalink)
    chase10784
    GuyOnAManate

Funny same exact issue. Third fan didn't run. Rgb couldn't be adjusted and was frozen. Had to call evga. Disappointingly after waiting all this time to get one...RMA. Doing cross ship in hopes to get it back faster and in time for cyberpunk. Had the dang thing for only about 3 hours. DOA practically.

Hey Chase - got your PM however I haven't made enough posts to respond to it so i'll do so here.

Been about 3 weeks since I received my new card and haven't had any issues with it, aside from an issue caused by an Nvidia driver which was fixed by simply rolling it back to the previous version.

Idles around 35C, max around 60C while gaming and all 3 fans working as they should be with the aggressive fan curve being used. LEDs working as well 
    chase10784
    Re: FTW3 Ultra - Precision X1 issues - No LED control, 2 of 3 fans showing 2020/11/24 16:16:20 (permalink)
    GuyOnAManate
    chase10784
    GuyOnAManate

Hey Chase - got your PM however I haven't made enough posts to respond to it so i'll do so here.

Been about 3 weeks since I received my new card and haven't had any issues with it, aside from an issue caused by an Nvidia driver which was fixed by simply rolling it back to the previous version.

Idles around 35C, max around 60C while gaming and all 3 fans working as they should be with the aggressive fan curve being used. LEDs working as well 

I am hoping I can have the same success. It was soul crushing when I realized it was at like 95c on a furmark test and I looked and the fan wasn't running. I did everything you did to try to fix it. No dice. What was weird with mine also was the rgb wasn't off, it was just frozen and static which it wasn't supposed to be static.
    GuyOnAManate
    Re: FTW3 Ultra - Precision X1 issues - No LED control, 2 of 3 fans showing 2020/11/24 16:22:26 (permalink)
    chase10784
    GuyOnAManate
    chase10784
    GuyOnAManate

I am hoping I can have the same success. It was soul crushing when I realized it was at like 95c on a furmark test and I looked and the fan wasn't running. I did everything you did to try to fix it. No dice. What was weird with mine also was the rgb wasn't off, it was just frozen and static which it wasn't supposed to be static.

Trust me I know the feeling all too well.. one thing to note, if you're not in the US (i'm in Canada) you might end up getting boned on the exchange rate when they refund your collateral. I ended up paying an additional ~$90CAD on top of the +$1,300 I had to spend on the card because 1) they don't pay for shipping (for some reason?) and 2) the exchange rate over the 2+ weeks it took them to get my card & refund me shifted a bit. Nothing they're willing to do about that either

Good luck! 
    chase10784
    Re: FTW3 Ultra - Precision X1 issues - No LED control, 2 of 3 fans showing 2020/11/24 16:28:53 (permalink)
    GuyOnAManate
    chase10784
    GuyOnAManate
    chase10784
    GuyOnAManate

Trust me I know the feeling all too well.. one thing to note, if you're not in the US (i'm in Canada) you might end up getting boned on the exchange rate when they refund your collateral. I ended up paying an additional ~$90CAD on top of the +$1,300 I had to spend on the card because 1) they don't pay for shipping (for some reason?) and 2) the exchange rate over the 2+ weeks it took them to get my card & refund me shifted a bit. Nothing they're willing to do about that either

Good luck! 

Oh man you should've got them to pay shipping. That's what I did. I'm in the US so luckily I don't have to worry about the exchange rate.
    GuyOnAManate
    Re: FTW3 Ultra - Precision X1 issues - No LED control, 2 of 3 fans showing 2020/11/24 16:37:30 (permalink)
    chase10784
    GuyOnAManate
    chase10784
    GuyOnAManate
    chase10784
    GuyOnAManate

Good luck! 

Oh man you should've got them to pay shipping. That's what I did. I'm in the US so luckily I don't have to worry about the exchange rate.

I certainly tried but just got the classic corporate "Our policy doesn't cover that", which as trivial as it seems when I'm spending $1,300 for a product which is broken out of the box I kind of expect shipping to be covered. Luckily my new card works however and I don't have to worry about giving EVGA any of more of my money in the future! 
    chase10784
    Re: FTW3 Ultra - Precision X1 issues - No LED control, 2 of 3 fans showing 2020/11/24 16:39:27 (permalink)
    They lied to you lol. They will cover it because they did for me and have for others although I'm not sure about Canada
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile