EVGA

Extension cord with switch for SuperNOVA 650 G2 Power Supply

Author
skkayman
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/10/15 13:20:25 (permalink)
Hello, please, can somebody suggest me which extension cord with switch (and ideally with overvoltage proteciton). I have one from EATON and one noname and both when switching it off, the circuit- breaker (residual-current device) is disabled. So everything on this phase is turned off including some clocks which reset themself without electricity.

If is very impractical this way so I am not switching the pc off. Power Supply has a switch which works perfect but it is deep under the table. Also, I want to turn off everything on my desk by one switch. Not the mouse has lights on all the night, including running harddrive connected to USB port..

My PS is SuperNOVA 650 G2 Power Supply

Thanks!

4 Replies Related Threads

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: Extension cord with switch for SuperNOVA 650 G2 Power Supply 2018/10/15 14:02:22 (permalink)
    "extension cord with switch (and ideally with overvoltage proteciton)"?
    Never seen any extension cords of this Type.
    As far as your Mouse or USB lights Enable ErP/EuP in the Bios. ((Energy Using Product))
    Have you though of a Surge Protector like this;
    APC 11-Outlet Surge Protector 3020 Joules with Telephone, DSL and Coaxial Protection, SurgeArrest Performance (P11VT3) Link
    A UPS would be Best like the APC UPS 1000VA Sinewave UPS Battery Backup & Surge Protector, APC BackUPS Pro UPS (BR1000MS) Link
    Just lean over and power off the UPS Done
    post edited by bcavnaugh - 2018/10/15 15:21:35

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21174
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: Extension cord with switch for SuperNOVA 650 G2 Power Supply 2018/10/15 14:59:04 (permalink)
    skkayman
    Hello, please, can somebody suggest me which extension cord with switch (and ideally with overvoltage proteciton). I have one from EATON and one noname and both when switching it off, the circuit- breaker (residual-current device) is disabled. So everything on this phase is turned off including some clocks which reset themself without electricity.

If is very impractical this way so I am not switching the pc off. Power Supply has a switch which works perfect but it is deep under the table. Also, I want to turn off everything on my desk by one switch.

Why?  Are you paranoid that something will get damaged?  Or do you think that a substantial amount of power is being wasted?

If you are paranoid about power being wasted, in truth, it probably only amounts to pennies a month.

If you are paranoid about something being damaged, it should not be damaged.  If you have terrible utility power to your house, what keeps it from being damaged when the computer is turned on?

I used to turn my computer's PSU switch off before I left home for a month at a time, but I found that I actually experienced more issues by doing that.

Not the mouse has lights on all the night, including running harddrive connected to USB port..

Thanks!

Disable "always on USB" in your motherboard's BIOS.  Then, everything plugged into USB ports will shut off when your computer turns off.  But, if you have your mouse a hard drive connected to a powered hub, that would be the powered hub's fault and not controllable by your motherboard BIOS.  In such an instance, plug them directly into your PC instead of into the powered hub.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

skkayman
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Extension cord with switch for SuperNOVA 650 G2 Power Supply 2019/01/31 04:54:57 (permalink)
    bcavnaugh
    As far as your Mouse or USB lights Enable ErP/EuP in the Bios. ((Energy Using Product))
    APC 11-Outlet Surge Protector 3020 Joules with Telephone, DSL and Coaxial Protection, SurgeArrest Performance (P11VT3)
    A UPS would be Best like the APC UPS 1000VA Sinewave UPS Battery Backup & Surge Protector, APC BackUPS Pro UPS (BR1000MS)

I was thinking about UPS too, but that is expensive. But is seems the only option. Or make own switch :)

ty_ger07
    skkayman

If is very impractical this way so I am not switching the pc off. Power Supply has a switch which works perfect but it is deep under the table. Also, I want to turn off everything on my desk by one switch.

Why?  Are you paranoid that something will get damaged?  Or do you think that a substantial amount of power is being wasted?

If you are paranoid about power being wasted, in truth, it probably only amounts to pennies a month.

If you are paranoid about something being damaged, it should not be damaged.  If you have terrible utility power to your house, what keeps it from being damaged when the computer is turned on?

I used to turn my computer's PSU switch off before I left home for a month at a time, but I found that I actually experienced more issues by doing that.

Not the mouse has lights on all the night, including running harddrive connected to USB port..

Thanks!

Disable "always on USB" in your motherboard's BIOS.  Then, everything plugged into USB ports will shut off when your computer turns off.  But, if you have your mouse a hard drive connected to a powered hub, that would be the powered hub's fault and not controllable by your motherboard BIOS.  In such an instance, plug them directly into your PC instead of into the powered hub.

I am paranoid but not that much to care about this. Problem is that my speakers gets hot when connected to 220V, even if I disable them - it does not disable internal power supply. There is switch on the back which do the same as computer PSU, but impractically placed. Monitor blinks too and, probably my paranoidicity, the black is different as when it is disabled with it's button. That are three switches, two of them are badly placed.

I have no option to disable usb. Also, no BIOS but stupid UEFI which only makes a lot of problems.. Also, I do not use usb hubs, they only made problems to me before :). So many ports on motherboard that I do not even need hub.

I changed my mouse last month and this one do not stay on when computer is off :). The external usb harddrive is on though and is still spinning.

And, the UEFI. It is not BIOS anymore, it is complete OS. And when the implementation from AMI is enabled longer time, it tooks much more time to load. When I just connect computer to electricity and turn it on, UEFI screens are show for a second or two and computer boots to GRUB (and then in 98% to linux). But if I do not disconnect computer from electricity, or switch off the EVGA PSU for a few seconds (until when I hear external harddrive to stop spinning), it boots again fast. Also, in linux, the USB keyboard is not working from start. It just seems that mobo is weird, but I believe it is UEFI which is weird..
    HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 15665
    • Ribbons : 135
    Re: Extension cord with switch for SuperNOVA 650 G2 Power Supply 2019/02/01 10:31:30 (permalink)
    skkayman
    bcavnaugh
    APC 11-Outlet Surge Protector 3020 Joules with Telephone, DSL and Coaxial Protection, SurgeArrest Performance (P11VT3)
    A UPS would be Best like the APC UPS 1000VA Sinewave UPS Battery Backup & Surge Protector, APC BackUPS Pro UPS (BR1000MS)

I was thinking about UPS too, but that is expensive. But is seems the only option. Or make own switch :)

ty_ger07
    skkayman

Thanks!

I am paranoid but not that much to care about this. Problem is that my speakers gets hot when connected to 220V, even if I disable them - it does not disable internal power supply. There is switch on the back which do the same as computer PSU, but impractically placed. Monitor blinks too and, probably my paranoidicity, the black is different as when it is disabled with it's button. That are three switches, two of them are badly placed.

I have no option to disable usb. Also, no BIOS but stupid UEFI which only makes a lot of problems.. Also, I do not use usb hubs, they only made problems to me before :). So many ports on motherboard that I do not even need hub.

I changed my mouse last month and this one do not stay on when computer is off :). The external usb harddrive is on though and is still spinning.

And, the UEFI. It is not BIOS anymore, it is complete OS. And when the implementation from AMI is enabled longer time, it tooks much more time to load. When I just connect computer to electricity and turn it on, UEFI screens are show for a second or two and computer boots to GRUB (and then in 98% to linux). But if I do not disconnect computer from electricity, or switch off the EVGA PSU for a few seconds (until when I hear external harddrive to stop spinning), it boots again fast. Also, in linux, the USB keyboard is not working from start. It just seems that mobo is weird, but I believe it is UEFI which is weird..

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile