Extended Warranty

Author
sammy510
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/11/09 02:20:56 (permalink)
Hello
I am in the process of maybe purchasing an 1080ti from someone on another forum.  H states that he took out a 5 year extended warranty when buying this card that runs till feb 2023.  From what i have read on here I can see that if I buy it off him, he then deregisters it and I reregister it in my name the warranty in my name would then run till Feb 2021 instead of 2023.  If anything happens after this date is the extended warranty void or can the original owner still do an RMA up to 2023 even if it is now registered to me?  Or would I be better to just leave it in his name and contact him should I need to rma for any reason up to 2023.  He has said he is happy to help in any way should the need arise.

thanks
sammy 

2 Replies Related Threads

BennyM
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 78
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Extended Warranty 2018/11/09 06:23:13 (permalink)
    Hello, 

You would be able to have the warranty under your name until 2021, if you do have any troubles after that you can contact us and we can look at options if it were to come to that point. 
    JacobB
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 522
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Extended Warranty 2018/11/09 10:06:22 (permalink)
    sammy510
    Hello
    I am in the process of maybe purchasing an 1080ti from someone on another forum.  H states that he took out a 5 year extended warranty when buying this card that runs till feb 2023.  From what i have read on here I can see that if I buy it off him, he then deregisters it and I reregister it in my name the warranty in my name would then run till Feb 2021 instead of 2023.  If anything happens after this date is the extended warranty void or can the original owner still do an RMA up to 2023 even if it is now registered to me?  Or would I be better to just leave it in his name and contact him should I need to rma for any reason up to 2023.  He has said he is happy to help in any way should the need arise.

thanks
    sammy 

Hello,

Just to add a bit more onto Benny's response, The Extended warranty is not transferable. This means that the person who originally bought the card would only be able to utilize the 5 year extended warranty. The card however, has a 3 year transferable warranty which would follow the card for 3 years from the day it left our facility. This is the date we would look at to determine your warranty. If you are wanting to know the exact time you have left for the card's warranty, you can always contact us via E-Mail or phone!

Side note; If you would like your friend to RMA the card for you should that ever arise, that is something you are free to do. He still purchased the extended warranty, and it would still be tied to his account for the S/N of the card!

-Jacob B.
    post edited by EVGATech_JacobB - 2018/11/09 10:07:47
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile