EVGA

AnsweredExperience(s) with Lost Packages?

Author
JustHayde
  • Total Posts : 11
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/07/13 20:40:22 (permalink)
Well I was lucky enough to receive my notification for my queue last Tuesday (07/06). The package was supposed to arrive via UPS on Friday (07/09). The package stopped dead in its tracks about 25-30 minutes away from my house at a local USB hub on Thursday night (07/08) and didn't move all of Friday. I was advised by the customer service rep and UPS to wait until Monday as there might have been delays due to the previous Monday being an extended holiday from July 4th. However, the weekend went by and so did Monday and Tuesday without any changes so the rep I was speaking with went ahead and filed a lost package claim with UPS for the package.

Does anyone have any experience working with EVGA and/or UPS regarding lost packages? Is the process fairly smooth and painless, or am I looking to play the long game here? Just want to know what to expect in the coming week(s). Situation already sucks as it is.
EVGATech_DanielM
EVGA Tech Support
  • Total Posts : 1132
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Experience(s) with Lost Packages? 2021/07/13 21:33:05 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby Hoggle 2021/07/13 21:34:35
Lost package investigations could take up to but not limited to 8 business days to complete once it has been submitted. This doesn't affect your warranty of the card other than shaving off those 8 business days of waiting. UPS is usually good about this but every case is different. Hope this helps.
post edited by EVGATech_DanielM - 2021/07/14 08:02:22
Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 10102
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: Experience(s) with Lost Packages? 2021/07/13 21:34:00 (permalink)
The situation of a lost package always sucks. Only time I remember losing a package though was my blu-ray marvel phase 1 set but that was lost in a plane crash.

What I would do is wait to make sure it doesn't just start moving again. Also contact EVGA to let them know it was lost and if possible give them any information that you got from UPS about the claim. While UPS might be able to give you the insured value of the item by getting EVGA in the loop they might be able to help get a confirmed missing product converted into a replacement product.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

JustHayde
Re: Experience(s) with Lost Packages? 2021/07/14 12:18:26 (permalink)
EVGATech_DanielM
Lost package investigations could take up to but not limited to 8 business days to complete once it has been submitted. This doesn't affect your warranty of the card other than shaving off those 8 business days of waiting. UPS is usually good about this but every case is different. Hope this helps.

Hey,

Thanks for the answers you guys. Do you know what how the situation is in regards to replacing lost GPU's that were sent out from the notification queue? Do we get a new unit sent out? Something from the B-Stock? My personal opinion on the matter is that it would be quite unfortunate to receive a B-stock after paying the price for a brand new unit. Do we even get a replacement?

Getting quite the mixed signal from the community based on their lost parcel experience (looked up some older posts on various platforms, including here). Some say that if your queue was lost in transit via UPS or any other shipper, you only get refunded back at best due to GPU shortages. That wouldn't really help my situation since my only other options would be scalpers.
EVGATech_DanielM
EVGA Tech Support
Re: Experience(s) with Lost Packages? 2021/07/14 21:41:39 (permalink)
JustHayde

Hey,

Thanks for the answers you guys. Do you know what how the situation is in regards to replacing lost GPU's that were sent out from the notification queue? Do we get a new unit sent out? Something from the B-Stock? My personal opinion on the matter is that it would be quite unfortunate to receive a B-stock after paying the price for a brand new unit. Do we even get a replacement?

Getting quite the mixed signal from the community based on their lost parcel experience (looked up some older posts on various platforms, including here). Some say that if your queue was lost in transit via UPS or any other shipper, you only get refunded back at best due to GPU shortages. That wouldn't really help my situation since my only other options would be scalpers.

We do not replace new in box units with a recertified unit if it is lost as that honestly would not make a lot of sense because that is what you paid for. We can only suggest to allow UPS to do their due diligence in their investigation and should a claim be paid out we can work with you to offer you a refund or re ship another product. 
JustHayde
Re: Experience(s) with Lost Packages? 2021/07/14 23:02:43 (permalink)
EVGATech_DanielM

We do not replace new in box units with a recertified unit if it is lost as that honestly would not make a lot of sense because that is what you paid for. We can only suggest to allow UPS to do their due diligence in their investigation and should a claim be paid out we can work with you to offer you a refund or re ship another product. 

Thanks for the responses Daniel. Really appreciate it. I know it seems like I'm impatient (and I am)--but believe it or not, I'm trying my best here. I've been a user of UPS for years now, both as the shipper and receiver and this is the first time I've had a package lost like this. Had a few delivered to the wrong address, but those were usually resolved pretty quickly. Guess I'm just feeling a bit defeated here since this has been my only shot at a GPU for the past year or so; entered a bunch of EVGA queues, Newegg shuffles, AMD shuffles, Best Buy drops, etc. etc. you get the point.

I hope you can understand my predicament, and I really do appreciate it all. Genuinely not trying to make the workload harder for anyone at EVGA or UPS.
wmmills
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5679
  • Ribbons : 40
Re: Experience(s) with Lost Packages? 2021/07/15 04:53:30 (permalink)
I feel for ya, i just went thru this maybe 2 or 3 months ago doing my step up. I sent my step up card to them boxed up really well and secure, took it to the post office and paid. It left there a hour later and went to the hub next to the airport. That was a monday around 4pm when it got there, it was supposed to be delivered by the following Thursday to evga. Well...as you can guess, it wasnt. In fact it sat in the same spot till 1am thursday and then they shipped it. They totally screwed it up and by friday afternoon i had thought that it got involuntarily rerouted by some kind citizen and it went back to there house with them. USPS finally updated the tracking later on saturday night and i found all this out and it was delivered the following monday. In the meantime i had sent evga a message about the issue and that i thought it might have been stolen...being it was in Newark Nj that would be very,very possible, but my package tracking got updated soon after i sent it and the box showed up monday before evga read the message, thankfully. It made me a nervous for a bit there. Im sure evga hears my card was stolen everyday, but i meant it and wasnt kidding or pulling something.

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
 Help Our Vets From K-2!
[link=https://strongholdfreedom
EVGATech_DanielM
EVGA Tech Support
Re: Experience(s) with Lost Packages? 2021/07/15 08:05:39 (permalink)
JustHayde
EVGATech_DanielM

Thanks for the responses Daniel. Really appreciate it. I know it seems like I'm impatient (and I am)--but believe it or not, I'm trying my best here. I've been a user of UPS for years now, both as the shipper and receiver and this is the first time I've had a package lost like this. Had a few delivered to the wrong address, but those were usually resolved pretty quickly. Guess I'm just feeling a bit defeated here since this has been my only shot at a GPU for the past year or so; entered a bunch of EVGA queues, Newegg shuffles, AMD shuffles, Best Buy drops, etc. etc. you get the point.

I hope you can understand my predicament, and I really do appreciate it all. Genuinely not trying to make the workload harder for anyone at EVGA or UPS.

I understand. Believe me I do - I haven't had the best of luck with packages over the last year or so which is why UPS suspended all of their guarantees other than next day air. I am sure everything will work out :)
JustHayde
Re: Experience(s) with Lost Packages? 2021/07/21 18:18:55 (permalink)
A small bit of update...I believe I'm reaching day 8 of the UPS investigation soon...either tomorrow (Thursday, July 22) or Friday (July 23). I know these investigations can take longer than 8 days but starting to think UPS isn't going to find this package. It *still* hasn't moved from its last location scan since July 8th and the status has been changed from "on the way" to simply "information unavailable" with a huge caution symbol next to the the transit status. Hoping UPS will wrap things up and just pay EVGA so that we can get this situation sorted...

Sorry, just needed to vent a little. Just feels absolutely horrible. Was supposed to receive this on the first week (if you don't count the weekend of the 1st) of July and we're almost approaching the last week of the month. I'm trying my best to exercise patience to the best of my abilities here.
post edited by JustHayde - 2021/07/21 18:29:57
EVGATech_DanielM
EVGA Tech Support
Re: Experience(s) with Lost Packages? 2021/07/21 18:32:25 (permalink)
Hello JustHyde

Keep in mind that the specific claims department we deal with might be a bit understaffed but I can confirm that the investigation is on going. We always keep tabs on a claim and if exceeds 10 business days we reach out to the adjuster for a update. Once we are the will of UPS - not much we can do other than allow them to do their job. This package is obviously lost so not much EVGA or you can do until UPS gives us the go ahead. Once we have more information we would be happy to reach out directly. 
JustHayde
Re: Experience(s) with Lost Packages? 2021/07/21 18:41:49 (permalink)
EVGATech_DanielM
Hello JustHyde

Keep in mind that the specific claims department we deal with might be a bit understaffed but I can confirm that the investigation is on going. We always keep tabs on a claim and if exceeds 10 business days we reach out to the adjuster for a update. Once we are the will of UPS - not much we can do other than allow them to do their job. This package is obviously lost so not much EVGA or you can do until UPS gives us the go ahead. Once we have more information we would be happy to reach out directly. 

Thanks for the update Daniel. Will keep an eye out for any e-mails or calls from EVGA. When the time comes, definitely going to inquire to you guys about perhaps shipping the replacement in a more discrete packaging and expedited shipping if possible...I would be more than happy to cover the costs if necessary.
JustHayde
Re: Experience(s) with Lost Packages? 2021/07/26 17:49:10 (permalink)
EVGATech_DanielM
Hello JustHayde

Hi Daniel, I don't suppose there has any been any updates regarding the case? I believe today is the 10th or 11th business day of the investigation. I wasn't sure if it was more appropriate to message you here or inquire via e-mail, but if you feel any information you may have is confidential, you can PM me or e-mail back regarding this although I'm unable to send out PM's on the forums. (I'm a few posts short).
Ekghassen
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Experience(s) with Lost Packages? 2021/11/10 05:54:25 (permalink)
Same thing happened to me today, been waiting on the que system since January and finally got my turn. I just started a claim with UPS , and I do understand this is really frustrating. Should I also contact EVGA support to let them know about the issue , if so how to contact them ? And what are.my options can I can a replacement for it once UPS have things sorted out . Thx 😊
EVGATech_DanielM
EVGA Tech Support
Re: Experience(s) with Lost Packages? 2021/11/10 06:48:14 (permalink)
Ekghassen
Same thing happened to me today, been waiting on the que system since January and finally got my turn. I just started a claim with UPS , and I do understand this is really frustrating. Should I also contact EVGA support to let them know about the issue , if so how to contact them ? And what are.my options can I can a replacement for it once UPS have things sorted out . Thx 😊

Need to contact us as we are the shipper. While you might be able to bring this up with UPS - only we can ensure the proper claim is filed. 
Ekghassen
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Experience(s) with Lost Packages? 2021/11/10 06:53:19 (permalink)
What is the easiest way to contact EVGA about a lost package. Thank you ☺️
EVGATech_DanielM
EVGA Tech Support
Re: Experience(s) with Lost Packages? 2021/11/10 06:55:39 (permalink)
Send us a email to support@evga.com or call us directly 888 881 3842
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile