Evidence continues to pile up for Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102231
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2019/09/07 00:36:13 (permalink)
https://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matthew-wilson/evidence-continues-to-pile-up-for-red-dead-redemption-2-on-pc/

Many of us PC gaming enthusiasts were disappointed when Rockstar announced Red Dead Redemption 2 as a console exclusive game. The original title never made it beyond Xbox 360 and PS3 and for a while, it looked like the PC crowd would miss out once again. However, evidence is continuing to mount, showing that a PC version of Red Dead Redemption 2 is in the works and could be coming sooner than expected. 

A datamine of the Red Dead Redemption 2 companion app for mobile revealed references to PC-only graphics options that would appear in the game. A conspicuous video leak also showed the Red Dead Redemption 2 PC graphics menu up and running.

Back in July, a freelance level designer going by the name JakoMako51 on Twitter datamined a Rockstar Social Club update, finding references to PC Achievements for Red Dead Redemption 2. Take-Two CEO, Strauss Zelnick, also told investors during an earnings call in June that there would be ‘no downside’ to bringing the game to PC.

With all of that in mind, we could end up getting a surprise announcement from Rockstar any time now. At the rate things are going, it looks like we can expect Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC in 2020.

I think a lot of gamers would look forward to this. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

9 Replies Related Threads

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10098
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Evidence continues to pile up for Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC 2019/09/07 02:37:40 (permalink)
    I have always said we would probably see it as a next generation console port like we saw with GTA V and it would make sense if they are bringing it to PS5 and Microsoft's Project Scarlet they might as well do PC as well. With Xbox One or PS4 graphics in 2020 it would look kind of dated for a PC game compared to what we see as next generation of consoles and probably would be one of the best launch titles for the consoles.  I do feel though that if they are to do a next generation console port they might do something like Undead Nightmare 2 DLC. If they added DLC for the PC and consoles for free as an added bonus vs. charging $29 for it I could see some gamers upgrading to the new pretty version and for PC gamers it would make up for the fact the game didn't get a port at launch.

I know I talk about the next generation of consoles a lot above but really if they are going to add new graphical options for the PC might as well just do the next generation console port as they would support most if not all these graphical options.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

z999z3mystorys
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4480
    • Ribbons : 23
    Re: Evidence continues to pile up for Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC 2019/09/08 13:25:51 (permalink)
    had to doa  double take when I read "Xbox 360 and PS3" and yeah, that's a mistake (by the article writer, not a mis-quote by the OP), it's Xbox one and PS4 that it first released on, because I was sure the game wasn't that old.
    I remember hearing a lot about it, so seeing it on PC would be nice, so I could give it a try.
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10098
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Evidence continues to pile up for Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC 2019/09/08 19:13:28 (permalink)
    z999z3mystorys
    had to doa  double take when I read "Xbox 360 and PS3" and yeah, that's a mistake (by the article writer, not a mis-quote by the OP), it's Xbox one and PS4 that it first released on, because I was sure the game wasn't that old.
    I remember hearing a lot about it, so seeing it on PC would be nice, so I could give it a try.

It’s not a mistake they are talking about the original game being Red Dead Redemption. Though they forget the first game in the series is Red Dead Revolver which came out in on the original Xbox and PS2.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

gutcheck
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3665
    • Ribbons : 9
    Re: Evidence continues to pile up for Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC 2019/09/09 11:23:00 (permalink)
    A shame the master race has to wait for a console game.

3900X 4.5 GHZ on an Asus Hero
    32 GB 3600 MHZ Corsair RGB Pro DDR4 RAM
    1 EVGA 3090 XC3 soon to be Watercooled
    2 2GB Corsair MP600's
    HX1000 with custom sleaving
    Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 23174
    • Ribbons : 39
    Re: Evidence continues to pile up for Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC 2019/09/09 14:04:06 (permalink)
    Rockstar always does a PC version after they've milked the console variants of a game for what they're worth.
    blackforce
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 883
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Evidence continues to pile up for Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC 2019/09/09 17:44:00 (permalink)
    Not a lot of money will be made be a waste of time to port it to pc money wise.
    rchiwawa
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 140
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Evidence continues to pile up for Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC 2019/09/09 19:03:14 (permalink)
    I was pretty annoyed with the Social Club requirement on PC for GTA-V even though my interest was solely single player mode.  After a several hundred hours in and years later, they changed the EULA for social club to expand sharing of all analytics to any party Rockstar wanted at any level of depth granted by the T.O.S.  I was @ 90% completion but the new terms were too much for me to bear.   My limited understanding of the legalese left me rather certain that, though with the promise of anonymity, they had the run of my system processes, inputs, etc. and I was uncomfortable allowing just Rockstar this data and the few specified parties at launch this access but with it being changed to more or less anyone coming at them with enough money I had to write GTA-V and any Rockstar Games title that requires Social Club off as software non-grata.

And I loved Max Payne 3 so it really pained me to cut ties...
    boylerya
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1910
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Evidence continues to pile up for Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC 2019/09/10 23:46:02 (permalink)
    Brad_Hawthorne
    Rockstar always does a PC version after they've milked the console variants of a game for what they're worth.

Not the case with RDR1.

United We Stand...Six Feet Apart.
    Beware Vitamin A Palmitate found in products such as 2%, 1% or Skim Milk: government research
    Garlic is the Antichrist.
    chrisdglong
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7220
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: Evidence continues to pile up for Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC 2019/09/11 00:35:14 (permalink)
    Trying not to do anymore business with Take-Two companies... I don't want them to find any reason to send guys in suits to my house! 
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile