Evga nu gaming

Author
tiago8
  • Total Posts : 7
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/03/26 15:40:57 (permalink)
Hello,
I play FPS games, my favorites are battle royal style. After not playing in the last couple of months, I have now returned to daily gaming. I have the latest evga nu drivers, but the positional sounds feel weird and off. I have to make an effort to figured were the gunshots come from, and if the gunshot is strait forward it becomes blurred with the back, I have to turn my head to understand. I reinstalled everything and is the same. I started to blame the game audio. Today I plugged my old sennheiser gsx1000 just to experience the difference, and the positional sound was great, I could pinpoint everything no matter how far or close. The sound needs more volume, but the gaming experience is much better, in this conditions the evga don’t have a chance.

Does anybody have this bad experience in pinpointing sounds?

9 Replies Related Threads

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Evga nu gaming 2021/03/26 16:39:07 (permalink)
    What model of the NU Audio are you using? Is surround turned on in the NU Audio software? If so try turning it off. I would make sure everything is off that can adjust the audio sounds. Then I would lower the sample rate as some games don't like a super high rate and it can cause problems.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

tiago8
    Re: Evga nu gaming 2021/03/26 18:09:29 (permalink)
    Its the “standard“ model. Everything is off, master volume is on 95% and the headphones volume is on 40%. I leave everything on default, the sample rate is 32bit on default and I have lower it to 24bit but the problem remains.
    its like the sound stage became very small with no sense of distance, when I first got the card I dont remember being this bad, I ditch the gsx1000 for it but Im glad I did not sell it.
    Can it be a driver issue?  
    Vivicector
    • Total Posts : 70
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Evga nu gaming 2021/03/27 04:41:57 (permalink)
    May be some software issue (some other spatial sounds on?) or HW defect, I donno. In Hunt showdown I can easily pinpoint sound source with like 3 degrees precision.
    Try reinstalling the driver.
    tiago8
    Re: Evga nu gaming 2021/03/27 06:15:19 (permalink)
    Everything is off in window. I uninstalled every audio driver with DDU and then uninstalled everything evga nu with revo uninstaller, change slots, installed everything from scratch. And still no perfect accuracy on sound, I have an idea where the sounds are coming from but I have to make an effort to pinpoint them. Where when the gsx1000 they are just natural and there is no doubt where they are coming from
    EVGA_Lee
    • Total Posts : 4247
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: Evga nu gaming 2021/03/29 12:23:42 (permalink)
    It could just be an issue with the way Nahimic interacts with that game.  Which game?  Do you have Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos for Headphones on at the same time as the Nahimic.

And just to rule it out, if you do a test in a game with the surround enabled, do "left"-oriented sounds sound like they're coming from the left and vice-versa?  Basically, I'm making sure that the left and right channels aren't reversed.
    tiago8
    Re: Evga nu gaming 2021/03/29 18:00:43 (permalink)
    The game is PUBG. I have Nahimic to start with windows, is there that I control the volume. Windows Sonic and Atmos are off.

I never experienced reversed left or right sounds, I have tested the right and left channel in windows sound configuration and they work ok.
    What I do experience in game is the straight front and straight back sounds are equal, you have to turn player head to know. And there is no deep in sounds, no visual image. You have an idea where the sound is coming from but you don’t know for sure. All of this don’t happen with the gsx1000. I can trie with the onboard sound too, just to see what happens 
    Vivicector
    Re: Evga nu gaming 2021/03/29 21:26:39 (permalink)
    Hmm... Try uninstalling the Driver and reinstalling without Nahimic at all. To see what will happen.

tiago8
    Re: Evga nu gaming 2021/03/30 12:43:33 (permalink)
    Just uninstall everything with revo uninstaller and reinstalled without Nahimic and it just fixed the positional audio. Now it works how is supposed to.
    The audio utility starts with windows (where the volume can be controlled) and it says Nahimic, so what is the difference not installing Nahimic?

Thank you very much
    Vivicector
    Re: Evga nu gaming 2021/03/31 05:31:21 (permalink)
    tiago8
    Just uninstall everything with revo uninstaller and reinstalled without Nahimic and it just fixed the positional audio. Now it works how is supposed to.
    The audio utility starts with windows (where the volume can be controlled) and it says Nahimic, so what is the difference not installing Nahimic?

Thank you very much

I am glad it helped. It was a wild guess, but I do remember somebody having the same issue. 
    I believe Nahimic features simply won't work at all, despite being listed in the interface. Donno, never tested. Well, Nahimic has nice Mic sound filter, but that is all I use.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile