EVGA

Evga clc 280

Author
osdev25
  • Total Posts : 13
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/12/04 17:25:57 (permalink)
Hi all I need some help as my aio cooler driving me mad. Basically I had it all working before then I changed my case to phanteks enthoo series. So I have push pool config. Plus two fans at the front and two fans at the bottom and one fan by hdd and one fan as exhaust at the back. Fan cables from aoi connected where they should . The one with cpu label is on cpu fan header and the rest are connected To phanteks fan hub which is show as one fan in ai suite 3 but the clc evga logo keeps flashing white and it’s not recognised as valid usb (unknown) I tried every single thing I found on the internet no success any help please I even resintalled the os.

9 Replies Related Threads

osdev25
    Re: Evga clc 280 2017/12/05 01:49:48 (permalink)
    anyone ? 
    tcblack
    • Total Posts : 7
    Re: Evga clc 280 2017/12/05 06:47:32 (permalink)
    It sounds like you need to install the Flow Control software.
    osdev25
    Re: Evga clc 280 2017/12/05 08:52:29 (permalink)
    God knows how many time i installed that thing none stop, 

But i think its do with Phanteks Fan hub not connected properly  , as i heard that for the water cooler to work properly it has to be connected in a specific way 

1. The Hub has six 3-pin ports on its sides for fans, of which one is white for Fan #1. ONLY the fan on this port will have its speed reported to the mobo header you connect this Hub to.
    2. The Hub has ONE 4-pin male connector on one end labelled to connect to your mobo's CPU_FAN header. The unit also comes with ONE cable to make this connection.
    3. On the opposite end the Hub has a male 2-pin connector labeled SATA 12V. The unit comes with ONE cable to connect this port to a SATA power output connector from the PSU. This is how the Hub gets power for all its fans.
    4. The Hub also comes with two 3-pin fan Y-splitters. Each of these MAY be used to connect two fans to one of the six Hub ports. Just do NOT use them with the white Port #1. The Hub's specs say you can use up to 5 splitters so that it can power up to 11 fans - they just include two splitters to get to started if you need them.

Phanteks recommends that you connect the Hub's 4-pin fan input to the mobo CPU_FAN header (and labels the Hub port that way) because this Hub MUST have a genuine PWM signal from a 4-pin mobo header using PWM Mode for control. Unfortunately, SOME current mobos have 4-pin SYS_FAN or CHA_FAN headers intended for case fan ventilation that are NOT true 4-pin headers - they operate in Voltage Control Mode and have a useless 4th pin. To avoid having you use such a mobo header and finding the Hub fails to control its fans, Phnateks advises that you always use the CPU_FAN header because all current mobos use true 4-pin headers for that function, and have them pre-set to use PWM Mode for control. When you do this, you also REALLY MUST follow their related instruction: the actual CPU cooler system MUST be plugged into Hub Port #1 (the White one) so that the speed of THAT fan specifically is sent to the CPU_FAN header for monitoring.

osdev25
    Re: Evga clc 280 2017/12/05 08:53:32 (permalink)
    here is another another : 

The PWM hub functions optimally when modulated by a PWM signal from the motherboard, which will allow the greatest control
    range. However, not all 4-pin motherboard connectors implement true PWM signal modulation.

Connecting the 4-pin to CPU_FAN
    For full PWM functionality, Phanteks’ PWM hub requires users to connect the 4-pin connector to the “CPU_Fan” connector of the motherboard,
    because all motherboard manufacturers implements a PWM signal modulation on this connector. Connect the SATA 12V power to
    power the PWM hub. Not all motherboards have their CPU_Fan connector set on PWM signal modulation by default. Please consult
    your motherboard documentation for this matter.

Connecting the 4-pin to other 4-pin header (besides the CPU_Fan) Other 4-pin connectors can be found on modern motherboards besides
    the “CPU_Fan” connector (e.g. “CPU_Fan2”, “CHA_Fan”, “OPT_Fan”), however not all motherboard manufacturers implement a true PWM
    signal modulation onto these connectors. These type of 4-pin connectors modulate the RPM by voltage, which has a smaller control range
    compared to modulation by true PWM signal.

The 12V SATA power cable can not be used to power the PWM hub if connecting to these types of 4-pin connectors, due to the interference
    with the RPM regulation by voltage (resulting in the fans running on full RPM). The PWM hub will draw its power from the 4-pin connector,
    which is limited to a total device consuming 30W in total.

Important Note:
    1 motherboard connector can only read 1 RPM signal. Therefore, the motherboard will only read the RPM signal from 1 device connected to Fan 1. Y-splitter should not be connected to FAN 1. 

osdev25
    Re: Evga clc 280 2017/12/05 08:56:42 (permalink)
    i will try tonight and report back in case someone got the same issue. 

Note : the reason im doing is because the AIO cooler its way better than i was expecting  , i had Corsair H100 I V2 and  it nearly fried my core i7 5960x , and then it leaked within two months. the CLC 280 is a beast my pros  not passing  25C idle , and  35C on load  with the corsair  my processor used to hit  easy 60C while playing F1 2017 on 4k , this baby here keeps the processor super happy  so i wanna make it  work :) 

osdev25
    Re: Evga clc 280 2017/12/05 10:08:42 (permalink)
    Any one knows why evga logo keeps flushing in white colour ?
    osdev25
    Re: Evga clc 280 2017/12/05 12:54:19 (permalink)
    Here is an update. Took phanteks hub out left only the clc280 and guess what the same problem . Motherboard cable is plugged in into cpu fan header and the fan cable plugged into fans . So has the water pump failed ? Also tubes sleeves came off from the water pump so I’m thinking about getting in touch with scan as water block not even 4 months old
    chrisdglong
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7220
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: Evga clc 280 2017/12/05 21:29:34 (permalink)
    osdev25
    Any one knows why evga logo keeps flushing in white colour ?

Did you contact EVGA?
    osdev25
    Re: Evga clc 280 2017/12/07 10:31:12 (permalink)
    yes i did  , and  they werent much help , telling me to plug the usb into the motherboard  !!! whattttt !!! where my ticket support email says  " USB is plugged in into USB 2,0 header, usb cable changed as well " . so ya i did and to be honest they seem they just wanna replace the thing , they not really bothered about fixing anything  
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile