EVGA

Evga Rma is pretty bad

Author
Nutts
  • Total Posts : 18
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/05/24 14:44:07 (permalink)
Not sure what they do in the RMA department Guess it is not there job.

Youtube Video of RMA Fun Times with EVGA

So the story goes, I had a Evga Z370 board that was having all sorts of problems. it Keep dropping my M.2 Drives.
Some times it would not boot.  It would also just rest the bios at random. I am not going to list all the problems I had.
So I was like Yeah Its time to RMA this board. Plus the silk screening was mislabel on ports for the M.2 and sata ports. That made installing a m.2 a nightmare!
I called Evga told the rep all the problems. He said oh do not worry about the silk screening we will be sending a Z390 your way. I was like ok a Free Upgrade! Yeah sure my Trust with Evga was restored.Or as I thought, at this point. So 3 or 4 weeks later this board Shows up. When I looked in the box, it looked just like my same old board. Really did they just take my board and send it back to me? (I was thinking No they couldn't be this low!). At this point my trust was gone again! I looked at the serial number because at this point the rep Lied to my face. (the Trust was gone). It was not the same one! (Thank gosh I was thinking) I was like No Big Deal he lied, I need to get this Video Done. So we set the stage up, got all our cameras, lights & etc ruining.

We started to shoot and I unbox the Evga Board. I get the Cpu ready and motherboard ready for the Cpu. As I was doing this I seen a off color out of the Conner of my Eye it looked off, one of the pins on the socket. No did they really just send me a RMA Board with bent pins! Well yes they did. Now My problem is if this would have been a costume that did not record there unboxing would evga take the board back?? I can tell from what they state on there site. That they do not take boards back with bent pins. But what do you do if they send you a board with bent pins? This is a trust system right? I know the board I sent them had None. I made sure to fill my SD card full of socket Pictures to prove that it was fine.

This was suppose to be a PC build video. ( I was have a great day, happy as I always love doing pc builds video or not) It turned in to a evga RMA fail & rant video. 90% of the rant was cut I got sick of bleeping words. Then Me going to best buy & spending $400 on a new board :(. I was so upset you could see it in the Video, you could see it in my face. I end up scraping the hole PC Build Video. Wasted about 3 peoples time & a hole day of shooting. But I Did get a EVGA Rma Fail Video out of it.(Perks ?)  This was also the one day I had with a friend that worked in the Film & Tv industry. He was going to show us new stuff & stuff we where doing wrong. All I have to say is I used to love Evga until till all of this happened. If your CSR Reps are going to lie to your customers. You may want to clean house. As this is the fastest way to kill a brand. I can tell you all of the New parts in my Thread ripper build where not evga. This is the type of reaction you will get and the PC community is not very forgiving.

To Evga If you read this or management does your Image is just as Important as having good customer support.
post edited by Nutts - 2020/05/24 15:39:00

Asus x399
2950X Thread Ripper
128Gb DDR4 3000Mhz
Asus 2070 Super

10 Replies Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Evga Rma is pretty bad 2020/05/24 17:52:51 (permalink)
    As I stated in the thread that I locked, this is a warranty issue. I have forwarded this up to EVGA to have them take a look into this.

Could you please explain how the silk screening on the m.2 port made it difficult to install? I don’t quite understand how the silk screening would affect the install.

One thing I would note, for the future. Anytime you RMA a product, inspect the replacement as soon as it arrives. Hopefully EVGA can help you with shipping return for the board so that you don’t lose shipping on the replacement board.
    stalinx20
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4977
    Re: Evga Rma is pretty bad 2020/05/24 20:36:58 (permalink)
    @ scarlet - I think the question is "how is EVGA going to refuse an RMA with bent pins when they're the ones that sent you a motherboard with bent pins from a prior RMA?" I think I got that right. 

EVGA X79 Dark
    2080 Black edition
    EVGA 1000 gold PSU (Gold)
    4820K CPU
    16x G-skill
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Evga Rma is pretty bad 2020/05/24 21:33:34 (permalink)
    Nah, he sent a PM stating that he has no questions, that everything was rhetorical. I think the user fails to understand this is about a warranty issue, and even if he doesn’t want it solved, it still belongs in the warranty section so that the correct person can see it quicker.
    stalinx20
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4977
    Re: Evga Rma is pretty bad 2020/05/25 10:04:21 (permalink)
    But what if EVGA did send a board with bent pins? they won't accept it? 

EVGA X79 Dark
    2080 Black edition
    EVGA 1000 gold PSU (Gold)
    4820K CPU
    16x G-skill
    sparetimepc
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2413
    • Ribbons : 27
    Re: Evga Rma is pretty bad 2020/05/25 15:17:53 (permalink)
    I kinda wish he had shown cutting that seal a little better as in more of a close up view of the seal itself. I also noticed when he pulled it out of box the yellow sticker on the static wrap was not stuck closed so something seems a little bit fishy. 

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Evga Rma is pretty bad 2020/05/26 01:23:57 (permalink)
    stalinx20
    But what if EVGA did send a board with bent pins? they won't accept it? 

If the item was received damaged, EVGA would make it right. That wasn’t the question. The user said that it was damaged when received and even shows the video of the unboxing, but stated he didn’t want EVGA to do anything. *shrugs* the post is in the warranty section and EVGA alerted to get the issue corrected, whether the user wants that or not. The complaint was the warranty process, so EVGA needs to see the info in he correct section to address it properly.
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Evga Rma is pretty bad 2020/05/26 04:48:20 (permalink)
    I will wait for EVGA to respond to the user. The fact that the new build is a AMD Thread Ripper seems to show that he replaced the parts for a full Intel based build he was planning? Not sure on that since I would have replaced just the motherboard myself if I had a CPU sitting around during that RMA window since no store would take it back at that point making the Intel system the way to go. If he still has the CPU and the EVGA motherboard I would be checking with EVGA about an RMA at that point. 

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

oakley999
    • Total Posts : 6
    Re: Evga Rma is pretty bad 2020/05/26 09:40:13 (permalink)
    Same here, OP. EVGA reps lying about a fully tested and certified card from an RMA that has fan issues on the same day of return.. Either that, or poor testing from the EU RMA team. Still waiting for a reply, I haven't even been offered the courtesy of my shipping being paid, instead its assumed I should pay both time and money for other's incompetence.
    Nutts
    • Total Posts : 18
    Re: Evga Rma is pretty bad 2020/05/26 18:36:53 (permalink)
    The new build was a threadripper do to price of the i9s. The new PC is a Video Editing computer. The 8700k is now used for a video and sound ingest Pc.  I had to edit a lot out of the video. I had to re shoot most as I was pretty Mad and did not want to *&#*&( on my channel. The Evga Rep told me 2 times a manger would call me back. I am still waiting. At this point it shows how bad Evga RMA is getting. I hope you have better luck with it then I did. I know back when the 6 sires Nvidia where out I had no problems with the RMA process. But to have 3 different reps lie to my face, means Evga is having problems. I hope evga is a company that keeps there calls recorded. As all they would have to do is look back. This is a pretty common thing for tech company to do, Mostly for training.

Asus x399
    2950X Thread Ripper
    128Gb DDR4 3000Mhz
    Asus 2070 Super

EVGATech_AdamB
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1930
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Evga Rma is pretty bad 2020/05/29 10:24:24 (permalink)
    Hello Nutts! I am sorry to hear about the issue with your motherboard. I looked into your account and do see that an RMA was completed on 2/21/2020 and then you contacted us on 2/29/2020 about the condition of the motherboard. From that conversation, we asked for further information and pictures of the condition of the motherboard but we did not receive any reply. I personally tried contacting you and e-mailed you on 3/2/2020 11:08 AM PST and again on 3/9/2020 3:56 PM PST but did not receive a reply to either of those e-mails. As we were not able to reach you, we could not work on seeing if there could be a resolution on this. I would be happy to e-mail you once again so I can help with looking into the issue for you. Or feel free to call us at 1-888-881-3842 and reference ticket #3710582 and we can assist you via phone.

Like our service? Please provide feedback for us at the link HERE
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile