Europe Labels the Ford Mustang as the Unsafest New Vehicle on the Road

Author
HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4805
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 7
2017/01/28 06:53:38 (permalink)
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2017/01/europe-declares-ford-mustang-unsafest-new-vehicle-road/

So Ford said they’re disappointed by the rating right. But they are not disappointed by the crash performance of their dog of a pony car and not by its woeful lack of advanced safety features. It crashed unacceptably twice and yet they’re disappointed by the rating. Then Ford then proceeded to say: "the Mustang is a safe vehicle meeting, or exceeding, all applicable safety standards globally." Well duh I think they mean ‘compulsory, mandated standards’, not all standards. If it didn’t comply with the woefully inadequate mandated safety standards, it wouldn’t be on sale. If mandated safety standards were even halfway adequate, we would not need a global network of independent NCAP organizations to keep them honest. 

Here is the full Euro NCAP report.
https://www.scribd.com/document/337548849/Euroncap-2017-Ford-Mustang-Datasheet#from_embed

8 Replies Related Threads

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102300
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Europe Labels the Ford Mustang as the Unsafest New Vehicle on the Road 2017/01/28 08:21:32 (permalink)
    Europe has stronger safety requirements than the USA.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Dukman
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1478
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re: Europe Labels the Ford Mustang as the Unsafest New Vehicle on the Road 2017/01/28 08:50:57 (permalink)
    Well most of the S550 platform is a bit disappointing.

Heatware

HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Europe Labels the Ford Mustang as the Unsafest New Vehicle on the Road 2017/01/28 08:52:21 (permalink)
    rjohnson11
    Europe has stronger safety requirements than the USA.

True and that is why Europe is saying its the unsafest new vehicle on the road according to its requirements in the article. But I see that as a good thing that Europe's requirements are stronger. Since they have stronger requirements it shows flaws that probably would of been overlooked from the USA. The harder the test, the more flaws will be shown if any, thus forcing car manufactures to make their vehicles more safer. You can never be too safe and safety is no accident.

candle_86
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3677
    Re: Europe Labels the Ford Mustang as the Unsafest New Vehicle on the Road 2017/01/28 08:52:45 (permalink)
    Eh its europe they know about as much about Pony Cars, as we american's know about mini coopers. Maybe they should stick to what they know
    ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21174
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: Europe Labels the Ford Mustang as the Unsafest New Vehicle on the Road 2017/01/28 12:49:30 (permalink)
    candle_86
    Eh its europe they know about as much about Pony Cars, as we american's know about mini coopers. Maybe they should stick to what they know

That argument doesn't make much sense and reeks of fanboy-ism.  I suggest that you read the articles linked before commenting.

“Ford did not expect Euro NCAP to test the Mustang, and chose not to fit safety technology in Europe, which is available to its American consumers, and available on several other sports cars for that matter,” said Euro NCAP Secretary General Michiel van Ratingen in a statement. “Such an attitude to safety should trouble Ford’s customers, whether they are buying a high-powered muscle car, or a regular family car.
    What really concerns me is that Ford has made a deliberate choice,” stated Matthew Avery. “The car has been designed to score well in less wide-ranging US consumer safety tests and only minor updates have been made to meet required European (pedestrian) safety regulations.

If Ford purposely skimped on equipment and features to make more profit because they didn't think that the car would be re-tested against its US rating, Ford deserves a slap.

But, it is a crappy Mustang after all.  Meh.
    post edited by ty_ger07 - 2017/01/28 12:52:07

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Dukman
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1478
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re: Europe Labels the Ford Mustang as the Unsafest New Vehicle on the Road 2017/01/28 13:10:29 (permalink)
    ty_ger07
    candle_86

That argument doesn't make much sense and reeks of fanboy-ism.  I suggest that you read the articles linked before commenting.

“Ford did not expect Euro NCAP to test the Mustang, and chose not to fit safety technology in Europe, which is available to its American consumers, and available on several other sports cars for that matter,” said Euro NCAP Secretary General Michiel van Ratingen in a statement. “Such an attitude to safety should trouble Ford’s customers, whether they are buying a high-powered muscle car, or a regular family car.
    What really concerns me is that Ford has made a deliberate choice,” stated Matthew Avery. “The car has been designed to score well in less wide-ranging US consumer safety tests and only minor updates have been made to meet required European (pedestrian) safety regulations.

If Ford purposely skimped on equipment and features to make more profit because they didn't think that the car would be re-tested against its US rating, Ford deserves a slap.

But, it is a crappy Mustang after all.  Meh.

Wait... The Europeans can get the car with less garbage on it than we can?   If I could get one without all the nanny devices and stuff, I would actually consider an S550.

Heatware

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21174
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: Europe Labels the Ford Mustang as the Unsafest New Vehicle on the Road 2017/01/28 13:19:59 (permalink)
    Dukman
    Wait... The Europeans can get the car with less garbage on it than we can? 

Wait! A person can read the article linked in the first post!?

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Europe Labels the Ford Mustang as the Unsafest New Vehicle on the Road 2017/01/29 23:27:58 (permalink)
    ty_ger07
    candle_86

I am a fan of Ford and I think many on here know I am based on past post when it comes to automobile threads. But if a company/brand screws up, I dont care who or what it is you have to call them out. I dont get why so many fanboys gets so emotionally invested into a brand. Also I think he fails to realize a bunch of brand automobiles that are tied to a specific country are manufactured in other countries besides their own. Take for example Volkswagen is German but has manufacture plant in Mexico.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile