EVGA you send me bad products back?

Author
Mushen
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/04/09 19:14:35 (permalink)
After returning 2 items to you:

1080 FTW (factory issue VRM overheating)
PSU G2 750w with coil whine.

You send me another gpu back with coilwhine, extreme coilwhine even. Why? My first card was fully functioning and only had the factory VRM overheating issue. I even get coilwhine from moving my mouse, and now you ask me to pay for shipping again, becouse I took to long to send RMA to support. EVGA this is not the way to handle support. You dont treat your customers like this. 
I dont have spare time to handle stuff like this. It shouldnt be an issue.

First off you fool me by selling me a factory faulty GPU, I pay for return shipping and then you send me a worse example back. Comon.. They say EVGA is quality brand with good costumer support. I highly doubt it now and really thinking about not coming back. Your fault, your issue. The laws in my country give me good protection against these kind of issues..

The coilwhine is so extreme it might even be both items failing what do I know...

/Adam
Unhappy customer!

8 Replies Related Threads

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: EVGA you send me bad products back? 2019/04/09 19:17:04 (permalink)
    Welcome to the Forum
    What Country?
    What is the Voltage in your Country?
    Your Country could have faulty Wiring or Poor Grounding.
    How Old is the Wiring in your Country and in your home?
    Are you using a UPS Unit?
    Are you using a Power Conditioner or a Line Conditioner?
    Coil Whine is normal and not a fault of a Product in any Country.
    Not all humans can hear Coil Whine.
    post edited by bcavnaugh - 2019/04/09 19:30:06

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

EVGATech_DanielM
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 1132
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: EVGA you send me bad products back? 2019/04/09 20:09:16 (permalink)
    Most electronic devices will make this noise, but most will make it at a frequency that is inaudible. Coil whine is in no way dangerous to the hardware and will not affect performance or the longevity of the card. You can try to lower it by making sure that you run games with V-Sync or an FPS Cap enabled as the whine is usually heard more loudly when the card is at 200 FPS +. The PSU could be the cause of the coil whine and for that we recommend testing the card in another system to see if you can replicate the issue. 
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10102
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: EVGA you send me bad products back? 2019/04/09 22:14:42 (permalink)
    Was the coil whine issue fixed in the PSU replacement? I am kind of wondering if both are having an issue since it would be rare for two PSU to both have an issue without an underlining issue. It might also be good to try another plug in the house if possible just to see if you still run into the same issue. The EVGA community is always a good source of information to help troubleshoot issues.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Mushen
    Re: EVGA you send me bad products back? 2019/04/10 10:28:40 (permalink)
    ''What Country?''
    : Sweden
    ''What is the Voltage in your Country?''
    : Dont know
    ''Your Country could have faulty Wiring or Poor Grounding.''
    : brand new house with grounding

''How Old is the Wiring in your Country and in your home?''
    : -:-

''Are you using a UPS Unit?''
    : no!

''Are you using a Power Conditioner or a Line Conditioner?''
    : no I just plug it in the wall socket.

''Not all humans can hear Coil Whine.''
    I hear 2 different coilwhine:
    1 high frequent low volume noise when moving mouse. This is at idle. Just browsing internet.
    And the gpu screams when its making work, like high fps or just high usage. Its really loud.
    -------

''It might also be good to try another plug in the house if possible just to see if you still run into the same issue.'':

I have tried different plugs yes, same issue. 

I RMAd the first PSU for weird coilwhine/fan issue. My GPU was fine.

------
    ''You can try to lower it by making sure that you run games with V-Sync or an FPS Cap enabled as the whine is usually heard more loudly when the card is at 200 FPS +''

Sure high fps causing issue, but FPS caps and V-sync is not an option for me. Like I said, my first card had no problems at all.

''The PSU could be the cause of the coil whine and for that we recommend testing the card in another system to see if you can replicate the issue.''
    I only have 1 system, and all parts are brand new except the GPU.
    JacobB
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 522
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: EVGA you send me bad products back? 2019/04/12 11:17:55 (permalink)
    Hello,

Sometimes you can put the card under load for an extended period of time to help fix this issue. If you run a stress test of Unigine Heaven or Valley benchmarks on high for a period of 8-12 hours, this could help fix the issue. Please note that you should keep your fans at 100% for this, to ensure the card stays cool.

I would recommend trying this to see if this helps your issue. Please keep us updated!

-Jacob B.
    Demicore
    • Total Posts : 10
    Re: EVGA you send me bad products back? 2019/04/19 06:22:41 (permalink)
    Coil whine when moving the mouse? Are you sure this is not some other kind of electrical problem, perhaps related to the motherboard? Do you get that noise when the speakers / headset are turned off?
    Mushen
    Re: EVGA you send me bad products back? 2019/04/19 19:34:07 (permalink)
    EVGATech_JacobB
    Hello,

Sometimes you can put the card under load for an extended period of time to help fix this issue. If you run a stress test of Unigine Heaven or Valley benchmarks on high for a period of 8-12 hours, this could help fix the issue. Please note that you should keep your fans at 100% for this, to ensure the card stays cool.

I would recommend trying this to see if this helps your issue. Please keep us updated!

-Jacob B.

8-12 hours of benchmarks, no thanks. 

I have no speakers, yes its the same when headset is not plugged in. MB is Gigabyte 390 Aorus Master
    wmmills
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5679
    • Ribbons : 40
    Re: EVGA you send me bad products back? 2019/04/19 21:02:56 (permalink)
    Mushen
    ''What Country?''
    : Sweden
    ''What is the Voltage in your Country?''
    : Dont know
    ''Your Country could have faulty Wiring or Poor Grounding.''
    : brand new house with grounding

''How Old is the Wiring in your Country and in your home?''
    : -:-

''Are you using a UPS Unit?''
    : no!

''Are you using a Power Conditioner or a Line Conditioner?''
    : no I just plug it in the wall socket.

''Not all humans can hear Coil Whine.''
    I hear 2 different coilwhine:
    1 high frequent low volume noise when moving mouse. This is at idle. Just browsing internet.
    And the gpu screams when its making work, like high fps or just high usage. Its really loud.
    -------

''It might also be good to try another plug in the house if possible just to see if you still run into the same issue.'':

I have tried different plugs yes, same issue. 

I RMAd the first PSU for weird coilwhine/fan issue. My GPU was fine.

------
    ''You can try to lower it by making sure that you run games with V-Sync or an FPS Cap enabled as the whine is usually heard more loudly when the card is at 200 FPS +''

Sure high fps causing issue, but FPS caps and V-sync is not an option for me. Like I said, my first card had no problems at all.

''The PSU could be the cause of the coil whine and for that we recommend testing the card in another system to see if you can replicate the issue.''
    I only have 1 system, and all parts are brand new except the GPU.

Brand new house doesn't mean that things were installed correctly or that a ground isn't all the way screwed in etc... builders are notorious for cutting corners especially if theres a time bonus involved. Swedens power is 230/50hz too in case any one asks you again. Its the weekend anyway so why not do the 10 hours of testing cause you cant send a rma until Monday anyway and then youll have to wait 5-10 days depending on circumstances to get it back. A 10 hour test sounds awful appealing now to me!

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
    http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
     Help Our Vets From K-2!
    [link=https://strongholdfreedom
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile