EVGA

EVGA should remove all EU notifications.

Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Author
alucardu
  • Total Posts : 37
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Flagged as Spam (1)
2021/06/22 00:02:37 (permalink)
In 3 weeks there have been 3 confirmed cards send to Europe. After that there were 2 elite members notified 2 but they couldn't finish their checkout and EVGA did not assist them in any meaningful way. They have cancelled they're notifications and bought from a retailer where they had to overpay a few hundred euro's. Because evga does send cards to retailers so they're customers can get scalped. I understand they have contracts but it still stings 100 percent of allotted cards go to retail for EU.

There has been zero communication regarding these issues. The most we got is that they're looking how to improve the Europe situation. This was last week, no further updates and we only get updates if we all complain. There's been some tweets from EVGA stating, if you're in the queue you will get a card. Words are wind. Without any meaningful actions it doesn't mean anything.

I understand they can not promise x cards in x weeks. But seeing how that communicate with US where there's weekly update on drops does make it even more frustrating.

Maybe EVGA tried there best with the EU queue, i hope so. But the execution of it has been frustrating at best and people leaving the brand at worst.

So EVGA go ahead and cancel all EU notifications or actually do something meaningful this week.

Ps. For all US gamers who have their cards from EVGA I am genuinely happy for you and I have zero quarrel with you. I understand EVGA is a US based company and that you are the primary market. But that doesn't excuse the fact how they've treated loyal EU customers.

Gamers don't have borders.

71 Replies Related Threads

Red_Infern013
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 218
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: EVGA should remove all EU notifications. 2021/06/22 01:16:44 (permalink)
    The whole point of evga don't care about eu has been beaten to death for months now so I'm not gonna comment on it. But I'm genuinely curious. Is it hard for a company like evga to say allocate a 1000 cards every month towards the queue? Tomshardware's "gpu sales report q4 2020" article mentions shipments of nvidia Discrete GPUs in 2020 was at 31.9 million cards, say 30 million for simplicity's sake. Divided among say 20 AIBs that's 1.5million cards per AIB in a year, that's 50000 cards per month. I understand that's not how things actually work but if an AIB is able to sell an average of 50k cards every month. I'd expect setting aside 2k, one for US queue and one for EU queue isn't that hard to accomplish.

I'm using evag as an example but what I wrote isn't targeting them specifically. If nvidia, amd, or their AIBs wanted to get cards in the hands of gamers I believe they could've done so with ease. Shortage or not. But what do I know, literally. I've no problem paying scalper price since the 3080 launched back in September but I refuse to do so (it feels immoral to me). Hope things get better soon.

post edited by Red_Infern013 - 2021/06/22 01:18:49

AMD R9 3900x || Deepcool Gamer Storm Assassin III CPU Air Cooler || Asus ROG Strix RTX 2060s Evo || MSI B450 Tomahawk Max ||  2x8gb Crucial Ballistix 3200Mhz || 1TB SanDisk Ultra 3d SATA SSD || EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G1+
    random_matt
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2040
    Re: EVGA should remove all EU notifications. 2021/06/22 01:36:26 (permalink)
    Threads are getting boring now, we know the EU gets the short end of the stick. It is what it is, you buy something else or wait for eternity. 

Corsair 5000D Airflow | EVGA 1000 G6 | EVGA X570 FTW | Ryzen 5800X | EVGA 360 CLC | Corsair 4000MHz 32GB|
    Corsair MP600 2TB | EVGA 3080 Ti FTW Hybrid | Alienware AW2721D | Windows 11

Zixinus
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 165
    Re: EVGA should remove all EU notifications. 2021/06/22 02:49:03 (permalink)
    I am in agreement. Either EVGA should allocate more cards to EU so there is regular movement (even if its smaller than NA, but at least consistent) or just cancel the queue system that they cannot  (or do not want to) fulfill. Older members have remarked that this is not a new phenomenon to the EU store.

EVGA should provide the actual services it offers or stop offering services it can't provide.

I do not like the possibility that my queue position is going to be trashed, but I'd prefer that to a false promise.
    Sparkie321
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: EVGA should remove all EU notifications. 2021/06/22 02:53:22 (permalink)
    Agreed, the current situation is just a huge waste of peoples time and doesn't do EVGA's reputation any good.
    NC_Netrunner
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re: EVGA should remove all EU notifications. 2021/06/22 03:50:36 (permalink)
    I am european and waiting in queue.
    A queue is what it is, a queue.
    Can be fast or slow but is something at least.
    Many reseller in my country have a queue but you do not have a guaranteed price and you have to immediately allocate some money to get access to a queue that is not faster than this.
    You surely need patience but you do not pay anything being in EVGA queue and you can searche everywhere and cancel your notify if you find something better in another place.
    Surely i am not happy to wait but i surely want to remainb in queue and if someone else will cancel his interest i will be a little closer to my card.
    You do not lose anything waiting in queue, it can be painful but i am against the elimination of european queue
    Unfortunately we do not known anithing about the real distribution of products USA vs EU and we can only theorize about motivations and time, the prize will be for the most patient in the end.. or maybe with the chinese hostility against value mining and a possible end of semiconductors shortage europe will be flooded by GPU
    The hope is free

ShredderZX
    • Total Posts : 95
    Re: EVGA should remove all EU notifications. 2021/06/22 03:53:50 (permalink)
    Yall should watch the series named "iron fist" on netflix.. it is boring concerning super powers BUT it will teach you something about big companies.. watch it and then you will see why a company does not care for a few euros it misses.. now if you take millions of euros from them through boycotting them or something? THEN theyll give you all the attention like a harlot but if you stop paying that harlot POOF no more attention.. and there it was you THOUGHT she loved you hahahaha.. dummy.. it turns out she loved that shiny money of yours HAHAHA!!! (stop her income and shell be begging your attention again)
    Outofstock4ever
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 210
    Re: EVGA should remove all EU notifications. 2021/06/22 04:28:39 (permalink)
    The EU queue is just a shady way of getting European customers to their site, to their brand. They seem to have no intention of sending us cards. That seems obvious.

It's sleazy corporate tactics nothing more.

EU- 12G-P5-3657-KR     2/25/2021 9:01:27 AM PT
    EU - 08G-P5-3751-KR     2/22/2021 12:11:04 PM PT    
    EU - 08G-P5-3663-KR     1/25/2021 8:05:36 AM PT
    Sahira
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 161
    Re: EVGA should remove all EU notifications. 2021/06/22 04:56:19 (permalink)
    Totally agree with everything you guys said.
    lol999
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 166
    Flagged as Spam (1)
    Re: EVGA should remove all EU notifications. 2021/06/22 05:07:09 (permalink)
    Yeah well so true

Please help Baby Yoda for his next GPU!!!

Use this code for your next purchase and get a bonus:
    LA59WRSKFIG4ZLF
    Marian0
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re: EVGA should remove all EU notifications. 2021/06/22 06:18:13 (permalink)
    I understand that we still in GPUs shortage. I understand contracts with retailers have more priority for EVGA than queue. But sending few 3080 ti, none 3070 ti (not mentioning 3080 and 3070) and not a single information what is the situation is unacceptable. Spamming their forum won't give you much (unless you want elite status). You want to be heard - start boycotting EVGA products and complain how they treat EU customers in social media. Nothing mobilize a corporation for action like bad PR.
    post edited by Marian0 - 2021/06/22 07:58:47
    TrekCZ
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 417
    Re: EVGA should remove all EU notifications. 2021/06/22 06:24:18 (permalink)
    1. Moderator should ban users that create the same topics over and over. There should be only one EU availability thread.
    2. Evga is supplying retailers in EU, because - at least in my country - Evga was never popular until retailers started selling Evga cards, queue system is bonus for chosen one
    3. Many of complainers here are not Evga fans and never have been, you just want to seize opportunity for buying card and possibly scalp said card on eBay
    4. Stop spamming Evga forums
    5. And already some retailer employees confirmed massive drop of Evga cards and it is happening now, retail is priority, queue second, because as I said Evga was never popular here until they worked with retailers

post edited by TrekCZ - 2021/06/22 06:28:54
    alucardu
    Re: EVGA should remove all EU notifications. 2021/06/22 06:38:04 (permalink)
    NC_Netrunner
    I am european and waiting in queue.
    A queue is what it is, a queue.
    Can be fast or slow but is something at least.
    Many reseller in my country have a queue but you do not have a guaranteed price and you have to immediately allocate some money to get access to a queue that is not faster than this.
    You surely need patience but you do not pay anything being in EVGA queue and you can searche everywhere and cancel your notify if you find something better in another place.
    Surely i am not happy to wait but i surely want to remainb in queue and if someone else will cancel his interest i will be a little closer to my card.
    You do not lose anything waiting in queue, it can be painful but i am against the elimination of european queue
    Unfortunately we do not known anithing about the real distribution of products USA vs EU and we can only theorize about motivations and time, the prize will be for the most patient in the end.. or maybe with the chinese hostility against value mining and a possible end of semiconductors shortage europe will be flooded by GPU
    The hope is free

A queue is only a queue if there's progress. Otherwise it's just a line. 3 weeks is a long time to have 0 updates.
    mdb983
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 108
    Re: EVGA should remove all EU notifications. 2021/06/22 06:47:25 (permalink)
    Marian0
    I understand that we still in GPUs shortage. I understand contracts with retailers have more priority for EVGA than queue. But sending few 3080 ti, none 3070 ti (not mentioning 3080 and 3070) and not a single information what is the situation is unacceptable. Spamming their forum won't give you much (unless you want elite status). You want to be heard - start boycotting EVGA products and complain how they treat EU customers in social media. Nothing spurs a corporation for action like bad PR.

Name one other AIB that even offers a queue? If i were EVGA i'd think what's the point trying to help these people when all they do is make threats! Get real, it's a queue, filled as and when their existing commitments allow. In an ideal world, there wouldn't be a gpu shortage, the reality remains that demand outweighs supply. You say   

In life you have a choice, go buy one for 200% msrp and stop complaining, or wait patiently like everyone else. No one owes you anything! You contribute nothing to this forum, your account has 2 posts, both negative, and yet you believe that EVGA should make YOU a priority. There are countless people that have benefited from the queue, able to buy cards at msrp which they wouldn't have been able to get were it not for the evga queue system. If you had been one of those people, i'm sure you would have a different view. 
    alucardu
    Flagged as Spam (1)
    Re: EVGA should remove all EU notifications. 2021/06/22 06:58:30 (permalink)
    mdb983
    Marian0
    I understand that we still in GPUs shortage. I understand contracts with retailers have more priority for EVGA than queue. But sending few 3080 ti, none 3070 ti (not mentioning 3080 and 3070) and not a single information what is the situation is unacceptable. Spamming their forum won't give you much (unless you want elite status). You want to be heard - start boycotting EVGA products and complain how they treat EU customers in social media. Nothing spurs a corporation for action like bad PR.

Name one other AIB that even offers a queue? If i were EVGA i'd think what's the point trying to help these people when all they do is make threats! Get real, it's a queue, filled as and when their existing commitments allow. In an ideal world, there wouldn't be a gpu shortage, the reality remains that demand outweighs supply. You say   

In life you have a choice, go buy one for 200% msrp and stop complaining, or wait patiently like everyone else. No one owes you anything! You contribute nothing to this forum, your account has 2 posts, both negative, and yet you believe that EVGA should make YOU a priority. There are countless people that have benefited from the queue, able to buy cards at msrp which they wouldn't have been able to get were it not for the evga queue system. If you had been one of those people, i'm sure you would have a different view. 

Threats? Chill, we're just using our right to complain about the current situation.

The EU queue means nothing if they don't send cards. If they would send 4 cards a week people wouldn't complain this much. But they don't do anything. And what does post count mean? Maybe he had purchased for thousands of euro's of EVGA equipment.
    TrekCZ
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 417
    Re: EVGA should remove all EU notifications. 2021/06/22 07:07:15 (permalink)
    alucardu, your activity on this forum is not about complaints, you came here to harm. You have not participated in Evga forums with anything useful.
    mdb983
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 108
    Re: EVGA should remove all EU notifications. 2021/06/22 07:13:53 (permalink)
    alucardu
    mdb983
    Marian0

Threats? Chill, we're just using our right to complain about the current situation.

The EU queue means nothing if they don't send cards. If they would send 4 cards a week people wouldn't complain this much. But they don't do anything. And what does post count mean? Maybe he had purchased for thousands of euro's of EVGA equipment.

Right to complain? What right? oh, you mean your sense of entitlement! It's a queue with no guarantee or promise. Perhaps a different approach might work better than threatening to post on social media and boycott their products.

Posts- read what I said, no contribution. 

purchases - Maybe he didn't - but I bet he would jump on a purchase if he received a notification. 

Go ahead, name another AIB that has even come close to offering gpu's at msrp in this market, and has actually delivered to thousands of buyers! - Geesh, all about me, me, me.
    Red_Infern013
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 218
    Re: EVGA should remove all EU notifications. 2021/06/22 07:15:51 (permalink)
    TrekCZ
    1. Moderator should ban users that create the same topics over and over. There should be only one EU availability thread.
    2. Evga is supplying retailers in EU, because - at least in my country - Evga was never popular until retailers started selling Evga cards, queue system is bonus for chosen one
    3. Many of complainers here are not Evga fans and never have been, you just want to seize opportunity for buying card and possibly scalp said card on eBay
    5. And already some retailer employees confirmed massive drop of Evga cards and it is happening now, retail is priority, queue second, because as I said Evga was never popular here until they worked with retailers

You actually make good points and I agree with them all except for number three. Many here want a GPU, a single one, at a fair price. Scalpers aren't gonna bother complain about not getting a GPU, they're already able to get GPUs and have their own ways of doing so. I have bought EVGA products but I'm not a fan of any company really. Whoever has my best interest as a consumer in mind I'll cheer them and say "that's a good company", and I'll most likely buy their products again until proven otherwise. Some people act like you owe these companies your loyalty. May I remind you you pay them your hard earned money for the products they make, they don't give them to you for free.

The main issue here is not the lack of gpus allocated to the queue, though getting gpus to the people in queue would stop them complaining. The main issue is the lack of information. You enter the queue and whether you got in the first few seconds or months later, you have ZERO clue where you are in the queue, how long before they start shipping gpus, how long you're most likely gonna spend in queue before getting your gpu. That's what's frustrating.

Me personally all I'm asking for is some form of time frame so I can make the decision between waiting for my turn in queue, or go buy from somewhere else.

Edit: Again, I agree that new posts complaining about the queue should be closed, there are so many of them that they're basically spam at this point. The queue tracking threads are enough for that purpose in my opinions. Actually a separate complaints forum isn't a bad idea either ;)

post edited by Red_Infern013 - 2021/06/22 07:39:39

AMD R9 3900x || Deepcool Gamer Storm Assassin III CPU Air Cooler || Asus ROG Strix RTX 2060s Evo || MSI B450 Tomahawk Max ||  2x8gb Crucial Ballistix 3200Mhz || 1TB SanDisk Ultra 3d SATA SSD || EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G1+
    Lukas82
    • Total Posts : 58
    Re: EVGA should remove all EU notifications. 2021/06/22 07:42:09 (permalink)
    TrekCZ

EVGA was popular in EU for long time, im personaly big fan for years even tho i registered on website only in 2018. I feel like i have right to complain because the way they treat EU makes fans like me want to quit and never look back, i dont want that, probably most people here dont want that, maybe the way they express it is not the best, but i am sure in most cases this is the main reason for complains. If you look carefully, there is loads of people like me, i dont even have  100 post, been registered for years, and we got elite status because we simply been supporting this company. What we get in return is just dissapointment so  theres that, frustration and complains.

If you think that scalpers bother to complain over and over to get that 1 single card then sorry but that makes you look realy silly.

You have your card, im 1000% sure that if you didnt get it,  you would be one of us complainers.
    post edited by Lukas82 - 2021/06/22 07:43:59
    alucardu
    Re: EVGA should remove all EU notifications. 2021/06/22 07:44:13 (permalink)
    TrekCZ

My first topic on this issue.

If EVGA was never populair than why open up a elite queue? To gain popularity? Well they missed that opportunity.

Post count does not equal brand loyalty.

I'm not spamming.

Again, why would they open a queue if they were never populair?
    Outofstock4ever
    Superclocked Member
    Re: EVGA should remove all EU notifications. 2021/06/22 08:54:30 (permalink)
    the queue made by EVGA doesn't work for Europe, dispite the best efforts in creating the queue, it is a queue only in name, it gives out no gpu's especially compared to the real queue created by EVGA for the US. So i'm forced to agree completely with the OP and i can't understand why EVGA would do this.

Sahira
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 161
    Re: EVGA should remove all EU notifications. 2021/06/22 09:12:55 (permalink)
    mdb983
    There are countless people that have benefited from the queue, able to buy cards at msrp which they wouldn't have been able to get were it not for the evga queue system. 

Not in EU they aren't.

TrekCZ
    1. And already some retailer employees confirmed massive drop of Evga cards and it is happening now, retail is priority, queue second, because as I said Evga was never popular here until they worked with retailers

Again, not in EU. This thread is specifically about EU notifications, we ain't interested in drops outside our zone of interest.
    Strachkvas1
    • Total Posts : 27
    Re: EVGA should remove all EU notifications. 2021/06/22 09:52:07 (permalink)
    alucardu
    In 3 weeks there have been 3 confirmed cards send to Europe. After that there were 2 elite members notified 2 but they couldn't finish their checkout and EVGA did not assist them in any meaningful way. They have cancelled they're notifications and bought from a retailer where they had to overpay a few hundred euro's. Because evga does send cards to retailers so they're customers can get scalped. I understand they have contracts but it still stings 100 percent of allotted cards go to retail for EU.

There has been zero communication regarding these issues. The most we got is that they're looking how to improve the Europe situation. This was last week, no further updates and we only get updates if we all complain. There's been some tweets from EVGA stating, if you're in the queue you will get a card. Words are wind. Without any meaningful actions it doesn't mean anything.

I understand they can not promise x cards in x weeks. But seeing how that communicate with US where there's weekly update on drops does make it even more frustrating.

Maybe EVGA tried there best with the EU queue, i hope so. But the execution of it has been frustrating at best and people leaving the brand at worst.

So EVGA go ahead and cancel all EU notifications or actually do something meaningful this week.

Ps. For all US gamers who have their cards from EVGA I am genuinely happy for you and I have zero quarrel with you. I understand EVGA is a US based company and that you are the primary market. But that doesn't excuse the fact how they've treated loyal EU customers.

Gamers don't have borders.

I am sorry that you feel this way, but it is what it is. I am grateful for this opportunity, because in my country retailers are selling GPUs for ridiculous prices for example RTX 2080 Ti for 4922 USD (see here)! I do not mind waiting for GPU for normal price. I see that America gets much better allocation of GPUs, but you cannot really blame EVGA for that. They are US based after all.
    If you do not like this system, you do not have to participate in it. Please, do not ruin this opportunity for the rest of us.

Good luck buying what you want :)

(EU) - 12G-P5-3657-KR 2/25/2021 9:03:09 AM PT No
    With rest I am so far behind in the queue, it is not worth mentioning.

CPU: AMD 5950X overclocked with PBO
    RAM: 2 x Team T-FORCE Xtreem ARGB Gaming 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 overclocked to 3800 MHz CL14
    MOBO: B550 AORUS PRO V2
    GPU: old GTX 1080 (waiting for something new from EVGA).

Outofstock4ever
    Superclocked Member
    Re: EVGA should remove all EU notifications. 2021/06/22 09:58:37 (permalink)
    Being US based or not is no excuse. Like BMW only sends cars to Europe or Coke only sells in the US, that doesn't make any sense.

But that's not even that what we are discussing, the question is why making a EU queue in the 1st place? as i see it only to give false hope to people that are desperate for gpu's, that's not right to toy with people's emotions like that. Every single European that entered the queue was obviosly expecting some gpu's to come our way.

hfine78
    • Total Posts : 89
    Re: EVGA should remove all EU notifications. 2021/06/22 10:04:09 (permalink)
    Outofstock4ever
    Being US based or not is no excuse. Like BMW only sends cars to Europe or Coke only sells in the US, that doesn't make any sense.

But that's not even that what we are discussing, the question is why making a EU queue in the 1st place? as i see it only to give false hope to people that are desperate for gpu's, that's not right to toy with people's emotions like that. Every single European that entered the queue was obviosly expecting some gpu's to come our way.

Your emotions are your own. If you don’t think you’ll get a card, then stop worrying about it and try and find one another way. If you feel like EVGA won’t ever get around to customers in the EU, then why bother checking how the queue progresses? Just move on, and don’t let it bother you.
    Outofstock4ever
    Superclocked Member
    Re: EVGA should remove all EU notifications. 2021/06/22 10:08:56 (permalink)
    hfine78
    Your emotions are your own. If you don’t think you’ll get a card, then stop worrying about it and try and find one another way. If you feel like EVGA won’t ever get around to customers in the EU, then why bother checking how the queue progresses? Just move on, and don’t let it bother you.

what a weird mentality, if a company is doing something wrong shouldn't you complain to make them change their behaviour, are you come from a former comunist contry or something like that?

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102300
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: EVGA should remove all EU notifications. 2021/06/22 10:13:28 (permalink)
    Video cards worldwide are in very short supply from all manufacturers. You can find some EVGA cards at various European retailers, but the prices far exceed MSRP. Right now the only way to get an EVGA video card at MSRP is to enter the queue and be very patient for months. 

If anyone in Europe doesn't mind paying far over MSRP then just let me know via a PM and I'll try my best to find you a card online. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

criskoe
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 109
    Re: EVGA should remove all EU notifications. 2021/06/22 10:21:21 (permalink)
    Its so interesting how some are acting like they are contractually LOCKED into EVGA just cause they made a little queue that's not moving and hasn't moved. Having conversations with them is a waste of time... They just continue to act like their life has some how been immensely impacted and jeopardized cause of EVGA and that they have been lied to, cheated and taken advantage of somehow.. They dont realize that they can totally cancel their "Fraudulent and Emotional toying" queue position themselves. And then click a magical button on their internet browser and delete EVGA as a bookmark and never go back to it and buy from evga again.. But no. Even after MONTHS on EU getting the short end of the stick, THEY WANT ANSWERS! LOL...  They sure are suckers for punishment... 
    Outofstock4ever
    Superclocked Member
    Re: EVGA should remove all EU notifications. 2021/06/22 10:27:38 (permalink)
    rjohnson11
    Video cards worldwide are in very short supply from all manufacturers. You can find some EVGA cards at various European retailers, but the prices far exceed MSRP. Right now the only way to get an EVGA video card at MSRP is to enter the queue and be very patient for months. 

If anyone in Europe doesn't mind paying far over MSRP then just let me know via a PM and I'll try my best to find you a card online. 

in Europe at this pace i would say we have to be very patient for years not months. Have you check the pacing of the EU queues?

hfine78
    • Total Posts : 89
    Re: EVGA should remove all EU notifications. 2021/06/22 10:28:37 (permalink)
    Outofstock4ever
    hfine78

what a weird mentality, if a company is doing something wrong shouldn't you complain to make them change their behaviour, are you come from a former comunist contry or something like that?

I think complaining is justified, but clearly they won’t magically have more gpu’s allocated to the EU just because some people complain. I think sitting in the queue and expecting it to move week after week is an unhealthy way to spend your time. Everyone should save themselves some heartache and not worry about it, because worrying and complaining won’t make the queue move faster.
    Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile