EVGA

EVGA score

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 13
Author
meeggtoast
  • Total Posts : 12
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA score 2022/01/12 12:41:41 (permalink)
ty_ger07
meeggtoast
ty_ger07
meeggtoast
My issue is there are scalpers and botters with high scores, what's stopping them to refer their own accounts?

I'm not sure that I believe that is true. It looks like there are some people with a scorched earth campaign who are providing false information.

I met people who use multiple new accounts to funnel evga bucks to themselves, what stops botters from doing the same to their main and alts?

1) Alternate accounts are against this website's terms of service. Therefore, technically illegal : wire fraud. EVGA also supposedly has ways of finding and terminating such accounts.

2) What would they be doing to earn bucks in the first place? Associates codes? That is a tiny reward compared to how much they would need to buy. Doesn't seem worth it. And seems being able to buy many is a problem in the first place. Doesn't seem very plausible.

Just because its Illegal, doesn't mean they don't do it already. Look on the spreadsheet, people with multiple accounts. Look in the revisions theres people who literally said outloud they got multiple accs, wheres EVGA's accountability?

I hope you realize they don't actually buy to care about the 3% to them its just free money, its not hard to add the associate code to a purchase link.

For them its just free money on their main account they can use for the next card they scalp. You seriously underestimate how much botting there are.
jondoughe
  • Total Posts : 11
Re: EVGA score 2022/01/12 12:46:53 (permalink)
It will be interesting to see how the tier works out. My guess is my 6 is getting lumped in with the zeros. Would be awesome if EVGA would put out some info besides a number. 6 compared to these other posts is likely horrible, but it these are the outliers and 0's are more common, maybe being 6-20 isn't so bad. At any rate, seems we are in the same boat as the last queue when it comes to having some sort of time frame or point of reference for where we are in the queue. 

Check me out on YouTube

EVGA Code

EVGA Peripherals

Kindachi
  • Total Posts : 27
Re: EVGA score 2022/01/12 12:48:37 (permalink)
Sonikku13
bill1024
Sonikku13
meeggtoast
My issue is there are scalpers and botters with high scores, what's stopping them to refer their own accounts?

Nothing. People already do that.

I am not sure what this means, refer your account. 
Refer what to who? What would that do for you?

Well, I said what I said cause I feel Queue 3.0 rewards people who already have cards.

Indirectly, I'm aware of the existence of five figure EVGA Scores from people who run stock notification services, such as Falcodrin, cause their links for B-Stock have their associates code embedded.
Miners love EVGA B-Stock cause FHR cards drop on there from time to time. And if the associates code is embedded in the link, the buyer gets a discount, the referrer gets EVGA Bucks.

Restrictions on B-Stock are account based to my knowledge.

Yep, the big stock notifiers will definitely form the top tier of EVGA bucks, and there might be some of the scalper bot circles too, but I doubt they would have near the same volume as the aforementioned notifiers. Next tier I presume are probably going to be folks with a lot of social media followers, and maybe some of the more helpful/popular users in the various discords/forums that people want to use associate codes for. No idea how many multi-account users could've slipped through the cracks, though. Also no idea how many family/friend circles were actively trying to seek a bunch of EVGA hardware and using one of their associate codes.

Please use my Associate Code at your checkouts for up to 10% discounts on all your EVGA purchases: QGMV03E4VCWPXTT
meeggtoast
Re: EVGA score 2022/01/12 12:48:37 (permalink)
You know people genned accounts just for that sweet sweet evga lottery spin 40% off code?

Honestly, EVGA should just hire a data analyst, scrub their SQL Database on accounts with 90% address match and name match so they can find all the abusers.

It doesn't take much to do basic anti botting/scalping measures, but 3.0 queue did not do that.
madsci1016
  • Total Posts : 16
Re: EVGA score 2022/01/12 12:48:52 (permalink)
2 sets of mice / keyboards, 2 PSUs, a single 3000 series GPU for a score of 24. 

Was an hour late to the 80 12GB queue signup. 

But just got the notify. For a data point. 
Sonikku13
  • Total Posts : 35
Re: EVGA score 2022/01/12 12:53:17 (permalink)
meeggtoast
ty_ger07
meeggtoast
ty_ger07
meeggtoast

I'm not sure that I believe that is true. It looks like there are some people with a scorched earth campaign who are providing false information.

I met people who use multiple new accounts to funnel evga bucks to themselves, what stops botters from doing the same to their main and alts?

1) Alternate accounts are against this website's terms of service. Therefore, technically illegal : wire fraud. EVGA also supposedly has ways of finding and terminating such accounts.

2) What would they be doing to earn bucks in the first place? Associates codes? That is a tiny reward compared to how much they would need to buy. Doesn't seem worth it. And seems being able to buy many is a problem in the first place. Doesn't seem very plausible.

Just because its Illegal, doesn't mean they don't do it already. Look on the spreadsheet, people with multiple accounts. Look in the revisions theres people who literally said outloud they got multiple accs, wheres EVGA's accountability?

I hope you realize they don't actually buy to care about the 3% to them its just free money, its not hard to add the associate code to a purchase link.

For them its just free money on their main account they can use for the next card they scalp. You seriously underestimate how much botting there are.

This, this, this.

You have EVGA giving away Elite like candy. Any used serial number = Elite? That's surely not gonna be abused.
You also have a chance at a coupon code for 40% off a GPU as a first time Elite member. That's surely not gonna be abused either.

EVGA Associates Code: FZIRLZR4QBEK4WU
avacdavison
  • Total Posts : 34
Re: EVGA score 2022/01/12 13:00:14 (permalink)
I have some idea at what EVGA is trying to do here - get the cards into the hands of customers who will actually use the cards for gaming, as opposed to miners and scalpers. And given the bots that both those groups use, deprioritizing notification date position does help with that. However, I wonder if the ultimate implementation causes just as many, or more, problems for those not part of the elite influencers.

In the old system, if you aren't someone who gets lots of ribbons, or refer lots of people, or get your associate's code used tons, you could have a chance at a card if you got in early enough. Not a great chance (given bots), but still a chance. Now, if your EVGA score is low, you may very well have a closer to zero chance than you had before. Also, limiting the product influence on a score to the past 3 years means that a lot of people may not have their products make a difference at all, given that from my experience, most people wait at least 3-4 years between getting GPUs (which are the highest-ticket items and thus, influence the score the most). 

If the severe supply crunch only lasts another year or two, then the queue will become far less important. However, if the lack of supply is here to stay due to the scalper culture (which has now even spread to foodstuffs), then if you don't get high-ticket items and are not an major presence on the forums, you stay at the bottom of the list, with no significant way to get out. Thus rendering Queue 3.0 useless for such people.

When I put in notifications for 30-series cards at launch, I was very focused - which card did I want, and at what price point. Thus, I went for the 3080 XCs. At the time, I had no idea that they would end up being produced in such minimal quantities due to profit margin. Once I found out about that, it was too late to get onto queues for similar level cards and have a significant chance at getting a card. Even after adding notifications for other cards did not bring me much closer to a card. Also, another limitation for me is that it doesn't make much sense to get a card that's weaker than my current one (a 2070 normal). That means right now, a 3070 or higher. I eventually cancelled all of my notifies, due to concerns of needing money for more important things like debt, rent, car payments, etc. However, I have been keeping track of the notify listings (Thanks, enewt! :D), and have seen that my other notifies haven't progressed much.

One other concern I have is that the 30-series will go EoL once the 40-series comes out, and then we have to wait all over again. Thus, always ending up and staying at the bottom of the list. 

The question then comes in - what to do about it? Getting into Q3 costs nothing, and involves minimal effort as an Elite Member (which I am). However, it also means that the chance of the queue getting to me is exceedingly small given the scores we've seen from less than 24 hours of sampling. Then, would using stock-alert sites/addons be more effective? I have researched them, and it appears that the only one that focuses on back-in-stock alerts is going dark this week, leaving a bunch of coupon-primary addons that don't really tell you how to do back-in-stock alerts. I have signed up for a website that does do stock alerts, but they warn you might get late, or no alerts. 

I do want to continue being an EVGA customer (been one since 2011/2012). However, with The Scalper Life active, and the new queue (I am glad that EVGA does something at least, unlike the other AIBs), I might not get the chance to do so.
utdgrad05
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: EVGA score 2022/01/12 13:00:19 (permalink)
I have a low score too. oh well
tresnugget
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 570
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: EVGA score 2022/01/12 13:00:53 (permalink)
I'm just hoping and praying my score of 966 lands me in the top 300 so I won't get deprioritized when the 3090 ti kp launches if they still do that with that launch.

My associates code is O1RWT3TOQ5NNXP8 if you wanna help !e get my EVGA score up :)
zippytek
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1185
  • Ribbons : 9
Re: EVGA score 2022/01/12 13:01:21 (permalink)
remember though, even the people with 5 figure scores are limited to 2 notifies now, right? so yeah they will get a crack at new cards first but that's still just 2 per person and i imagine those people are in the dozens, not hundreds.

what i'm curious about is how they're going to factor in score against people who have to battle for a queue spot to begin with? so if the queues are like the recent 3080, does this mean you have to still get a slot before it closes/crashes for your score to modify the position? or are they just sending notis to everyone in the top down order by score?
Muezick
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 305
Re: EVGA score 2022/01/12 13:03:45 (permalink)
avacdavison
<snip>

I do want to continue being an EVGA customer (been one since 2011/2012). However, with The Scalper Life active, and the new queue (I am glad that EVGA does something at least, unlike the other AIBs), I might not get the chance to do so.

I'm done going out of my way to be an EVGA customer, I know that's for sure. This new system is garbage lol
jondoughe
Re: EVGA score 2022/01/12 13:10:02 (permalink)
I guess the question I still have is does the score matter until the Queue 2.0 users have all be taken care of? Are they using both now?

Check me out on YouTube

EVGA Code

EVGA Peripherals

meeggtoast
Re: EVGA score 2022/01/12 13:10:53 (permalink)
tresnugget
I'm just hoping and praying my score of 966 lands me in the top 300 so I won't get deprioritized when the 3090 ti kp launches if they still do that with that launch.

I'm getting less and less hopeful knowing multiple people in the 1000s, im in the similar picture as you, so if im top 300 great.

To be fair queue 3.0 only affects all the 2022 queues, so im sure we'll be fine.

I just dont like the fact for the Overclockers we have to fight through scalpers, and influencers to get the card we want, then SCALPER JENSON decides to release a 3090 ti super

or to then release a 4090 in 6 months?

GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: EVGA score 2022/01/12 13:11:12 (permalink)
tresnugget

I think majority of the scores are most likely sub 100 for all we know.  There aren't a ton of people with high score me thinks so everyone has a good shot at getting a GPU who hasn't got one yet.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
talon951
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1026
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: EVGA score 2022/01/12 13:11:44 (permalink)
Yea I have to say this system is pretty worthless. A friend of mine has a lower score than me and he's been buying (and registering) EVGA cards for almost as long as EVGA has existed I think. Before reading all the rules my initial assumption was that he would be way ahead of me (and should be).

I guess I'm happy that I gained some points from my forum participation but that says nothing in regards to customer loyalty.
enewt
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11883
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: EVGA score 2022/01/12 13:12:16 (permalink)
As I understand the system, it is a series of gates:

1. EVGA score determines into what tier you fall. EVGA has not provided context or guidance for the breakdown of tiers (numbers or score ranges).
2. Within a given tier, whether you have purchased a 30 series card from the queue or not, determines whether you are prioritized or deprioritized (so two "buckets" within each tier for purposes of step 3 below).  So all EVGA accounts within each tier that have not secured a 30 series card from the queue will be ahead of those that have received a card.  
3. Timestamps within each "bucket" within each tier will go in order, in a First-In, First-Out approach.  

So, by way of example, within Tier A: Bobby No-30-Series-Q-Card with a timestamp of 6:15:26 will go ahead of Jimmy-3897-From-Da-Q with a timestamp of 6:01:01 (as will all other "no-Q-Card" folks within that tier). 

Does that sound right to people?

If that is the approach, then the binary question of whether you have received a 30-Series Card from the Queue will be the determinative factor, regardless of EVGA score and timestamp. Still sound right? 

Please use my Associate Code at your checkouts for up to 10% discounts on all your EVGA purchases: VDN2319M4O569J4

30 Series GPUs currently "in stock"
EVGA Queue Summary (North America)

Sonikku13
  • Total Posts : 35
Re: EVGA score 2022/01/12 13:16:01 (permalink)
GTXJackBauer
tresnugget

I think majority of the scores are most likely sub 100 for all we know.  There aren't a ton of people with high score me thinks so everyone has a good shot at getting a GPU who hasn't got one yet.

Already got a 3080 "12 GB" notify, but that $1,299 price is dumb. Though I thought my 359 score was low.

Guess it's theorycrafting time!

People who bought a 30 series card via EVGA Queue 1.0 or EVGA Queue 2.0 are definitely deprioritized. I never got a card via Queue 1.0 nor Queue 2.0.
People who bought a 30 series card via EVGA Step Up may or may not be deprioritized. I'm leaning towards not deprioritized, but I need more evidence than my single EVGA Queue 3.0 notify that I'm not buying.
People who bought a 30 series card via B-Stock are not deprioritized. I've bought plenty of 30 Series FHR B-Stock.

EVGA Associates Code: FZIRLZR4QBEK4WU
bill1024
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11083
  • Ribbons : 65
Re: EVGA score 2022/01/12 13:18:18 (permalink)
talon951
Yea I have to say this system is pretty worthless. A friend of mine has a lower score than me and he's been buying (and registering) EVGA cards for almost as long as EVGA has existed I think. Before reading all the rules my initial assumption was that he would be way ahead of me (and should be).

I guess I'm happy that I gained some points from my forum participation but that says nothing in regards to customer loyalty.

You get ribbons for helping other people with issues they are having. Not just xxx amount of posts.
That in turn takes pressure off of EVGA support and that has a value to it.
The forums need people who help out, it helps with customer service.
Remember they are not paid by the hour so they do deserve some rewards.

Life is too short to carry a cheap pocket knife

0verfiend
Re: EVGA score 2022/01/12 13:23:37 (permalink)
Kielon
Wow...miners don't even need to run bots any longer as the new score will put them ahead of the que automatically...GG EVGA well played

Yeah. It does appear to be a snowball effect by design.

Muezick
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 305
Re: EVGA score 2022/01/12 13:24:26 (permalink)
talon951

This is what pisses me off the most.

Actually LOYAL normal customers are getting shafted. I've spent thousands of dollars on EVGA stuff. Guess that doesn't matter to them!

Forget ’em. I've been planning on jumping ship to team red for awhile any ways. Sapphire will save my life. Isn't XFX made up of ex-EVGA employees any ways? lmao
madsci1016
  • Total Posts : 16
Re: EVGA score 2022/01/12 13:31:37 (permalink)
Sonikku13

Already got a 3080 "12 GB" notify, but that $1,299 price is dumb. Though I thought my 359 score was low.

Guess it's theorycrafting time!

People who bought a 30 series card via EVGA Queue 1.0 or EVGA Queue 2.0 are definitely deprioritized. I never got a card via Queue 1.0 nor Queue 2.0.
People who bought a 30 series card via EVGA Step Up may or may not be deprioritized. I'm leaning towards not deprioritized, but I need more evidence than my single EVGA Queue 3.0 notify that I'm not buying.
People who bought a 30 series card via B-Stock are not deprioritized. I've bought plenty of 30 Series FHR B-Stock.

I strongly concur on all points based on my metrics and getting the notify as well. 
aludka
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: EVGA score 2022/01/12 13:32:51 (permalink)
Granted there's still a lot of unknowns about score vs tiers etc and maybe I'm being pessimistic, but this 3.0 system doesn't seem like it will help the "little guy" like myself who doesn't buy a ton of hardware and isn't constantly on the forums. But it's still early in the new system.
jondoughe
Re: EVGA score 2022/01/12 13:44:39 (permalink)
aludka
Granted there's still a lot of unknowns about score vs tiers etc and maybe I'm being pessimistic, but this 3.0 system doesn't seem like it will help the "little guy" like myself who doesn't buy a ton of hardware and isn't constantly on the forums. But it's still early in the new system.

True, but even the guys that buy a lot of hardware get deprioritized after they get a card. So yeah, we have to wait (I'm a 6 FYI....Score....not looks), but you are waiting in your tier. I think the most frustrating part is not knowing the tiers and allocations, but we haven't known that in any iteration of the queue. 

Check me out on YouTube

EVGA Code

EVGA Peripherals

808sting
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 462
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: EVGA score 2022/01/12 13:46:44 (permalink)
kevinc313
IMHO Bucks and Ribbons (all time?) are the big driver on very high scores and people who have accumulated them quite a bit over the years will get a large foundation of points not overcome by hardware registration.

I like the ribbons, but bucks can be misleading and is more subjective.

In the end, it's EVGA's call.  EVGA should make a special page just like the Port Royal HoF.  
post edited by 808sting - 2022/01/12 14:03:23

i9 13900KS, Asus ROG Hero Z690 MB, 32GB G.Skill DDR5-6400
Gigabyte 4090 Gaming OC
External open-loop w/Velocity2 WB
Corsair 900D Case
Firecuda SSD 1TB & 2TB, EVO 970P 1TB, Black 8TB
Asus & LG BD-RE
Corsair AX1600i PS
LG 38GL950B-G
0verfiend
Re: EVGA score 2022/01/12 13:47:38 (permalink)
why can’t we have a thread dedicated to evga scores?

this thread is under ‘3000 series gpus’, yet 1000, 2000, and 4000 series are being discussed as well as purchase history, forum participation, evga bucks, referrals, and more.

seems like the one I made that you locked could have been used after all..

Let the confusion begin i guess...

0verfiend
Flagged as Spam (1)
Re: EVGA score 2022/01/12 13:49:38 (permalink)
maybe the mods will remove any talk on this thread that is outside of 3000 series gpus...

idk what you guys are thinking lately..

zippytek
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1185
  • Ribbons : 9
Re: EVGA score 2022/01/12 13:52:34 (permalink)
welp, my friend with the 15K evga score got a 12GB 3080 noti so that theory is wrong. price is wrong too ouch, who wants a $1300 3080? that's what the non LHR 3080s go for on hws etc
vodaje
  • Total Posts : 22
Re: EVGA score 2022/01/12 13:54:28 (permalink)
enewt
As I understand the system, it is a series of gates:

1. EVGA score determines into what tier you fall. EVGA has not provided context or guidance for the breakdown of tiers (numbers or score ranges).
2. Within a given tier, whether you have purchased a 30 series card from the queue or not, determines whether you are prioritized or deprioritized (so two "buckets" within each tier for purposes of step 3 below).  So all EVGA accounts within each tier that have not secured a 30 series card from the queue will be ahead of those that have received a card.  
3. Timestamps within each "bucket" within each tier will go in order, in a First-In, First-Out approach.  

So, by way of example, within Tier A: Bobby No-30-Series-Q-Card with a timestamp of 6:15:26 will go ahead of Jimmy-3897-From-Da-Q with a timestamp of 6:01:01 (as will all other "no-Q-Card" folks within that tier). 

Does that sound right to people?

If that is the approach, then the binary question of whether you have received a 30-Series Card from the Queue will be the determinative factor, regardless of EVGA score and timestamp. Still sound right? 

This too was my understanding. I'm hopeful when the 4XXX cards roll out that it works in the following scenario:
  • Individuals with high scores will get the first batch as I'm going to bet they also queue early, but then won't be able to get another 4XXX tier card. While there is a very high spread in scores I don't expect 1,000's of individuals with 15,000+ scores with most likely in the 20-400 range.
  • Anyone who has a lower score (20-400) or hasn't received a 4XXX card would then be prioritized (again based on queue and score). It might take an extra month vs. just being first in queue as was the case in version 2.0.

Maybe I'm being optimistic, but trying to be glass full today and still think odds are better this way than the Newegg shuffle which definitely rewards those who make lots of purchases from that website.
808sting
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 462
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: EVGA score 2022/01/12 13:55:50 (permalink)
ty_ger07

People need to take SM info with a grain of salt.  Unfortunately, that's the Internet.  EVGA will probably not identify user-to-score for privacy matters.  What many new people are overlooking is one of the main criteria...  did you buy a 30 Series card from the EVGA webstore?  If no, you have a better priority for new launches.  If yes, you will be deprioritized for those that didn't in the queue.

i9 13900KS, Asus ROG Hero Z690 MB, 32GB G.Skill DDR5-6400
Gigabyte 4090 Gaming OC
External open-loop w/Velocity2 WB
Corsair 900D Case
Firecuda SSD 1TB & 2TB, EVO 970P 1TB, Black 8TB
Asus & LG BD-RE
Corsair AX1600i PS
LG 38GL950B-G
gerrokarp35
Re: EVGA score 2022/01/12 14:00:00 (permalink)
Good evening, I don't know if this is the right thead for this, but I cannot see my EVGA score anywhere on my profile page (eu account)
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 13
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile