EVGA

EVGA has lost me as a customer.

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
floydthcat
  • Total Posts : 29
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA has lost me as a customer. 2021/10/04 07:33:46 (permalink)
I received the replacement 3070 today.

It was plugged into the computer, I got into windows, and then got a black screen.

Now I cant even get into windows/bios when connected to the motherboard.

I called Asus, they were able to confirm the motherboard is working properly.   I am now waiting for EVGA to open so I can call about this. 

I cannot believe how this is going.
aka_STEVE_b
EGC Admin
  • Total Posts : 17692
  • Ribbons : 69
Re: EVGA has lost me as a customer. 2021/10/04 08:17:51 (permalink)
BIOS probably needs updated...
&

TURN OFF "FAST BOOT" IN YOUR MOTHERBOARD BIOS.
&
 DISABLE CSM IN YOUR MOTHERBOARD BIOS

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
floydthcat
Re: EVGA has lost me as a customer. 2021/10/04 08:24:52 (permalink)
I cant get into the bios.

Nothing is showing on my screens now.  

When i turned the computer on with the new card in for a brief second it gave that garbled glitched screen and then got into windows.    I looked away for a moment for work and when i turned back around I had a black screen.    Now plugging into the Mobo doesnt give me a signal.   Asus thought resetting the CMOS would help with that but it hasnt
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 31001
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: EVGA has lost me as a customer. 2021/10/04 08:32:48 (permalink)
floydthcat
I cant get into the bios.

Nothing is showing on my screens now.  

When i turned the computer on with the new card in for a brief second it gave that garbled glitched screen and then got into windows.    I looked away for a moment for work and when i turned back around I had a black screen.    Now plugging into the Mobo doesnt give me a signal.   Asus thought resetting the CMOS would help with that but it hasnt

Comprehensive Windows 10 Black Screen Trouble shooting Guide

Condolence on the loss of your cat. 

We always get rescue cats & not kittens; it is harder to find homes for the adult cats & they are not all crazy like kittens.  Beside the fluff ball grow up quick.  They need you to.

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

floydthcat
Re: EVGA has lost me as a customer. 2021/10/04 10:12:49 (permalink)
Again, i feel defeated.

I had been using my mobo's onboard graphics so I could atleast access my files.

Plugging in the new GPU got me into windows and now does absolutely nothing.  Even the Mobo onboard graphics are not working

ASUS is currently setting up an RMA for my mobo....   is it possible a card could have killed the motherboard? I dont understand how it could have been working seemingly fine for 6 months?

I feel so lost, confused, defeated, etc...

Edit-  the MoBo wasnt the issue- I purchased a new one and the i still cant get a display

post edited by floydthcat - 2021/10/04 12:06:30
floydthcat
Re: EVGA has lost me as a customer. 2021/10/04 15:49:24 (permalink)
I tried a different CPU, Mobo, monitor, cables.   nothing is working

Everything was fine until I plugged in the 3070. EVGA is adamant that their card didnt cause my issues, however, everything on my system was running fine until the new 3070 was introduced.

At this stage I have to now take my computer i built to someone else for them to try figuring out whats wrong.   EVGA told me the only options were to send another RMA (which who knows, maybe ill need to do?), or take my computer to someone locally for inspection repair.

Everyone said they had hoped my confidence would be restored in EVGA.   It keeps getting worse though and now they seem to have wiped their hands of the issue.

I truly hate my life. This is going to be the straw that breaks me.
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18926
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: EVGA has lost me as a customer. 2021/10/04 18:05:13 (permalink)
floydthcat
I tried a different CPU, Mobo, monitor, cables.   nothing is working

Everything was fine until I plugged in the 3070. EVGA is adamant that their card didnt cause my issues, however, everything on my system was running fine until the new 3070 was introduced.

At this stage I have to now take my computer i built to someone else for them to try figuring out whats wrong.   EVGA told me the only options were to send another RMA (which who knows, maybe ill need to do?), or take my computer to someone locally for inspection repair.

Everyone said they had hoped my confidence would be restored in EVGA.   It keeps getting worse though and now they seem to have wiped their hands of the issue.

I truly hate my life. This is going to be the straw that breaks me.

3 cards in a row is concerning and starting to point at other problem(s), particularly when you removed the GPU and the integrated graphics wouldn't work - that indicates issues not related to the GPU. Might be the motherboard, might be the PSU giving poorly regulated power. The fact you got ASUS to accept an RMA is impressive, they are notoriously difficult to deal with. Hopefully if they've accepted an RMA your problems may be over. What sort of PSU do you have?

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

floydthcat
Re: EVGA has lost me as a customer. 2021/10/04 18:12:38 (permalink)
Nereus

3 cards in a row is concerning and starting to point at other problem(s), particularly when you removed the GPU and the integrated graphics wouldn't work - that indicates issues not related to the GPU. Might be the motherboard, might be the PSU giving poorly regulated power. The fact you got ASUS to accept an RMA is impressive, they are notoriously difficult to deal with. Hopefully if they've accepted an RMA your problems may be over. What sort of PSU do you have?

I dont even know if the 3rd card is good or bad at this point. It isnt giving the red dot of death.

I went out and purchased a new motherboard and it is doing the same thing, no display, no logo, nothing.  A laptop works with the monitors so they are working. Computer comes on but nothing happens.   I even tried a different CPU

Asus didnt do much, they had me reset the CMOs battery and then setup an RMA, it was incredibly minimal... but if it was the mobo, why would another motherboard act the exact same way?

Power supply is EVGA P2 1000 watt
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: EVGA has lost me as a customer. 2021/10/04 18:20:13 (permalink)
floydthcat
Nereus

I dont even know if the 3rd card is good or bad at this point. It isnt giving the red dot of death.

I went out and purchased a new motherboard and it is doing the same thing, no display, no logo, nothing.  A laptop works with the monitors so they are working. Computer comes on but nothing happens.   I even tried a different CPU

Asus didnt do much, they had me reset the CMOs battery and then setup an RMA, it was incredibly minimal... but if it was the mobo, why would another motherboard act the exact same way?

Power supply is EVGA P2 1000 watt

Seems the only thing you haven't tried replacing is the PSU, although the P2 is high quality (I've had a couple of them myself - very reliable). Maybe there's a grounding issue with your case? Very strange.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

floydthcat
Re: EVGA has lost me as a customer. 2021/10/04 18:28:04 (permalink)
Nereus

Seems the only thing you haven't tried replacing is the PSU, although the P2 is high quality (I've had a couple of them myself - very reliable). Maybe there's a grounding issue with your case? Very strange.

I'm seriously at a loss.  Someone recommended taking everything out of the case and seeing if it would work but ive never done that and at this point i dont know how much more i can take.   
ckind88
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: EVGA has lost me as a customer. 2021/10/04 19:11:51 (permalink)
Man, i just read this whole thread and suddenly my problems with EVGA seem so small now.

First, condolences on your cat, brother. Im not a cat person, but i know what a pet can do for someone, especially someone alone… and to lose them is tantamount to losing a family member.

Second, condolences to your Graphics card… only thing i can recommend is pulling out all your pieces and reassemble them OUTSIDE your case, so make sure your not getting a short some where, if possible, get another GPU (GT 710 or something cheap) that can give you a video out signal.

You can build your PC outside by placing your motherboard directly on top of your motherboard box, and plugging and wiring everything up that way. Remember the key is to have it completely separated from your case…
floydthcat
Re: EVGA has lost me as a customer. 2021/10/04 19:23:00 (permalink)
ckind88
Man, i just read this whole thread and suddenly my problems with EVGA seem so small now.

First, condolences on your cat, brother. Im not a cat person, but i know what a pet can do for someone, especially someone alone… and to lose them is tantamount to losing a family member.

Second, condolences to your Graphics card… only thing i can recommend is pulling out all your pieces and reassemble them OUTSIDE your case, so make sure your not getting a short some where, if possible, get another GPU (GT 710 or something cheap) that can give you a video out signal.

You can build your PC outside by placing your motherboard directly on top of your motherboard box, and plugging and wiring everything up that way. Remember the key is to have it completely separated from your case…

thanks for your words. i think assembling everything outside of the case would be the next step... but when trying to make sure i had the CPU cooler connected properly (i do) i dropped a screw into the case and almost had a breakdown.   i just cant mentally handle it right now.

this is the toughest time of my life now and i cant catch a break.  i dont want to turn my pc into someone elses hands but at this point i dont know what to do.  if i keep going like this im going to go back to drinking or worse. i cant handle it all. i lost my dad when i was just a teen (that was a good while ago), and this has been shaping up to be an even worse year than that.   Back then there wsnt a pandemic and people could take me out and try to have fun. i had substances that would help me escape.   there is no escape from whats happening now.   im not trying to pull one over on anybody (all these tech issues), its not my nature. i want to have a decent life that i can enjoy. i think thats what most people want.  I dont know why everything has been so difficult lately
post edited by floydthcat - 2021/10/04 19:27:01
staypuft
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4013
  • Ribbons : 31
Re: EVGA has lost me as a customer. 2021/10/04 19:23:03 (permalink)
Floyd, can you grab a new PSU and give it another go?  

Interested in a discount on EVGA products?
Click here for details and enter this Associates code at checkout >> 2ILPLQQ8IWY8DPN

2021 Build: Gigabyte Z590 Ultra | Core i7-10700K | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Fractal Design Meshify C | Asus TUF VG27AQL1A
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: EVGA has lost me as a customer. 2021/10/04 19:24:33 (permalink)
floydthcat
ckind88

thanks for your words. i think assembling everything outside of the case would be the next step... but when trying to make sure i had the CPU cooler connected properly (i do) i dropped a screw into the case and almost had a breakdown.   i just cant mentally handle it right now.

this is the toughest time of my life now and i cant catch a break.  i dont want to turn my pc into someone elses hands but at this point i dont know what to do.  if i keep going like this im going to go back to drinking or worse. i cant handle it all.

Maybe you can post what town you live in - maybe there's another EVGA member nearby who can help out.

staypuft
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: EVGA has lost me as a customer. 2021/10/04 19:28:09 (permalink)
What about the memory?  Have you tried running with 1 stick? Try each one you have and see if it will post on a single stick and get into BIOS with onboard GPU.  Keep that 3070 on the bench until the PC gets sorted.

Click here for details and enter this Associates code at checkout >> 2ILPLQQ8IWY8DPN

2021 Build: Gigabyte Z590 Ultra | Core i7-10700K | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Fractal Design Meshify C | Asus TUF VG27AQL1A
floydthcat
Re: EVGA has lost me as a customer. 2021/10/04 19:36:54 (permalink)
staypuft
What about the memory?  Have you tried running with 1 stick? Try each one you have and see if it will post on a single stick and get into BIOS with onboard GPU.  Keep that 3070 on the bench until the PC gets sorted.

i tried with one stick of memory, still no change.  I tried each stick.   maybe a PSU?  but that would stink because its the EVGA p2.

I was thinking of givng the gpu to the repair guy as well but maybe thats not a good call. have him get the thing figured out and then try to add the card?   but then i worry if the issue would happen again.   i really dont know.
staypuft
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: EVGA has lost me as a customer. 2021/10/04 19:53:36 (permalink)
You should keep the replacement 3070 #2 out of the picture and get that PC working with onboard graphics to start.  The second 3070 may not be bad at all.  It is possible that the first 3070 popped and took out the PSU, or something else.  Now you need to find that issue... It is also possible that what has failed on the PC was what originally took out the first 3070.  So don't put another 3070 in there yet.

Grab a PSU at BB and test it.  No 3070 for starters.  Then take it to a tech if you can't get it going.

rblaes_99
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1951
  • Ribbons : 15
Re: EVGA has lost me as a customer. 2021/10/04 19:53:49 (permalink)
Nereus
floydthcat
ckind88

this is the toughest time of my life now and i cant catch a break.  i dont want to turn my pc into someone elses hands but at this point i dont know what to do.  if i keep going like this im going to go back to drinking or worse. i cant handle it all.

Maybe you can post what town you live in - maybe there's another EVGA member nearby who can help out.

did he say where he lives? 

floydthcat
Re: EVGA has lost me as a customer. 2021/10/04 20:08:58 (permalink)
staypuft
You should keep the replacement 3070 #2 out of the picture and get that PC working with onboard graphics to start.  The second 3070 may not be bad at all.  It is possible that the first 3070 popped and took out the PSU, or something else.  Now you need to find that issue... It is also possible that what has failed on the PC was what originally took out the first 3070.  So don't put another 3070 in there yet.

Grab a PSU at BB and test it.  No 3070 for starters.  Then take it to a tech if you can't get it going.

Thanks, ill keep the 3070, i just got, here at home.

Its possible it is the PSU.   I honestly dont know if ill be able to handle the stress of reassembling everything with a new PSU and finding the same issue.    It was a real PITA to get the psu in the computer initially.     I guess at this point im almost OK with having someone else figure it out for me.  ill pay.    I just have to try to make the load on my brain easier.

Part of me hopes it isnt the PSU, because that is also from EVGA and would mean their products are really causing me issues.

I dont feel real comfortable about giving location. east coast USA
post edited by floydthcat - 2021/10/04 20:10:36
floydthcat
Re: EVGA has lost me as a customer. 2021/10/05 08:45:56 (permalink)
I was able to get my pc repaired.  no issues were found and i am back into windows.   it is the most bizarre situation.

I am going to try installing the 3070 now... please cross all of your fingers for me...
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: EVGA has lost me as a customer. 2021/10/05 08:49:25 (permalink)
Fingers crossed for you bud.
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: EVGA has lost me as a customer. 2021/10/05 08:52:50 (permalink)

Good luck! Should have got the repair person to try the 3070 while you were there.

floydthcat
Re: EVGA has lost me as a customer. 2021/10/05 10:17:29 (permalink)
Adding to the saga.

I installed the new GPU and got a glitched screen almost right away.

To get a display I went back to the mobo graphics.
I then tried to install the graphics drivers.   They would not install.  I was sent some steps to change a registry setting to see if that would help, but was told if it didnt they would need to setup another RMA.

It seems this 3070 was DOA.   I tried to plug into the GPU again and got the glitched screen before my screens went black.
When I removed the GPU from my computer it definitely felt a little warmer than I would expect.

I paid for expedited shipping....I just want this to be resolved.    I can say the 3070 that was DOA appeared to be new, from what I could see. All warranty stickers were intact

Delirious
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 17474
  • Ribbons : 61
Re: EVGA has lost me as a customer. 2021/10/06 00:29:02 (permalink)
So the repair you paid for didnt work and did you ever try a different psu like I mentioned in page one of this thread?

"Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger" 
Affiliate Code XZUMV9TJW5
Associate Code: 7PM43CU71IB2IAP
education may be expensive but wait until you get the bill for ignorance
A wise man once said that we can't make anyone feel or do anything. We can throw things into the wind, but it's up to each person to decide how they want to react, where they want to stand when things fall.
rblaes_99
FTW Member
Re: EVGA has lost me as a customer. 2021/10/06 06:27:57 (permalink)
Delirious
So the repair you paid for didn't work and did you ever try a different psu like I mentioned in page one of this thread?

seems like he would rather take the long way around this one......  

how does one own a PC without a $10 PSU tester?  is swapping a PSU really THAT stressful?  What did the repair shop "repair" if no issues were found?  This all feels very PEBCAk.  

We all know he is going to get a fresh from RMA 3070 and have the EXACT same issues right?    smh......

The first thing I normally do is gut the whole machine and benchtop the motherboard with a minimal config build....  Than I nuke everything and do a clean OS install.  

Floyd can you upload some pictures of the inside of your case?  

Delirious
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 17474
  • Ribbons : 61
Re: EVGA has lost me as a customer. 2021/10/06 07:00:16 (permalink)
well, I've had a PSU take out a video and motherboard in the past

"Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger" 
Affiliate Code XZUMV9TJW5
Associate Code: 7PM43CU71IB2IAP
education may be expensive but wait until you get the bill for ignorance
A wise man once said that we can't make anyone feel or do anything. We can throw things into the wind, but it's up to each person to decide how they want to react, where they want to stand when things fall.
floydthcat
Re: EVGA has lost me as a customer. 2021/10/06 07:09:55 (permalink)
rblaes_99
Delirious
So the repair you paid for didn't work and did you ever try a different psu like I mentioned in page one of this thread?

seems like he would rather take the long way around this one......  

how does one own a PC without a $10 PSU tester?  is swapping a PSU really THAT stressful?  What did the repair shop "repair" if no issues were found?  This all feels very PEBCAk.  

We all know he is going to get a fresh from RMA 3070 and have the EXACT same issues right?    smh......

The first thing I normally do is gut the whole machine and benchtop the motherboard with a minimal config build....  Than I nuke everything and do a clean OS install.  

Floyd can you upload some pictures of the inside of your case?  

I had let him know I THOUGHT the issue was maybe with the PSU or maybe even the case.  He said both tested successfully for him and a different PSU also worked on my setup. Couldnt find issues with the mobo or CPU..

I can upload pictures of the inside of my case when I go to lunch
rblaes_99
FTW Member
Re: EVGA has lost me as a customer. 2021/10/06 07:17:59 (permalink)
Delirious
well, I've had a PSU take out a video and motherboard in the past

same.....  from that day on I made PREMIUM PSUs the first thing I purchased.  i never skimp on the PSU now.  I also have several PSU testers laying around here.  

rblaes_99
FTW Member
Re: EVGA has lost me as a customer. 2021/10/06 07:21:19 (permalink)
floydthcat

The location question was because If you lived close enough to Ohio you could drive it over here to my workshop.  My kids and I all run custom PCs and my parts shop looks like a mini microcenter.  In fact EVGA and CORSAIR needs to sponsor me or something. 

floydthcat
Re: EVGA has lost me as a customer. 2021/10/06 07:25:08 (permalink)
rblaes_99
floydthcat

The location question was because If you lived close enough to Ohio you could drive it over here to my workshop.  My kids and I all run custom PCs and my parts shop looks like a mini microcenter.  In fact EVGA and CORSAIR needs to sponsor me or something. 

Thank you. If i was in the area I'd be making a trip out there
Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile