EVGA

EVGA flow control has to be open?

Author
Fpschmitz
  • Total Posts : 22
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/12/10 15:11:05 (permalink)
Hi guys i'm new here. I've recently bought EVGA CLC 280mm and i have some questions. How do I set the pump RPM to automatic? And does evga flow control has to be opened or minimized all the time? It is preventing my pc to go on sleep mode. And I'm getting some high temps playing overwatch, one of the 6700k cores is going 60ºC, almost like my hyper 412pwm, it's almost summer here in Brazil but, is it normal?
post edited by Fpschmitz - 2017/12/10 15:42:09

8 Replies Related Threads

youredoinitwrong
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re: EVGA flow control has to be open? 2017/12/13 01:58:32 (permalink)
    Their support seems non-existent but I personally don't think you need it open if all you need is everything on auto. I think it's just used if you want the custom settings applied because my machine runs fine under Linux without it.

60 degrees sounds pretty poor. Might depend on what ambient temps you have or how hard it's OC'd but mine sits under 40 for most games. 60 was the kinda temps I was getting on my broken H110i. Never realized that was bad until I discovered it was broken from the get go for over a year lol. Not buying another corsa*r product again after that + headphones + mouse all broke. Same poor quality as r*zer. Ok maybe not that bad.

Evga stuff seems tight though, try redo your paste.

Fpschmitz
    Re: EVGA flow control has to be open? 2017/12/13 03:24:06 (permalink)
    youredoinitwrong
    Their support seems non-existent but I personally don't think you need it open if all you need is everything on auto. I think it's just used if you want the custom settings applied because my machine runs fine under Linux without it.

60 degrees sounds pretty poor. Might depend on what ambient temps you have or how hard it's OC'd but mine sits under 40 for most games. 60 was the kinda temps I was getting on my broken H110i. Never realized that was bad until I discovered it was broken from the get go for over a year lol. Not buying another corsa*r product again after that + headphones + mouse all broke. Same poor quality as r*zer. Ok maybe not that bad.

Evga stuff seems tight though, try redo your paste.

Gaming is staying around 50ºC with some peaks at 60ºC, i think here since idle temps are around 33ºC.
    youredoinitwrong
    Re: EVGA flow control has to be open? 2017/12/13 09:49:07 (permalink)
    You would be surprised how much of it can be mitigated with proper ventilation and clean fans too. Especially if you have all the bells and whistles enabled (XMP, OC etc.)

Set your rig up so that only outside air (ambient) is forced onto your radiator. Preferably front mounted with your top and back fans exhausting hot air. Don't worry about your GPU taking an extra 10 degrees or so, they can run hotter. And buy a fan controller so you can ramp up exhaust while gaming.
    Fpschmitz
    Re: EVGA flow control has to be open? 2017/12/13 14:15:15 (permalink)
    youredoinitwrong
    You would be surprised how much of it can be mitigated with proper ventilation and clean fans too. Especially if you have all the bells and whistles enabled (XMP, OC etc.)

Set your rig up so that only outside air (ambient) is forced onto your radiator. Preferably front mounted with your top and back fans exhausting hot air. Don't worry about your GPU taking an extra 10 degrees or so, they can run hotter. And buy a fan controller so you can ramp up exhaust while gaming.

Unfortunately my case only support 280mm radiators on top, so i don't know what's best fan configuration.
    NathanO
    Re: EVGA flow control has to be open? 2017/12/14 04:52:31 (permalink)
    I saw a video that showed you can expect higher temps in that configuration as the RAD will suck are from the GPU.  Unless you have a blower type GPU that vents outside the case.  I suppose every RIG is unique, so most probably not going to be for every config.

EVGA CLC 280 Cooler
    EVGA 550 G3 Power Supply
    Phanteks P400S
    Intel 8700K
    ASUS Z370-E
    ASUS Dual GTX 1070 OC
    G.Skill Trident-Z RGB 3200 16GB RAM
    Samsung EVO 850 - 500GB
    2 x WD 7200K 2TB HDD
    2 x Phanteks 120mm Chassis Fans
    Phanteks RGB Lighting
    fearpoint
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3184
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: EVGA flow control has to be open? 2017/12/14 23:29:39 (permalink)
    Fpschmitz
    youredoinitwrong

Unfortunately my case only support 280mm radiators on top, so i don't know what's best fan configuration.

CLC 208 is set up to push air through and thus set up for top case mounting. You don't need to change the fans. I had to switch my fans around because I put it in the front of my case and it was pushing hot air out when I needed air coming in. 
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: EVGA flow control has to be open? 2017/12/14 23:50:17 (permalink)
    I haven't had the software open other then when I need to change a setting. I read that it saves the changes to firmware which makes sense since you would need the pump monitoring temps even before you get into Windows.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

youredoinitwrong
    Re: EVGA flow control has to be open? 2017/12/16 18:03:37 (permalink)
    Hoggle
    I haven't had the software open other then when I need to change a setting. I read that it saves the changes to firmware which makes sense since you would need the pump monitoring temps even before you get into Windows.

Thanks for letting us know.

fearpoint
    CLC 208 is set up to push air through and thus set up for top case mounting. You don't need to change the fans. I had to switch my fans around because I put it in the front of my case and it was pushing hot air out when I needed air coming in. 

It just goes to show that buying a CLC is only half the solution. Making sure you get a decent case is the other :)
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile