EVGA

EVGA affiliate codes to save money on a RTX card

Author
haris525
  • Total Posts : 100
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
2019/04/15 06:33:36 (permalink)
Hello. I just bought an EVGA RTX 2080ti FTW3 ultra from microcenter for 1451USD (1350 plus tax). If I would have bought my card through EVGA could I use the affiliate code to save 10% on that card? also I think EVGA does not charge tax in state of Minnesota, so I could potentially save close to 200$ if I bought it here. Is that correct? 

1399 x .10 = 139.9, 1260USD with the 10% discount vs 1451 for what I paid

Thank you

4 Replies Related Threads

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10102
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: EVGA affiliate codes to save money on a RTX card 2019/04/15 08:04:54 (permalink)
    Graphics cards are 5% (as are motherboard) and I believe websites are supposed to charge the tax based o the state the card is being shipped to. Definitely though 5% is worth considering the cost savings on a product at that price as that could be $75.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    • Total Posts : 18923
    • Ribbons : 58
    Re: EVGA affiliate codes to save money on a RTX card 2019/04/15 15:56:15 (permalink)

You would likely still pay whatever your local sales tax rate is - most places now do this due to recent changes in laws regarding internet sales (you don't need a physical presence now - internet is deemed sufficient nexus), but you'd still get the discount of 5%, and standard shipping is free at the moment on many cards. Sales Tax is added after the discount.

$1399 (EVGA.com price) x 95% = $1329 + tax @ 7.48% (based on your numbers above) = $1,428 ..not a huge saving since Microcenter already had it $50 cheaper.

Buyer Discount Percentages:

Audio - 10.00%
    Cases - 10.00%
    Cooling - 10.00%
    Graphics - 5.00%
    Motherboards - 5.00%
    Power Supplies - 10.00%

Just note that you can't get these discounts if you are an Associate member yourself.

post edited by Nereus - 2019/04/15 16:06:54

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21171
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: EVGA affiliate codes to save money on a RTX card 2019/04/15 19:55:21 (permalink)
    Just to be clear, you were always required to pay sales tax for any applicable online purchase in any state which has sales tax. It is called use tax and it was your duty to report it and pay it to your state. The only thing which has changed is that since so many people were not paying use tax, the courts decided that it is fair for the states to require the online retailer to charge the sales tax at time of purchase (and forward the collected sales tax to each applicable state at certain periods) in order to ensure that the sales tax starts being paid. The primary purpose of this change is to increase revenue for the states (money which was owed to them all along but was unlawfully not being paid by residents) and help level the playing field between local retailers and online retailers to improve local economies where the purchasers reside (more even pricing encourages the consumer to buy locally).

The change is good. Not only for the reasons already mentioned, but also because it now allows you to buy from online retailers in good conscience knowing that you aren't defrauding your local government, and it is now much easier since you no longer have to file the paperwork to report use tax since the online retailer now does all of the work for you.
    post edited by ty_ger07 - 2019/04/15 20:09:30

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    • Total Posts : 18923
    • Ribbons : 58
    Re: EVGA affiliate codes to save money on a RTX card 2019/04/15 19:56:43 (permalink)
    ty_ger07
    Just to be clear, you were always required to pay sales tax for any applicable online purchase in any state which has sales tax. It is called use tax and it was your duty to report it and pay it to your state. The only thing which has changed is that since so many people were not paying use tax, the courts decided that it is fair for the states to require the online retailer to charge the sales tax in order to ensure that it was paid. The primary purpose of this change is to increase revenue for the states (money which was owed to them all along but was unlawfully not being paid by residents) and help level the playing field between local retailers and online retailers to improve local economies where the purchasers reside (more even prices increases encourages the consumer to by locally).

Perfect.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile