EVGA

EVGA Z87 Classified rebooting issue and Audio issue

Author
ramsisthe3rd
  • Total Posts : 41
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/01/02 23:00:17 (permalink)
Hey so I recently installed my EVGA Z87 Classified motherboard to replace my old OEM from my prebuilt and the issue that I am having is that I am unable to restart my PC. Shutting down works perfectly fine and and boots up correctly but for some reason I cannot restart.

So what happens is when I hit the restart in windows, windows enters the normal restart sequence. However, once the monitor, keyboard and mouse turn off, the motherboard and everything directly connected to it is on for some reason. The fans continue to spin and it is as if the computer is still on but the keyboard and mouse are off.. I have attached a picture of the PC. Also, the error code reads "FF" but when I tried googling the FF error code none of the issues are related to restarting.

But basically, when I hit restart, the PC is indefinitely in this weird state where everything is on but the monitor, keyboard and mouse have already turned off as a normal PC would restart.

Also, this issue did NOT happen with my old OEM motherboard. I tried to disable Windows Fast boot but that did nothing to help this issue.

Also, another issue that is not as big of a deal is the fact that there is a very low quiet hum/static noise when I connect headset. This issue was also not on my previous OEM motherboard and I made sure to check the HD audio cable was plugged in snug.

I appreciate any help and guidance!
Thank you

2 Replies Related Threads

ramsisthe3rd
    • Total Posts : 41
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: EVGA Z87 Classified rebooting issue and Audio issue 2019/01/03 14:01:08 (permalink)
    UPDATE for those in the future that might have this issue with their motherboards

A friend of mine suggested that I update the bios because the z87 chip came out before the 4790s and i may be having compatibility issues. After updating bios to the latest version that I found posted here by an admin the issue ended up resolving. I can restart the PC now with ease.

The minor audio issue still exists though and I can't think of anything to solve that one
    coolmistry
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2502
    • Ribbons : 45
    Re: EVGA Z87 Classified rebooting issue and Audio issue 2019/01/04 02:08:52 (permalink)
    It may be CMOS battery? because when you try restart Windows or something and the battery is low or flat which did save into CMSO BIOS!!! Am not sure but try replace new battery and this Z87 is maybe 4 years old mm. 
    Have you check the latest update BIOS version 1.09. here latest  Version 152-HW-E878 1.09  
    Let us know how getting on...

Windows 11 Home 64bits up to Dated
    i9 11900K 5,275 MHz (3,500 MHz) || EVGA Z590 FTW WIFI || 2 x Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti FE || 32Gb Dominator Platinum DDR3 3600mhz XMP OC 3800mhz || 500gb Samsung 980 Pro NVMe || 500gb Samsung 970 EVO and Sata M.2 (1 x SSD and 1xHHD) || EVGA CLCx 360 Cooler || EVGA Supernova 1300w X3 || EVGA Z10 Keyboard || EVGA TORQ X10 mouse ||EVGA DG 77 case || Acer Predator  X35 35" 200Hz G-Sync || Logitech Z906 5.1 system sounds SPDIF|| Kaspersky Internet Security
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile