EVGA Z370 FTW
EVGA GTX 1070 Super clocked
EVGA Super Nova G2 850Watt
Corsair CMK16GX4M2A2400C14  (2 x 8GB) used MX1 profile
I7 8700 (stock)
Intel 250gb ssd
Case: NZXT 440 new edition
Windows 10 pro 64bit

I made this build for a friend of mine. Made sure everything is compatible including the RAM and took my sweet time assembling it.
Everything hooked up then checked 3, 4 times if everything was seated correctly.
Fingers crossed and it booted installed windows 10. I can do everything i need to do not yet played games etc.

2 things i notice:
- Upon restart i hear 6 beeps this keeps happening every time i restart, complete shut down then start again. It goes like: "2 short beeps then instantly followed by 4 beeps in quick succession.
- On the big splash screen "wallpaper" where you see the z370 ftw logo you also see in the lower right corner a sneaky "A2".

I looked up more posts here in which one member says A2 means quoting him "A2 generally indicates that the motherboard has passed POST and has started successfully...."
source: https://forums.evga.com/C...herboard-m2808832.aspx
Or does A2 mean "IDE detect" as what the manual say? If its an error how can i solve it?

In regards of the 6 beeps people opinions vary....some say its fine nothing is wrong yet the manual says "Flash Update Failed" OR "failed Intel ME Firmware update."
I did not attempt a BIOS update YET. Switched usb keyboard to another usb slot no result. This leaves the Intel ME firmware update....

I used the latest drivers from EVGA site including intel ME (i think) listed on evga driver section.

What should i do just reinstall windows 10 and SKIP "Intel ME" (do i really need it???)
Flash to latest BIOS?

Lastly everything seems to work just fine yet i wonder what these beeps really mean and what A2 signify....

Thx in advance.
post edited by CobraCommand - 2018/03/29 14:44:12

4 Replies Related Threads

BrandonS
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 678
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: EVGA Z370 FTW 6 beeps + A2 2018/03/29 14:47:53 (permalink)
    In general the rapid series of beeps you hear indicate the number of USB devices plugged into the motherboard, and you'll then hear a single beep indicating the system POSTed successfully. As long as you're able to see video, of either the BIOS or splash screen, A2 means that the motherboard has booted correctly, and may be waiting for your input; it may also go past A2 and start showing the temperature of your CPU. Based on your description, it sounds like everything is working correctly, and there is nothing to worry about. 
    CobraCommand
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 108
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: EVGA Z370 FTW 6 beeps + A2 2018/03/29 15:19:09 (permalink)
    EVGATech_BrandonS
    In general the rapid series of beeps you hear indicate the number of USB devices plugged into the motherboard, and you'll then hear a single beep indicating the system POSTed successfully. As long as you're able to see video, of either the BIOS or splash screen, A2 means that the motherboard has booted correctly, and may be waiting for your input; it may also go past A2 and start showing the temperature of your CPU. Based on your description, it sounds like everything is working correctly, and there is nothing to worry about. 

Thank you very much for the swift reply,

Yes beeps in quick succession but never did i heard a single beep after the 6 beeps are done....
    I was wondering about the beeps since the developers nowadays use this more like a tool which can have different meanings bit confusing, because of a rather conflicting description from A the manual and B what other people say.

Everything described above is the way it happened 6 beeps as in a "melody" ---- (beep-beep----beep-beep-beep-beep)
    A2 = no worry, so solved...
    I am using a x99 ftw k which also has its own melody beep but i know it tells me successful post/boot.
    After the 6 beeps on the z370 ftw as mentioned before it goes straight to windows within seconds. (which is a good sign i think....)

Its just that the manual says something different to what the 6 beeps may indicate, which led me to post here. There are 2 usb devices plugged into the MB (mouse/keyboard). In any case if you say it's fine judging from what i described above then il go with that.

Lastly should i flash the BIOS or keep it as it is (obviously the choice for the 8700 non k version this rig runs only at stock setting except the XMP1 ram profile)?

Thanks in advance

Ardusa
    • Total Posts : 1
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: EVGA Z370 FTW 6 beeps + A2 2020/10/27 09:25:54 (permalink)
    Ever solve it? I have a Z370 Classified K and same problem.
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102262
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: EVGA Z370 FTW 6 beeps + A2 2020/11/03 07:22:53 (permalink)
    Ardusa
    Ever solve it? I have a Z370 Classified K and same problem.

I sent a PM to the OP. Don't know if that person will answer or not. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile