EVGA

EVGA Z370 Classified K sound blaster problem

Author
EVmadman
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/07/30 09:59:10 (permalink)
Hello all i am in need of help and have search everywhere for a solution to no avail.I have a EVGA Classified K series board with the onboard audio of sound blaster.It came with Soundblaster Recon3di software bundle which i installed.The problem is When anything that has crystalizer is turned on i get a very high metallic static sound and the only way to fix this issues is to reboot the system.But it will return at random times.Upon turning off anything that has crystalizer fixes the problem entirely.I have Tried to use older drivers to still have the problem.

18 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31001
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: EVGA Z370 Classified K sound blaster problem 2018/07/30 10:06:11 (permalink)
    MB BIOS up to date ?

List All USB items connected & if they are self-powered

List what is connected to MB for sound: speakers, microphone, headset ....

OS?
    GPU?
    PSU?
    Monitor & how connected (cable type) - does your monitor have speakers ?

Some basic things to check ...

Do you have more than 1 set of sound drivers installed ?
    ---> Nvidia driver default install installs sound drivers that could conflict with the sound on MB

Check Device Manager for any errors

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

EVmadman
    Re: EVGA Z370 Classified K sound blaster problem 2018/07/30 10:38:28 (permalink)
    MB BIOS up to date ? i have version 1.0.5

List All USB items connected & if they are self-powered.. Logitech 502 mouse, Logitech G19 keyboard (this keyboard is self powered)

List what is connected to MB for sound: speakers, microphone, headset .... Logitech 5.1 desktop surround speakers also a labtech microphone stand.

OS? Windows 10 Home
    GPU? MSI Geforce Gtx 1060 6GB 192 bit GDDR5 PCI express 3.0 x16
    PSU? Corsair Rmx series 750w 80 plus gold haswell ATX12v & EPS12v 
    Monitor & how connected (cable type) - does your monitor have speakers ? HP Omen 24 inch LED screen with Displayport(144hz) & HDMI (60hz) connected. I have both connect to switch from higher to lower Hz for certain games..have tried singles at a time to still find sound issue exist.

Let me also note i have no overclocking going on at this time.... and everything but the sound has ran wonderfully.

Thank you for your help.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: EVGA Z370 Classified K sound blaster problem 2018/07/30 10:44:10 (permalink)
    Device Manager show Any issues (yellow circle) ?

Only 1 set of sound drivers installed ? --> Not Sound Blaster & Nvidia --> Will / can cause issues

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

EVmadman
    Re: EVGA Z370 Classified K sound blaster problem 2018/07/30 11:49:53 (permalink)
    No yellow circles or issues. nvidia high definition audio is installed but disabled. Is there a way to completely remove this audio driver? I uninstall it in the Device manager but upon restart it keeps reinstalling it.
    KenMcC
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3329
    • Ribbons : 21
    Re: EVGA Z370 Classified K sound blaster problem 2018/07/30 12:06:49 (permalink)
    Read NOTEs at bottom before you start. If you may be having issues with device drivers, it’s possibly hidden drivers.  Then you may want to check and see if additional drivers  actually are hidden.  Device manager will not show them even when you click "Show Hidden Devices".  
    To check and see if you have extra drivers installed on your PC; you must set a flag for device manager from the cmd box.  In the Search Windows on task bar, type in "Command Prompt".  Now right click on the Command Prompt and click on Run as administrator.  Now type in this 

FLAG/CMD:(do not type the FLAG/CMD:)  “set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1” (no quotes for either CMD) 
    Next type ”devmgmt.msc “  (as administrator)

Once you are in Device Manager, go to the "View" menu, select  “Show Hidden Devices”.  This will show all the device drivers including things that aren’t currently installed in your computer.
    You can right-click on the driver and then choose Uninstall from the menu to remove the drivers for added/ conflicting hardware (yellow or grayed out).
    This procedure can resolve a lot of weird issues.  
    NOTE 1: the grayed out drivers may OR may Not still be needed.  Before deleteing make sure they are not for some devices (like USBs or some parts of media player).  
    Note 2: For audio problems; the Realtek MUST be the last driver listed in device mgr.  Also, if you have more audio devices, as Logitec microphone etc.. they will be shown as well. 
    Note (3): If you join some conferences (business/broadcast) Microsoft Streaming Service maybe installed to receive the Internet Stream.

Hope this helps. 

KenMcC
    Z170 Classy K; i7-6700 CPU,
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2A2400C14
    Seasonic SSR-360GP 360W;
    Samsung 950 Pro M.2 256 GB 
    Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB SATA
    Samsung 850 Evo 256 GB SATA
    Samsung SSD 840 Series 250 GB SATA

Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB SATA
    Windows 10 x64 Prof.  
    dgspider
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 221
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: EVGA Z370 Classified K sound blaster problem 2018/07/30 14:28:27 (permalink)
    did you get it fixed I have the exact problem randomly .
    I only install display and PhysX drivers from the start you might have two reinstall the drivers
    two get rid of the audio driver.
     I do have the same  mouse as you hmm

note Z370 Classified K doesn't have  Realtek its Creative Sound Core3D 5.1 .
    post edited by dgspider - 2018/07/30 14:37:55

~CPU:> Intel i7 8700k @3.70          
    ~CPU COOLER:> Noctua nh d14s
    ~MOBO:> EVGA z370  Classified K
        ~GRAPHICS :> EVGA RTX 2080 SUPER FTW3 ULTRA 
       ~RAM:> gSKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)   3200
    ~HD:> 960 pro 512g 
      ~PSU:> EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2
     ~MONITOR:> 23" asus 1920x1080 and acer 16" 1366x768  
     ~INPUT:> Logitech G15 Keyboard and Logitech 502 mouse   
        ~O/S:> win10 (64) "pro"   

Affiliate  : CVLX5QGGI0
     Heatware: http://www.heatware.com/u/106038

EVmadman
    Re: EVGA Z370 Classified K sound blaster problem 2018/07/30 14:55:44 (permalink)
    KenMcC
    Read NOTEs at bottom before you start. If you may be having issues with device drivers, it’s possibly hidden drivers.  Then you may want to check and see if additional drivers  actually are hidden.  Device manager will not show them even when you click "Show Hidden Devices".  
    To check and see if you have extra drivers installed on your PC; you must set a flag for device manager from the cmd box.  In the Search Windows on task bar, type in "Command Prompt".  Now right click on the Command Prompt and click on Run as administrator.  Now type in this 

FLAG/CMD:(do not type the FLAG/CMD:)  “set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1” (no quotes for either CMD) 

Once you are in Device Manager, go to the "View" menu, select  “Show Hidden Devices”.  This will show all the device drivers including things that aren’t currently installed in your computer.
    You can right-click on the driver and then choose Uninstall from the menu to remove the drivers for added/ conflicting hardware (yellow or grayed out).
    NOTE 1: the grayed out drivers may OR may Not still be needed.  Before deleteing make sure they are not for some devices (like USBs or some parts of media player).  
    Note 2: For audio problems; the Realtek MUST be the last driver listed in device mgr.  Also, if you have more audio devices, as Logitec microphone etc.. they will be shown as well. 
    Note (3): If you join some conferences (business/broadcast) Microsoft Streaming Service maybe installed to receive the Internet Stream.

Hope this helps. 

Alot of gray drivers except for the soundblaster audio & nvidia drivers will try to delete the nvidia drivers in this manner to see if it has effect.. will post back with findings when i can.Thank for the help guys maybe together we will find the solution. 
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: EVGA Z370 Classified K sound blaster problem 2018/07/30 15:03:29 (permalink)

Best & easiest way to remove display drivers:

First --> Make a Restore Point and backup Any Critical Data

Run DDU, (use safe mode with reboot) use custom install of Nvidia on reinstall

Steps I use:

Download all software needed

PC offline - pull the network

All background software stopped, including security software (that's why offline)

DDU in Safe Mode to remove Nividia Experience (no reboot) & Then Remove the old driver,  with reboot - for driver update

After rebooting - stay Offline - now install the Nvidia driver

Install Nvidia driver, Advanced mode, clean install, Only Install graphics driver & PhysX, then reboot
    • Do NOT install Nvidia Experience
    • Do Not install 3D ....
    • Do Not install the sound driver
    -->  If you really want Nvidia Experience or other "feature" - you can install them later, After you check that your system works as desired

After drives installed and you rebooted - Stay Offline & log In to Windows
    •  check Device manager for any Error messages if all is Good, then reconnect to internet

Now install the GPU OC software of your choice - I recommend following the steps above - Offline, kill all background software first

----------------

Turn OFF ---> Fast StartUp in Windows:
    Remember to turn Windows 10 Fast Startup OFF, when upgrading drivers, firmware or hardware

With Windows 10 there is a new “hybrid” startup mode that should cut down on boot up times.

It does this by putting the PC into hibernation instead of fully shutting down."

Windows Central - How to disable Windows 10 fast startup (and why you'd want to)

How-to Geek The Pros and Cons of Windows 10’s “Fast Startup” Mode

dgspider
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 221
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: EVGA Z370 Classified K sound blaster problem 2018/07/31 08:18:11 (permalink)
    we are not the only ones having problems with Creative Sound Core3D.
    is  different board but same audio chip

https://www.overclock.net...if-you-have-issue.html

~CPU:> Intel i7 8700k @3.70          
    ~CPU COOLER:> Noctua nh d14s
    ~MOBO:> EVGA z370  Classified K
        ~GRAPHICS :> EVGA RTX 2080 SUPER FTW3 ULTRA 
       ~RAM:> gSKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)   3200
    ~HD:> 960 pro 512g 
      ~PSU:> EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2
     ~MONITOR:> 23" asus 1920x1080 and acer 16" 1366x768  
     ~INPUT:> Logitech G15 Keyboard and Logitech 502 mouse   
        ~O/S:> win10 (64) "pro"   

Affiliate  : CVLX5QGGI0
     Heatware: http://www.heatware.com/u/106038

EVmadman
    Re: EVGA Z370 Classified K sound blaster problem 2018/07/31 19:11:42 (permalink)
    The problem still remains....yet again i disabled all the crystalizer options and all is well which leads me to believe that this is a software issue on creatives part.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: EVGA Z370 Classified K sound blaster problem 2018/08/01 09:31:15 (permalink)
    KenMcC

Hope this helps. 

very good information, for Win 10 users
    BR awarded

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: EVGA Z370 Classified K sound blaster problem 2018/08/01 09:52:09 (permalink)
    EVmadman
    The problem still remains....yet again i disabled all the crystalizer options and all is well which leads me to believe that this is a software issue on creatives part.

Any good info on the Creative site ?

Troy1982
    • Total Posts : 6
    Re: EVGA Z370 Classified K sound blaster problem 2018/08/14 14:32:02 (permalink)
    I'm still can't fix my sound creative 3d..
    Troy1982
    • Total Posts : 6
    Re: EVGA Z370 Classified K sound blaster problem 2018/08/16 19:48:23 (permalink)
    ill fix mine... the USB not compatable with the sound blaster 3di now I just bought a razer headset with 3.5mm jack and it work very nice... ) 
    rogeryoung
    • Total Posts : 34
    Re: EVGA Z370 Classified K sound blaster problem 2019/06/06 15:41:06 (permalink)
    I install windows 1903 features update and had no sound reverted back and forth between 1809 1903 updates tryin to solve problem . I have the 9600k and z370 classified k with the sound blaster 3di. I eventually got sound only to lose it again . now I have sound but no mic , mic randomly went full blast with volume at 2 it was unbearable thought it would bust my headphones it was that loud , and now I got nothing from the mic.
    post edited by rogeryoung - 2019/06/06 15:50:15
    rogeryoung
    • Total Posts : 34
    Re: EVGA Z370 Classified K sound blaster problem 2019/06/06 16:25:30 (permalink)
    and now its back on ...<-----shakes head , looking for a crunchdog
    coolmistry
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2502
    • Ribbons : 45
    Re: EVGA Z370 Classified K sound blaster problem 2019/06/07 00:24:05 (permalink)
    I got the same problem with the Sound Recon 3Di on my Z370 Classified this because 'Turn on fast start up' in Windows cause the sound! You must disable 'Turn on fast start up' and then shut down your pc! then boot up and test the sound again! I have disable 'Turn on fast start up' because know this may cause the driver!! 

Windows 11 Home 64bits up to Dated
    i9 11900K 5,275 MHz (3,500 MHz) || EVGA Z590 FTW WIFI || 2 x Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti FE || 32Gb Dominator Platinum DDR3 3600mhz XMP OC 3800mhz || 500gb Samsung 980 Pro NVMe || 500gb Samsung 970 EVO and Sata M.2 (1 x SSD and 1xHHD) || EVGA CLCx 360 Cooler || EVGA Supernova 1300w X3 || EVGA Z10 Keyboard || EVGA TORQ X10 mouse ||EVGA DG 77 case || Acer Predator  X35 35" 200Hz G-Sync || Logitech Z906 5.1 system sounds SPDIF|| Kaspersky Internet Security
    SM-71
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 292
    • Ribbons : 8
    Re: EVGA Z370 Classified K sound blaster problem 2019/06/10 10:39:08 (permalink)
    Seems like a Creative software / Creative driver issue with Windows 10 to me.  Been running this board with Crystallizer "ON" since I built this PC in February under Windows 7 without any sound issues so far.  I even with both nVidia and Creative sound drivers installed.  I switch back and forth between sound output.  Late evenings when I don't want to disturb others, I change output to nVidia HDMI and run audio through my 4K TV.  When no one else home and volume doesn't matter, I'll change output to Creative optical for 5.1 surround. 

FYI, I have not installed any extra Creative software, only the driver package.

Rebuild 2.0 Specs:  Phantek's Enthoo Pro Full Tower case * Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 motherboard * Intel i9-13900KS CPU with Kraken X63 AIO * WIN 11 PRO 64bit * MSI 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio GPU * Corsair Vengeance 64GB(4x16GB) RAM * Solidigm P44 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe SSD (Win11 Pro) + Intel 665p 1TB M.2 NVMe (storage) + Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe (storage) + Samsung 980 1TB M.2 NVMe (Ubuntu) * Seasonic Vertex GX-1200 1200W ATX 3.0 PSU * Samsung 50 inch QN90A 4K TV/monitor * FANS: Bitfenix Spectre Pro 200mm front intake + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC 140mm exhaust on Kraken X63 radiator + 1 Noctua NF-A12 120mm rear intake
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile